Help Beta 1.2 Crashes

Vuk

Best answers
I need help.whenever i try to start the game it crashes.Just about the console goes up it crashes.I use WON.

Best answers
well the esf team really designed the game around steam not WON, i suggest you just switch and that way they can probably give you better support

Vuk

Best answers
Well i think the problem is the instalation,because it shows me that message : C:Sierra/Half-Life/esf/autoexec.cfg " could not be opened. HEEEELP!!!

Best answers
wellf irst off since your new to the forums allow me to just remind ya of the rule of no double posting, it could get ya a warning just giving you a heads up and 2 go to www.steampowered.com , and if it was an install problem try downloading it from a different location online maybe the site u got it from had a little bit of a corruption on the file or something...

Vuk

Best answers
On my friends computer it worked
and he doesnt use steam

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if it's just that file i can send it to you just give me your E-mail cause it's only 1Kb or if you have MSN

Best answers
First off, check to see if the file is actually present. If it is, make sure you remove it.

Then create a new file with notepad. Put the following lines in it:

r_mmx "1"
r_dynamic "0"
sv_cheats "0"
sv_lan "0"

Then save the file as autoexec.cfg. Make sure you do not save it as autoexec.cfg.txt. To prevent this from happening, select "All Files" from the save as type dropdown menu in the save as screen.

Do you now get the same error?

Vuk

Best answers
Now it says when i put thepath name "C:/Sierra/Half-Life/hl.exe that the file already exists . Is that the good path . P.S. I dont want to Use steam. I have won

Best answers
What file already exists, the exe, or autoexec.cfg?

Best answers
What I think you're accidentally doing is trying to replace the main half-life exe with your new autoexec.cfg file.

You should save the file as "C:\Sierra\Half-Life\esf\autoexec.cfg" , NOT, "C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe".

After the file is saved, try running esf again. If you get the same error as you started with, try deleting autoexec.cfg, only this time do not remake it.

Vuk

Best answers
When i install 1.2 to C:/Sierra/Half-Life,,,,,then the game crashes.When i install it to C:/Sierra/Half-Life/esf....its like it doesnt even exist.Know anything about that?

Best answers
Installing to /esf makes the mod appear in /esf/esf where the game can't find it.

When installing to C:\Sierra\Half-Life does that make all of half-life not work or just esf? Can you load regular half-life properly?

Vuk

Best answers
Half -Life works properly but ESF beta 1.2 doesnt......It just crashes giving me a error message about HL launcher.Thats all.I installed it in C:/Sierra/Half-Life.My friend installed it in that directory too and it works fine on his computer.Why god, why me?

Best answers
Try starting Half-Life and going to custom game. Then select ESF.

Best answers
That sounds just like the error I get when I try to run CS 1.6 with WON. Everything is screaming at me that it's incompatible, but I know that's impossible because your friend ran it fine and I can run it fine.

Did you select WON during the installation process, or did you leave it on steam? If you selected WON, then the directory should have defaulted to C:\Sierra\Half-Life. If you selected steam then it should have defaulted to C:\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\[email protected]\Half-life\esf.

What was the default directory?

Vuk

Best answers
The default directory was C:/Sierra/Half-Life/hl.exe. I know that for sure .SO when i click next that could not load autoexec.cfg show up.And i think that my WON files are in Half life directory.I think i dont have a WON folder.And he didnt ask me if i wanna use WON or STEAM.And this WOn/Steam thing is giving me a headache.

Best answers
Hmmm....

Right-click on the ESF folder in the half-life folder and select properties. What is the file size of the folder? Mine reads 258 MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom