Help! Im a n00b! I finally nearly got it working, but...

Best answers
All i wanna do is play it, so i go onto internet multiplayer, then create game, and just as its about to do something, this comes up:

'could not load library C:\ProgramFiles\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\steffanic\Half-Life/esf/cl_dlls\client.dll'

What do i do to get rid of this and get just one lil game started. I'm desperate to play it, this is the closest i have ever got to playing it :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The full installer doesn't require a patch.
Delete your ESF folder, then try installing it again with the full installer.

Best answers
WHAAAA!!!! AGAIN!!!! IT TOOK ME AT LEAST 10 HOURS OR SO TO DOWNLOAD!! *sighs* oh well, i will do so, some other day in the not too distant future.......

Best answers
Ooooh, good news. I still had the installer in my recycle bin. Ive taken it out and im gonna install it again. Is there an you know of installation guide?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure it's the full installer and not a patcher. You shouldn't need a guide with the full installer, just hit install and it will do its job.
Also, please do not double post.

Best answers
Yeah sorry about that. Im just in a hurry cos im all excited and hyper on tea!

AHA! Heres the part i think it went dodgy. When it says something about a destination folder, what shall i put? it has C:\Program Files\Half-Life\ there already, but the install button is hidden, so i just need to know what destination i need to put it in

Hello? Have you evaporated?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you even have the right FMOD installed? Sometimes when you have other fmods installed in your HL folder it messes it up. I'd give you a link to download the one compatible with ESF but I guess Svencoop removed it on their site ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom