help plz... something is seriously wrong

Best answers
hey guys the problem is that wen i play, at some point in the game an error message pops up saying: NET_SendPacketERROR:WSAEINTR
then wen i click ok the game shuts off and returns me to the desktop. im sorry if this error has been posted and/or answered but i am a n00b to this game and forum. anyway if anyone could help me and tell me what to do i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I beleive that's the same or similar to flush entity packets, basically means that you are lagging. You're connection isn't fast enough to receive all of the "packets" thus creating lag, don't know why it would quit to the desktop. Does this happen often?

Best answers
yes it happens every time i play, it happens in game and out at various times. and i have a cable connection and a very good comp i might add, its never done anything like this b4 and im pretty sure it wasnt lagging. well ty for the help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it happens out of game that doesn't mean that it's an issue cuased by ESF. This means that there is a problem with your actual connection. The best advice i could give you is to call your ISP and tell them about the problem you're having.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have this problem, and a huge ping problem too which doesn't allow me to play any HL online on this computer.
I connect, I have atleast 3000 ping, and I get the WSAEINTR error and crash to the desktop, but the internet works fine like normal for everything else, including other games.
Emailed Valve about it, no response.
I posted a thread about it here earlier but no one replied. >.>
I tried reinstalling HL, I'm sure you have too, mntrunks, and that didn't work.
I saw on a messageboard somewhere that someone was told to reinstall Winsock.
That's pretty serious...and the person never replied saying it worked either.

Best answers
its mad annoying i know im gonna reinstall everything. liek HL, patches, ESF ill see if that helps it a lil

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to say i could help, but my knowlegde only extends to what problems i've experienced, and i haven't anything like this. You might want to look around HL forums or CS forums, the games have been around much longer so the problem mught have been solved already. Don't know what else to say, other than don't do anything you're unsure of.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try the following stuff:
Updating gfx card
Updating sound card
downloading ESF from elsewhere
what r ur PC specs

Best answers
um im not sure of my system spevcs where can i go to show that? somewhere in control panel?? well my comp has a good video and sound card and i gotta cable connection. i think my computers fairly good... im not sure thats the problem but idk

Best answers
Does it happen 100% of the time though? because some servers just crash from bugs or too much lag.
Also does it work fine on other games?
Could even be faulty cable connection. A while ago my net kept disconnecting so the cable guy was called.
Turned out there was some dodgy (bad) wiring going from outside my house to the cable box down the road.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I have 56k, but 56k doesn't give you 3000 ping, it gives you a barely playable 300, but I need to be able to use it.
I got the latest drivers for my graphics card, it did nothing.
It's not just ESF that does this, it's every HL mod.
I don't see how updating my sound card would do anything.
I called my ISP and they have no problems, and everything else works like normal, including other games, so they must be right...
This is the most elusive problem I have ever seen...

Best answers
yea, sephiroth every time i go on esf it crashes sometime or another, usually wen i come out of a game or i am in a game and like i said my computer has a good video and audio card ,and a good internet connection so i dont know what is goin on. i also ran a virus scan on my computer and i dont have any viruses or bugs or anything... once again i am thankful for anyones input and if anyone can help me and whoever si having this problem i would apprectiate it greatly. ty

Best answers
oh also guys idk if this will help but i get it with CS too, its probly with all the mods..

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
I don't see how updating my sound card would do anything.
You can't see it, it just does. Just like you can't see oxygen in the air, but it's there. Computers are just like that. If anything else in your computer doesn't like your sound card or its drivers you will have inexplicable conflicts.

Best answers
Maybe it could be a virus/trojan. Get a VirusScanner(I recommend <a href=http://www.pestpatrol.com>PestPatrol</a>) and scan. It happened to my old comp. There were 12 users hacking into one comp, lol. Turn off your Internet Connection then scan. Hackers can close or delete Virus Scanners permenently. If you already have a VirusScanner then reinstall it and scan. This can be because the hacker is using your connection, too. They can even make it so no packets can ever go or come back to and from the internet. I know this because I am a hacker:laff:. Hope this helps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, I have never heard of that error. Sometimes you will get weird errors with different operating machines. Take XP for example, it has this bug that seems to like crashing your games ;( and now people/ or should I say hackers are taking advantage of it, causing hell to break loose on all microsoft users. All I can say is reinstall ESF and or/ Half-life.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Already tried that...
And I installed a new sound card driver... of course that didn't help...

Best answers
gevorgkhc, i have norton antivirus and i already scanned my computer a few times, i think i mighve mention it b4. so my comp is clean of that kinda stuff. it probly is a driver problem... but i dont see what i can do about it since all of my drivers are updated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mntrunks said:
um im not sure of my system spevcs where can i go to show that? somewhere in control panel?? well my comp has a good video and sound card and i gotta cable connection. i think my computers fairly good... im not sure thats the problem but idk
just to answer this question, go to start bar and go into run

type in dxdiag

on the first screen that comes up it will show you your ram, cpu etc..
click on the display tab to find out your video card and then click on the sound tab to find out your sound card :smile:

Best answers
Sometimes a little windows program called "winmgmt" interrupts your games, this happens because the computer is backing up your state incase you wish to restore. See if disabling that helps, it tends to use 100% of the CPU, crashing Half-life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom