Hey, what's *** about Doom 3?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonadz said:
I can put it so easy.

Doom 3 = Grafics engine. What is it missing? A GAME.

Yes, mods for Doom 3 would be great, but seeing as the tools too make them aint out yet (SDK if i read sonics post) thats gonna take some time. This game is scary? no. Its just too dark too see a ****ing thing 98% of the game.. Its practically FORCES you too turn on god mode and start bashing with the flashlight, cuz thats the only way you can actually SEE what the hell your doing. I think this is the first and only game i have every played that made me search for cheats BEFORE i finished it. And boy did i have fun. Did cheats ruin it for me? NOOOO I'm god with a CHAINSAW, BABY! :D BRING IT!

But seriouslly. I think the irony in [SAS]Onions quote is perfect. [SAS]Orion: "i'm a doom 3 space marine!"

Your a goddamn space marine, why in hell are you running around with a flashlight? Smith, EVEN HALFLIFE HAD BOTH FLASHLIGHT AND GUN! Seeing as you constantly refure back to HL, it just pwned Doom 3 :D
There are brightness settings you can adjust, they're there for a reason, jerkoff. I didn't have to turn on god mode, I know a lot of people didn't, and if you did you should have been playing on an easier difficulty.

I'm glad you had fun being a pansy :/.

I don't remember referring* back to half life, and it didn't "just pwned Doom 3", I've had more fun with doom 3's singleplayer than I ever did with Half Lifes. Maybe you didn't enjoy the story because you were running around being "god with a CHAINSAW, BABY! :D BRING IT!"

If you played it the way it was ment to be played, in the dark, no lights on, headphones, and no prethoughts about "Man this game is GONNA SUCK BALLS. I have it set in my head that this game sucks! And even if it doesn't suck, I'm going to say it sucks because I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO THINK I'M WRONG. GOD MODE TIME BABY! :D"

Yea, lots of fun there. Also, try r_gamma 1 - X if it's already too dark for you. I have it on 1.7, I still have to use the flash light, but it allows you to see in the dark slightly while still keeping the scare factor.

Gonadz said:
Your a goddamn space marine, why in hell are you running around with a flashlight?
Because the lights are off, wouldn't you use a flash light if there were no lights? Meh, maybe you just don't think at all, maybe all you do is "Blah, game r boring, god mode time :D:D."

Gonadz said:
This game is scary? no.
Then play it at night, not during the day time with music playing, the t.v. on, with parents and friends calling or bothering you. Think for once, gawd.

I bet $10 I'm going to get a warning for this semi-flame :/.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
There are brightness settings you can adjust, they're there for a reason, jerkoff.
Smith| said:
I'm glad you had fun being a pansy :/.
Tone it down a little, this is a legit discussion, no need for flaming/insulting.

Best answers
And this is how sad Doom 3 really is, it even requires you too wait till its night to be enjoyed :D How good of a game is that.

And i'm sorry smith.. I'm sorry your game sucks but your to blind too even consider otherwise. :( I did, but it still blow my balls. I dont have a burning passion in hating ID and there games, i just hate games i dont like, or even remotely enjoy playing. :( Really, i'm so sorry.

About the flash light ladies and gents.

We are, no no theres no denying it, a SPACE marine on a base on MARS. And STILL we cant have on suit flashlights? Tell me smith or anybody else for that matter, why not? How is gorden freeman more advanced then a mars space marine? How does that work cuz i simplely cant find the logic behind that one.

I DID infact put my brightness first alittle up, then all the way up. Didnt really help that still i couldnt see jack ****. I mean, i had too alter a screenshot i toke with photoshop too even make out what the hell was going on. Heh, yea, its so dark and scary. :D

And the endless cliche of "Oh a open area, i wonder if there are going too be monsters spawned when i'm half way thru. Well i'll me damned there are *BAM BAM* on too the next poorly lit room when monsters will spawn" Kept coming back. Tell me, did any of you have that same problem? Is it a bug that'll get taken out with the next patch? Please, i wanna know.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Smith| said:
I honestly don't understand what you blabber about the hit detection. Are you mad that if you miss by an inch it won't hit them like in half life fps?

If you shoot their leg, it hits, if you shoot in between, it won't.
He meant that if you hit someone in the head or in the leg, it doesnt matter damage is the same ~_~.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
He meant that if you hit someone in the head or in the leg, it doesnt matter damage is the same ~_~.
Ooooh, I get it now, yeah, that is stupid.

/me adds it to the list.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is ****ing horrendous.

The reason for the flashlight is obvious enough. You guys are saying it over and over--YOU ARE A SPACE MARINE STATIONED ON MARS. What the **** would they ever expect you to need a flashlight on a gun or suit for? You only get that stupid flashlight cause they say the lights downstairs suck and shut off sometimes. They build state of the art stuff at the UAC facility...you think putting flashlights on guns and helmets is any kind of priority?

If the game's too dark for you clowns, fix your monitors number one, and number two, there's actually a setting that will scale up all light sources in game. Use it.

I can not for the life of me believe the *****ing simultaneously about how lame the flashlight is, then complaining the game's too dark. That's why the ****ing lights' there, you ****ing morons.

Anybody talking **** about this game clearly did not play the same thing I'm playing.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
This is ****ing horrendous.
Please restrain from making these kind of comments, vulgar actions like this get threads closed.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thread Warning from Forum Staff:

This thread is now under supervised moderation. Any flames, even indirect ones, will be issued immediate warnings. Same goes for spam and posts which do not contribute to the original topic. This goes for forum users and staff alive. Moderators who fall out of line will be reported and dealt with by administrators.

Do not test this warning.

Best answers
Woman in mens room: Akwerd
Men in ladies room: Lawsuit

goos the same as

Flaming in praise doom 3 thread: NONO!
Flaming in crit doom 3 thread: Aight...

Please pride, take to smiths thread. We played the exact same game as you did, and we made up our minds. You did too, we share what we think and we dont need a flamer like you in here.. You did the same too us in your thread of eternal praise.

And even trying to discuss this game wouldnt do much good anyway. You cant see me point, i dont see yours. Lets just part untill it gets out of hand, k?

Best answers
Gonadz said:
And i'm sorry smith.. I'm sorry your game sucks but your to blind too even consider otherwise. I did, but it still blow my balls. I dont have a burning passion in hating ID and there games, i just hate games i dont like, or even remotely enjoy playing. Really, i'm so sorry.
That is absolutly rediculous, look through this thread *******, your the only one bashing it so vigourously. Your that 1% of the population that can't see a great game if it smacks you accross the face. Maybe you would have liked this game if played it the way your suppose to, without CHEATS.

And this 'thread' wouldn't be pissing so many people off it wasn't CREATED TO PISS US OFF. God damnit you're a ****ing MORON. All it is, is small minded people coming together to talk about how they hate a game they played for TEN ****ING MINUTES.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
That is absolutly rediculous, look through this thread *******, your the only one bashing it so vigourously. Your that 1% of the population that can't see a great game if it smacks you accross the face. Maybe you would have liked this game if played it the way your suppose to, without CHEATS.

And this 'thread' wouldn't be pissing so many people off it wasn't CREATED TO PISS US OFF. God damnit you're a ****ing MORON.
You recieve a warning, good job.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the flashlight thing is kind of annoying, but it's obvious that they made the flashlight a seperate item to make the game harder/scarier. If it were on your gun or helmet, you'd constantly have it on. It seems that the developers wanted you to experience the game in the dark more, or make you choose when to use your flashlight wisely. It makes the game a little scarier, and a little harder to play. Some people don;t like that aspect, but I thought it made the game a lot cooler.

Half life made the flashlight have a battery that recharges slowly. so you could have it on with a weapon, but you couldn't have it on all the time. In Doom 3, it takes it to another step, you choose, either flashlight or gun. but with the F button you can quickly switch back to your weapon when you need to. I like it, and others don't, whatever just opinions.

Best answers
Why can't people be like me? I don't care about all that fancy crap. I just play it cause it looks neat (shiny things :O) and not for the quality. You don't play a game to critisize it, you play cause you want to.

If you sit there and complain about how stupid it is... why are you playing it and why do you even care? There are lots of other things you could be doing instead of whining about it. It's great in all that you express yourself, but dont make excuses to be right about your opinion. Opinions contain no facts, because if they did, wouldnt they be theories or someth'n?

As for me, I pretty much have no right to tell people right or wrong and what to do. Advice is what i give, mainly to cheer people up. I like having fun but when people arent having fun, i'm not. I sometimes can't hold my temper in and get angry, but it's only ego at work :fight: and i dont mean it.

Oh and by the way. There are headshots in this game. Maybe even leg shots, so what are you talking about. Frankly i dont pay attention enough to actually care, but headshots will kill some things faster if they aren't already one.
------
If your still gripeing about how dull the game is, why not try this to make it fun?

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/144012.shtml <- Project Brian
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/144072.shtml <- Cel Shader Mod
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/143958.shtml <- Ultra Extreme Quality Mod
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/144111.shtml <- Arto Weapon Mod ( I luv this one)
http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=144021 <- Old School Doom Soundpack ( my fav)
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/144053.shtml <- Xio's Skin Pack v2 ( i just found this)
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/143989.shtml <- Simple Map (remake of E1M1 of original doom)

That's all I saw that was interesting, but go here for other doom3 stuff. I'm still waiting on a old school doom music pack or i'll just have to try and make one myself.

P.S.- If i've offended anybody in anyway, i'm sorry :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's the opposite, actually. Plenty of "Doom sucks and your all losers" can happen in the thread that is obviously Doom 3 enthusiasts. But we come over here and defend the game in a thread that is just BARELY bordering on an actual conversation and is more or less a ****storm designed to insult all of the Doom 3 fans of the board...and apparently we're committing a crime.

Oh I won't lie, this is blatant flaming at points, and I'll gladly take a two week vacation just to tell people to go **** themselves. But there was plenty of blatant flaming in the other thread. And we pretty much just said, "what the hell, take that noise some place else."

None of these are even legitimate complaints at all. This thread exists entirely to MOCK and INSULT the game and it's enthusiasts...not "discuss it's shortcomings" (or lack thereof).

This thread was created for the reason of aggravating people. Tass is absolutely right. Look at the title--it's a blatant smart assed reply to the comment I made in my own [post in the other] thread. At least Prime probably actually doesn't like the game--even if his only argument is to rehash slight misquotes from the BS something awful review for it. Nadz, your just doing this **** to bust people's balls. MOST of this crap, and the REASON BEHIND THIS THREAD, was to bust balls.

Personally, I'm not really getting the point.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It's the opposite, actually. Plenty of "Doom sucks and your all losers" can happen in the thread that is obviously Doom 3 enthusiasts. But we come over here and defend the game in a thread that is just BARELY bordering on an actual conversation and is more or less a ****storm designed to insult all of the Doom 3 fans of the board...and apparently we're committing a crime.

Oh I won't lie, this is blatant flaming at points, and I'll gladly take a two week vacation just to tell people to go **** themselves. But there was plenty of blatant flaming in the other thread. And we pretty much just said, "what the hell, take that noise some place else."

None of these are even legitimate complaints at all. This thread exists entirely to MOCK and INSULT the game and it's enthusiasts...not "discuss it's shortcomings" (or lack thereof).

This thread was created for the reason of aggravating people. Tass is absolutely right. Look at the title--it's a blatant smart assed reply to the comment I made in my own thread. At least Prime probably actually doesn't like the game--even if his only argument is to rehash slight misquotes from the BS something awful review for it. Nadz, your just doing this **** to bust people's balls. MOST of this crap, and the REASON BEHIND THIS THREAD, was to bust balls.

Personally, I'm not amused.
You also recieve a warning, I expected more maturity from you Pride :/

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, come on, let's be mature about this, honestly, most of the people in these threads are almost adults, if not already.

You have to remember one thing, everyone is entitled to their opinions, everyone has their tastes. Some people like olives on their pizza, I can't stand them, some people think Doom 3 is the greatest thing since sliced bread, others beg to differ. Is anyone more right than the other? No. Why? Because an opinion can't be wrong, because it is simply opinion.

Why people can't respect other's opinions is beyond me, but the lack of maturity as of late specifically revolving around Doom 3 is pathetic.

Please stay on topic, and do so in a positive fashion. Next time a moderator has to issue a warning, this thread will get closed.
---------------
Pride: For the record, I had most of those beefs before I read the SA review. I just happened to agree with them and paraphrased them for personal use. =)

Best answers
OT said:
You have to remember one thing, everyone is entitled to their opinions, everyone has their tastes. Some people like olives on their pizza, I can't stand them, some people think Doom 3 is the greatest thing since sliced bread, others beg to differ. Is anyone more right than the other? No. Why? Because an opinion can't be wrong, because it is simply opinion.
Belive it or not, I agree with you. The reason I'm 100% against this thread is because they made it just to piss the D3 enthusiasts off. It's so blatenly obvious, I thought at least someone would have seen it by now.
SaiyanPride said:
When did the name of this thread become, "Hey, what's *** about Doom 3?"
That was Pride commenting on the people in the Doom 3 thread that kept complaining and *****ing. So the ingenious ZeniSlave decides to be a 10 year old and open this. Can you not see the immaturity in that?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
That was Pride commenting on the people in the Doom 3 thread that kept complaining and *****ing. So the ingenious ZeniSlave decides to be a 10 year old and open this. Can you not see the immaturity in that?
Another warning, would a mod please close this pre-destined flame-fest.

Best answers
Well here is my opinion if Doom3 didn't have the "Industry Changing Graphics" it would be a pretty crappy game. The graphics make up where the gameplay lacks. Also i thought the ending was crap but that is just my opinion. Also i don't like it when a spider bites my foot and my head goes backwards into a 90 degree position. Also you would think that if you shot a demons head it would be more lethal than shooting its arm.
Oh sorry about that Hwoarang didn't see your post

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom