Help!Error on connecting to a server

Best answers
Please..I have just installed my ESF mod and I already got the fmod.dll, but there is a problem that keeps happening:
When I try to connect, an error appears:
You cannot connect to a server until you install the custom game

The thing is..I already installed it and i also activated it...But even when I activate it, the install button is there for me to click...and when I click it asks me if I want to re-install it and if I click OK...It tries do dowload something that has 0kb...and asks me to uncrompress it...I click OK and nothing different happens!..

PLEASSEEE!!!!! I WANNAAA PLAYYYY!!! SNIf SNIF!!!

NaKuTo

Best answers
Well, my mod version is Alpha 2.0, and I think the version of esforces.com and other services is the beta one...am I right?..may this problem be caused by this fact?

NaKuTo

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Install the beta and make sure halflife is updated. After that make sure it isn't just a bad download.

Best answers
if ur problem still persists try changing the following in ur console:

rate
cl_updaterate
cl_cmdrate

these may be too high. it depends on ur conection. if u have adsl u can simply ignore them or increase them to lower lag. if however ur like me and have 56k, take my advice and dont bother playing online!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first: NaKuTo, don't post double!
second: Mystic_saiyan, don't spam ... your post was only spamming because it was pointless ... same for Gackt
third:
Do what Sonic said. download the Beta 1 of ESF, install it, try it and report again if it worked. Because everyone will post here (like me ;)) if you haven't said that your problem has been fixed
thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom