Help with some school issues..

Best answers
Ok.. I need some advice and opinions on this issue.

Me nad my Girlfriend were both given detentions for violating our schools "Hands off policy". Apparently, we defied direct orders to 'seperate' when we were 'sitting too close'. Our schools hand-book states that "VCS strictly enforeces a hands-off policy which includes horseplay, pushing, and grabbing." Another section of our handbook says that "Public displays of affection, souch as Kissing, holding hands, frontal hugs and cuddling are not apropriate behaviors on our campus." We were sitting next to eachother. It doesn't violate anything in either of those to sections of our handbook.

Please give me some advice on how to fight this?

Best answers
show them the facts u just showed us, and tell them what you just said.....they can't blame you for any of it

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh wow dude, what Nazi's run that school?! If you weren't touching then I don't see how that violates the hands-off policy. And you weren't cuddling because in order to cuddle you must first break the "hands-off" policy which you didn't. Sounds like an open and shut case to me....

This is a perfect example of the difference between rules and laws. Sounds like they're just being hardasses to me.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
What kind of ****ty rules are those? You should simply ignore those rules, and do whatever you want, but then again your school is different then from mine (where the teachers fear us) all I can advise is say the truth over and over again.

Best answers
yeah.. my plan so far is to bring this argument up to all of the teachers I think will listen, and then to the principal, and finally to our school board, and they'll get smacked in the face by their sheer stupidity

Best answers
Good plan man i got cought up and some stuff like that before i just spit on the floor and laughed at the stupidity of the rule

🍂 Regular
Best answers
If that doesn't work gather a group of students (preferably the entire school) and fight the rules. Sounds more like a ****ing prison to me then a school.

At our school we'd use force is necessary, but that's not irrelevant.

Best answers
Yeah.. only problem is I go to a private school, but I do plan on peaceably protesting the rule, after bringing this to the board and things

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom