help with ESF

Best answers
My ESF playlist editor does not work it says cant find the HL/CS/Steam location and when i load up the game it says no songs in playlist and it does load up

Best answers
yea it works now but it dosent load up single player but i can play lan games and im using both i think because i have half-life and steam but it doesnt load single player it just says on screen no songs in playlist and it just sits there it dosent even freeze it just does nothing.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea it works now but it dosent load up single player but i can play lan games and im using both i think because i have half-life and steam but it doesnt load single player it just says on screen no songs in playlist and it just sits there it dosent even freeze it just does nothing.
ESF doesn't have single player.

As for the playlist, you need to create it. There should be a shortcut to the playlist editor in your Earth's Special Forces start menu folder.

Best answers
if there is no single player then what is console. And the sentence below it says start a new game. I click it and it looks like its going to load but it dosent and what is the latest update for hl1 and why isnt console loading

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if there is no single player then what is console. And the sentence below it says start a new game. I click it and it looks like its going to load but it dosent and what is the latest update for hl1 and why isnt console loading
Steam automatically updates HL for you. So if you really are using STEAM you dont need to worry about that.

In any case you can check if you are using STeAM by the loading picture (Shuld be Piccolo kicking Vegeta). If you dont have that picture folow theese steps of instalation.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A console is when you press the ~ button. (left of number 1)

And to start a new game it means Half Life. If you want to install ESF you have to play Half Life once so that all files required are extracte from HL. In other words. If you installed ESF already you probably made that step.

Best answers
my hl is 1.0.0.9 and when i try multiplyer it say need to update then it say it is out of date but it says update cannot be found what is the latest update

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are not using STEAM.

You need to use STEAM.

So folow theese steps to use it. http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=58675

On a side note. YOu need a LEGAL Half Life game to use STEAM pirated stuff doesnt work. And this forum does not suport piracy. Basically youll get banned for asking for cracks and CD-keys ^^

Best answers
I am using steam and a real copy of half life its just not working can you just tell me the latest update i need

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am using steam and a real copy of half life its just not working can you just tell me the latest update i need
You are not using STEAM. The fact that you have HL version 1.0.0.9 proves it. Just having it installed isnt enough.

Thats a version that was there before STEM was round. So dont pull my legs here.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=58675 Folow those steps and it will work.

Best answers
i do have steam its just not updating idk y but really i do have steam so can you just tell me what is the latest update

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can you have STEAM when your HL is version 1.0.0.9

The last version before the STEAM versions were out was 1.1.1.0

That was the last nonsteam Patch. STEAM started with 1.1.1.1 so sorry if i dont believe you. But if you do have problems with STEAM than you should ask at the STEAM forum. http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=forums

The my version is 1.1.2.0/2.0.0.0

Best answers
no 1.0.0.9 is later than 1.0.0.0 because it updates in numerical order like 1.0.0.1, 1.0.0.2, .... can u just tell me the latest update

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no 1.0.0.9 is later than 1.0.0.0 because it updates in numerical order like 1.0.0.1, 1.0.0.2, .... can u just tell me the latest update
note the 1.1.1.0 >.>

That was the last nonSTEAM version. Everything after was STEAM only.

Best answers
ok but wat is the lastest during steam because mine stoped updating

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i told you. 1.1.2.0/2.0.0.0

And how can your STEAM stop updating with a version it NEVER had >.>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Geez.. How can some guy be so troublesome?

Just a tip:

Launch STEAM, from the games list, launch hl.
After you're in the menu, quit, install esf 1.2.3/ 1.3 beta to Hl folder in steam folder.
after that, restart steam, and launch it from there.

What you've been doing is that you've been launching hl from the original WoN version, so that's why it doesn't work.

---

As for the manual updating, it might be possible, but you'd go much easier when auto-updating via steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom