Hey, couple of suggestions

ZiG

Best answers
Well, I know right away since I'm a NOOB ppl will look at this post like "Hey...that kids a n00b, who is he to SUGGEST anything at all?!?!" In a way your right, and well...I'm not going to sit here and argue with anyone over anything stupid like that. Let me just get to these suggestions:

After playing the Beta1 for a WHILE, (i'm hooked to it, I think it's an awesome game, ESPECIALLY for a Beta.) I thought to myself what could be done to make this possibley the BEST DBZ Mod (or even game) out there. Right away I thought you guys had the best ORIGINAL features out there that I had been able to pick up and play and see for my own eyes. Lots of other mods CLAIMED to have great features, however the thing that differs you guys as a mod is that you actually delievered these features to the people who matter, your Fanbase.

The one thing that stuck out the most to me is the size of the Maps. I remember when playing another mod (which I won't mention the name to show respect to the Team here at ESF.) I dislike the fast that the Maps were so HUGE. I mean, it's great to have a wide playing field on, especially for a DBZ game however, when the Maps tend to be TO BIG, it can cause loads of lag and other problems within the game. I think you guys should limit yourselves to how many HUGE maps you have in the game, and also work on some nice medium sized maps as well.

The Transformations in this game are great, I really enjoyed that part because I mean watching someone go SSJ in the game really scared me...I thought "Damn this guy is going SSJ, with lighting all around him and what not, he must be freakin strong I'm gettin the hell out of here!" Rather then in other DBZ games where when someone transformed it was like "wow....he transformed......GET HIM!". However, the one thing you guys should do, which i noticed when playing with Vegeta, is usually after they do the animation of the transformation the Model switch (from normal, to transformed) will be really HARD and Awkward if you know what I mean. You guys should try to maybe within the animation itself, lets say Vegeta for instance, Flash Vegeta's hair gold a couple of times (or switch the model back and forth a couple of times) you know, to make things smoother, and then at the end of the transformation he stays Transformed.

I'm sure you guys have tons of Ideas out there for this game (the Team that is) and I'm sure the finished product will be even better then the BETA. I'm going to take the Map maker files you guys sent out and get to work on some maps for you, I'm not a GREAT map maker but I think I can be of some help. I also have some friends (and myself) who model pretty decently with 3D Studio Max and I'll see if they want to help out with some Models and what not. No, I'm not asking to be on the Team, but hopefully when I send some work in to you guys you can decide from there. See you soon, and good luck with this game in the future.

JeS

Best answers
although this should be in the suggestion thread it's actually written very well and you state your points very well. unlike other people who say: OMG!!!!! MAKE FUSIONS AND MORE CHARS THAT WOULD PWN!!!!?!?! .......you made a good suggestion compared to the crap nowadays! :) gg :]

Best answers
the model switch back and forth was discussed alot before even the beta came out (they released a transformation video some weeks b4 the release) but that would lag, because the model switching is server side, so switching it back and forth couple of tiemes would just lag ...

Best answers
lol sometimes when your PL is so high and you press ascend, you do a little powerup and it makes a huge flash
i like switching back and forth really fast and make myself have seizures... rofl

Best answers
well said and yes it would lag lower end comps but i dont care cuz with a ti 4600 half-life NEVER lags muhahaHA HA HA HA

Best answers
long but to the point and good. Why would people say 'your a n00b, who are you to suggest things?' i hate people who say that.... anybody is entitled to an opinion, thats what a forum is about.

Nyway yeah, the transforms are great, but maybe your perfect transform should be still like a power up, just have him flash the golden aura, but it would still be instant. I think this has been suggested b4 somewhere...

the maps are good sizes, but little maps restrict things like blast radii, but are good for 2-4 players. Big maps are for massive melees (not intended aliteration) and colloect the DBs is good on bigger maps...

ZiG

Best answers
sorry wasn't around to respond, I'm a busy guy :p , I've been working with the UT2003 Map Editor trying to learn that, and also messing around with the Halflife Map Editor (which I must say is pretty crappy...but I'll live with it.)

Yes, I didn't realize the issue with Lag like you said )V(ajin, great point made. Well what i was roughly touching on was maybe a smoother way to get the Models to switch from Form 1 to Form 2, currently it's a bit hard and awkward (if I spelled that right O_O).

What I can't wait for is a character Like Brolli to be instituted within this game, I've seen some really great Brolli models out there but his true power is never really played out well. I think with the way ESF exhibits it's Transformations Brolli's transformation from Non-SSJ to Legendary SSJ would be a site to see...and I can really just imagine it now. Makes me want to stick around to see it, I hope someone is working on a Brolli model for these guys! heh heh

As I said before, I'll be trying my best to work with the Half Life editor and donate all I can to help this mod out and get it through its progression. In the meantime, to all the ESF members keep the good work up, you guys are doing a great job and you have a great Team with you.

BTW sorry for posting this in the wrong area, I really didn't notice. ;D

Best answers
nice i like the whole transform idea but again you just gotta give the esf team some room to breathe i mean there are sooo many little things like that that could be imporved upon...
but that is a nice suggestion, and yea this thread should be in the suggestions area

as a whole I like the suggestion you made

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom