High Poly Natalya WIP

Best answers
then maybe look at how you've fixed those things, because i hardly see any improvements.
and you dont need a drawovre, you just have to go to sites like www.fineart.sk and look around for pics.
and dont focus only on the persron ur trying to make, first try to get a good female face.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skintones and eyecolour are way off. Her complexion is rosy and warm and you've made it a sickly looking green. Her eyes are grey, not olive green.

http://www.izabella-scorupco.com/

Look at the gallery.

From top:
Top of hair (fine)
Hairline (lower it)
Top eyelid (bring it down)
Bottom eyelid (ditto)
Tip of nose (bring it down slightly and make the nose thinner so the eyes can move closer together)
Top of top lip (bring it down)
Jawline (she has a strong jaw and it needs to be defined. From what I can see, she has a jawline parallel to her nose, it should be parallel to her lips).
Bottom lip (bring it down)
Chin (make the curve rounder and smoother)

Also the ears need to be lower on her head.

As for headshape, make the lower half full out more so it's like a rounded rectangle with a chin rather than upside-down triangle.

And female eyebrows aren't just horizontal curves above the eyes, they're like arched diagonals. That's not just based off one pic, theres hundreds on google.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Skintones and eyecolour are way off. Her complexion is rosy and warm and you've made it a sickly looking green. Her eyes are grey, not olive green.

http://www.izabella-scorupco.com/

Look at the gallery.

From top:
Top of hair (fine)
Hairline (lower it)
Top eyelid (bring it down)
Bottom eyelid (ditto)
Tip of nose (bring it down slightly and make the nose thinner so the eyes can move closer together)
Top of top lip (bring it down)
Jawline (she has a strong jaw and it needs to be defined. From what I can see, she has a jawline parallel to her nose, it should be parallel to her lips).
Bottom lip (bring it down)
Chin (make the curve rounder and smoother)

Also the ears need to be lower on her head.

As for headshape, make the lower half full out more so it's like a rounded rectangle with a chin rather than upside-down triangle.

And female eyebrows aren't just horizontal curves above the eyes, they're like arched diagonals. That's not just based off one pic, theres hundreds on google.
dude! thank you sooo much! <3
This is what I have been looking for. Thanks alot man! I'll get to work asap

Oh ya... btw, her eyes are green, not grey :p

Btw, Can I get that picture without the ref lines plz?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
another small tip, bring the materials self ilumination up to 50, i think the shadows are throwing off your sense of proportion and depth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're welcome :]

Is that the pic you used as a colour reference for the skin? The whole pic has a nasty green overtone, like it was taken under a green light. Thats probably why the skin came out a bit greeny too. These pics are taken in normal lighting so they'll be more realistic looking and accurate:

Eyes:

Skintones:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
You're welcome :]

Is that the pic you used as a colour reference for the skin? The whole pic has a nasty green overtone, like it was taken under a green light. Thats probably why the skin came out a bit greeny too. These pics are taken in normal lighting so they'll be more realistic looking and accurate:

Eyes:

Skintones:
yeap, thats my problem, I was wondering why... I used her skin tone, but it had a greenish overlay... thanks :) And, I need that front picture of Natalya without the ref lines please.

...Lol... I have spent like 15 hours doing this damn head... wtf

@Gir-
50 % self-Ill makes her look like she is glowing... definatly not normal

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doesnt matter, the more illuminated the model is on its own, the less the viewport shadows can interfere with it, which means youll get a more accurate result while modeling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I have done alot of work to the face... Here

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looking a lot better, much cleaner.

however, something ive learned about high poly stuff. while working in low poly, every vertex should define something, in high poly, every edgeloop should.

the main problems i see right now, is that you have a lot of loops which arent really doing anything, and are just crowding up the area, such as around the base of the nose.

you also have a lot of triangles, try to keep to quads as much as you can when your wotking in high poly.

try and define the shape of the eye a bit better, at the moment shes got an asian eye, rather than european, her lips could do with being brought in just that little bit further.

keep it up, your showing real improvement.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhm growler.. is there somthing in gmax where you can change the % of illumination and diffuse?

if yes please set illumination on 30-40% and diffuse on 70-60%

;) i gues then it will looks abit better on the model :D

crits on skin:

she got a light orange and abit of red face... urs seems to les of both. the lips could get more red.

on the mesh:

select the eye brown area and move them abit more forewards and try to make a round head (suggest to use the top view)

make the nose holes less widhter.. looks like of a ***** <_<"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
uhm growler.. is there somthing in gmax where you can change the % of illumination and diffuse?

if yes please set illumination on 30-40% and diffuse on 70-60%

;) i gues then it will looks abit better on the model :D

crits on skin:

she got a light orange and abit of red face... urs seems to les of both. the lips could get more red.

on the mesh:

select the eye brown area and move them abit more forewards and try to make a round head (suggest to use the top view)

make the nose holes less widhter.. looks like of a ***** <_<"
My last post wasn't skinned.

@Gir
Thanks, But... can I get a more thorough definition of what an edgeloop is? I read tutorials, and though many tell me to edgeloop, they don't define what it is.

Best answers
now all he needs is a perfict side picture lol then he is all set for his crappy nose and mouth job :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Edge loops, are exactly how it sounds.

its a loop of edges, used to define features. they are usually structured the same way the muscles flow on a body, so it adds to the realistic shape.

for example, on a face:

thats just basic though. take a look at this by EarthQuake on the polycount forum, how the loops actually flow around the face. its all one smoothing group, but because of how hes structrured the loops, theres no funky shadows.

edgelooping over the whole body (big pic):
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/crash/earthquake/luba19.jpg

and heres how it looked textured:

Edit: http://thnom.tehunlose.com/model_resource/white.htm

use that link, model as many of the guys/girls there as you can, just click a picture, and itll give you a full front/side view of them. its brilliant if you wanna practice speed modeling heads, or just practice in general.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

whoops, I'm going to fix the eyes again. Forgot all about them. If anyone has any tips on a good way to start her torso, lemme know.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Sure here you go:

She's hot. O_O and nice model Growler. Skintone should be changed like RD said though. Keep it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**Update
Torso still WIP
bewbs need adjusting

*Note- this is my first humanistic, woman torso, so crit please

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
drew this a long time ago, hopefully itll help though.

ps. boobs are ****ing hard to model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
drew this a long time ago, hopefully itll help though.

ps. boobs are ****ing hard to model.
thanks man, Im trying to use one of the Super models as reference, but she has a wierd figure. Ill use the drawing you provided... and yes, her bewbs are very hard to model

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom