High Poly Natalya WIP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is my first attempt at a high poly humanistic model. The sunken part of the eyes will be changed. And ima clean up the poly flow on the nose. This is a trial model for GoldenEye Source. The refs were hard to find and don't match perfectly, so I had to compromise.

Just started it today, worked like 4 hours on it... :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
get a better modeling programm dammit!
anyway it doesnt really look humanistic and its to uber highpolyed then the highpoly good could be... get some wire views of head from cgtalk and then you will know what i do mean

sry but it doesnt really look humanic fully.... :-\ sry..

DMW

Best answers
I'm with MadAxman on this one his face is or im sorry her face is too pointy.And before you think what i said was an insult dont worry it wasnt,i said his by mistake,not dissin' you.

Best answers
Wow nice realistic face models, I don't know who Natalya is, but I recognize that other woman, is that Famke Jansen(Jean Grey on X-men).

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan,
Don't take this the wrong way but,
I think you should stick to low poly model's and use a new modelling program..
or quit modelling, it's just not for some people.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Even though it's partially finished, it looks to masculine for some reason.

Best answers
aaah the face,it looks like an old lady or something o_O .you gave her way to much chin.and the bottom of her nose is really messy.it doesn't looks that bad in smoothshade but you can't tell it's supposed to be a girl.anyway good luck with yout further progress.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
Dan,
Don't take this the wrong way but,
I think you should stick to low poly model's and use a new modelling program..
or quit modelling, it's just not for some people.
Is there a right way to take that? Lol... If I stuck to low poly models, I wouldn't broaden my skill range. I think people should venture out and try harder things. But thanks for the encouragement.

@ Gir...
Hey thanks for that tutorial, it is a little over my head with the lingo, but I got the jist of it nevertheless. I e-mailed that guy my model, asking for some pointers on how I can improve it.. waiting for an e-mail back. Also, that isn't Natalya on those models you showed me, thats some other character I think from Agent Under Fire...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh my bad... i know hes done her, i just couldnt find the image and thought that was it... oh well =O

and Daz is a cool guy, if he can help you he will...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Update... Made her look more feminine

Best answers
Till arrow form. a had the same problem with my first model....u should model a little bit more than have face to make it a little more flat in the front than delete it and mirror should work....if not sry my bad.

Sudi

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the nose is sticking out way too much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One thing that would help is using a reference in the viewport (assuming you don't unless you have it hidden in the picture).
It only vaguely looks like a human face, (an accomplishment for your first hipoly mesh ^^, mine was horrific), and having refs will really help you in figuring out things like placement of features and the shape of the head.

Another thing that would help is making your polygon's follow the lines of the muscles in the face, you're not doing that and that's primarily what's making it look bad. If you look at other high poly models you'll see the lines circling around the eyes and mouth because that's where the muscles are on the face, and those muscles give shape to our faces.

Drawover (its not exact, but it gives an idea >>; )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/temetry/natalyashow3zy.jpg

Try checking this link too, not exactly a tutorial, but there's some useful information you can draw on.
http://www.ethereality.info/ethereality_website/3d/topology_research/topology_research.htm

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I started over...

EDIT***
Update

Best answers
looks way beter in the wireframe view,but it looks pretty bad in the smoothshade view.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, you definitely have some good edge loops, now you have to make it define the skull and facial features properly.
Try bring out the brow and shrinking the eyes a bit and see where that gets you.
Keep at it ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom