Help fighting buu ;_;

Best answers
I love the new esf, every character seems good and evenly matched,but buu >.<, Anyone i've played againts owns me with buu in these two ways.

-teleport, smash from the side(even though i'm facing im in turbo mode and no struggle, he prepunches me)
-This one I really hate when he does it, he (player using buu) swings me, and always throws me to the ground, so I can't jump off as I could off a wall and donuts me...while i'm on the ground, and it takes out alot of hp.

---
suggestions
---
teleporting should have some sort of delay, or take out more of your ki, it really not fun(in my opinion) to tele left and right(4 times in a row).

Double tapping-serously this is the most annoying control, I wish it was a button, then use directional keys to "chain" it. espeacally in pings 200+ there is a 0.8(estimated) second delay before it turns on, making you think you "mistapped" it, and tapping it again,just throwing the whole procedure
off.

---
question
---
How do I master teleporting to keep up with buu? teleporting seems to be my weakness...I lose track of the bot all the time or even players when they teleport.

Best answers
You could try changing his skills to try and get used to them, then change the speed and fight him faster :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Buu is simply a -better character- than the other characters. Seriously. There's no balancing factor to him; he has the best HP, conceivably one of the fastest transformations if a good player is on him, the highest speed (except for mystic krillin...who takes FOREVER to trans), highest starting PL, and to top that all off a great beam attack and uber regenerative abilities (regen and candy.)

But I guess that's how he should be... I mean he's Buu after all.

Ok so...

1.) Getting thrown into the ground sucks but the only way to prevent it really, is to not get hit. Or make him use up lots of ki.

2.) Facing him in turbo mode doesn't stop prepunches... neither does blocking, although it reduces dmg/advanced melee time. Be more alert and just don't let him hit you.

I listed the advantages but despite them... if you're better, you'll win. Simple.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Candy beam has been nerfed so don't expect to get a candy out of every other opponent like you used to be able to. His starting PL was nerfed so he isn't quite as imbalanced. Transformation is his greatest weakness atm. That and lack of variety in attacks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xeno-Soft said:
and always throws me to the ground, so I can't jump off as I could off a wall
You can, but there's a difference:
With walls, you can just press jump as soon as you hit the wall.
When being smacked into the ground, you have to hold jump BEFORE you actually hit the ground. If you do that, your char will land on hands an knees, so you can jump away using jump or the direction keys. :)

Best answers
I own buu :), just play with tacs :), when he comes swooping, teleport and get him. Peace of cake.

Yesterday i played 100-2 with buu in a 8 man server :) cool. (i used all the moves, melee, eating, moutblast etc).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, it's certainly possible. I mean he can restore his HP by hiding in a corner, or just by beating somebody up a little and eating the. Combine that with beamspam giving you a free four kills or something on some poor folks trying to melee, as well as your beastly HP to survive any random beams that might sneak up behind you... yeah. Not that hard, especially if you don't have much competition.

Best answers
Buu may lack some variety in his attacks, but that doesn't really balance it out - mouthbeam is one of the best beams, and melee + kiball/gen balls are the bread and butter of ESF anyway. And a high HP, high stats and high PL makes his melee/small ki attacks more powerful than most.

Maybe he should have a little bit of an increased recovery time and be knocked back further by melee/throws. The guy is made of rubber-type stuff after all, it's probably much easier to send him flying than anyone else. Also, it reflects the fact that he's not much of a fighter - the guy's either a big baby or a nutcase, not a soldier. He's not used to serious fighting. (The only reason he survived as long as he did in the show was because of his absurd regeneration powers.)

It would make players be more cautious when using him. He would still have all these advantages, but with this, when you mess up, you pay a bit more for it.

Best answers
actually the high starting pl of buu is an advantage for himself AND others.
people who fight him gain power level much faster because of it.
I believe buu is a well balanced character.

Retired
Best answers
You have to remember that the game is incomplete. once all of the transforms are in things will be a little more balanced. although for the most part i feel things are pretty balanced as it is. But for an example, and these numbers are not 100% correct, i think at 3 mill base pl goku can go ssj2 meaning his pl will jump to 9 mil while buu would be at like 6 mill when he transforms at 3 mill required pl. basicly we made buu be the easy starter then become more chalenging as u go. goku is the base charecter an avg starter and finisher. so really just wait and see how things come out. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, zero, so what does that make Krillin? The difficult beginner, crappity-ass ender? I see NO advantage to him at the moment, s I thought I read somewhere that no further transformations were meant for him. . . which would be creppy.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
ViRaX said:

pardon me?
I also got a pretty good score with Buu.

269-53, I have the pics in my link.(I for once, only meleed, didn't use cookie and also my ping was pretty bad :p)

Buu is just so strong in the beginning, but he is certainly not unbeatable.

Just use those special combos to do him some real damage =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was even more crazy when Buu started with 1.5 million. He was so hard to fight against with the PL advantage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Virax is somewhat legit. I know because he smoked me that game before I left while testing something. He likes to slut the throw...also, he likes to candy you while on the wall.

Barring all that, Buu obviously is a tad unbalanced, but like they said, he's supposed to be--he's BUU, he's likely the most powerful being in the universe. He should be hard to kill. But at least in the show he had weaknesses, in his strategies. :0\

It's not so bad. I don't mind Buus, just Buu-throw-candy spam.

I noticed people blocking my prepunches, and I actually think it might make it so you can't throw someone. Can anyone confirm that suspicion?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if ur sitting there on the wall or ground and not moving then u deserve to get killed cause u couldnt be bothered to move

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If his PL is quadruple mine and I burn all my ki trying to slow his throw, I don't have enough left to jump off the wall instantly, especially if it's right next to us.

Not all of us have been playtesting the game for the last two months. >:0\

The fact remains--not that I'm *****ing, but it IS a fact, as I proved it the other night by changing chars to Buu and more than quadrupling my score--his PL and other advantages make him a little bit tougher to deal with at spawn levels.

Of course...the balance, albeit unintentionally, is that you get more PL for killing him...I'm surprised people don't mob on Buus the way most mob on the first couple of SSJs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom