Has anybody watched D.Gray-man? (Brim Read!)

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just wondering if this series is worth getting into or not. I've seen the first episode which wasn't too bad but its an on going anime and their already at 66 so I was just wondering if anybody watches this or has watched it and gave up on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of the time when I watch a new anime, this is what I do.

1.If the first episode sucks, I'll stop watching it.

2.If I like the anime, I'll keep watching it.

#1 happened to be the case with this anime.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First episode seemed ok but right now its at 66 episodes and still going. I was hesitant to watch Naruto when I first heard about it but people bugged me into watching it at around the 40th eps and I kept up with it since.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should try checking out Claymore if you haven't already.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finished that last week it was good and hope they make a season 2.

Currently I'm watching Gundam 00, Naruto Shippuuden, Persona: Trinity Souls, Shakugan no Shana season 1 still need to finish this before moving to season 2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried Samurai Champloo, or The Avatar?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw Champloo on razor network dubbed but never bothered to keep up with it and avatar looks too much of a kids show from what I've seen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the Avatar might not be for you, but I would suggest that you watch Samurai Champloo in Japanese with subtitles, the English version is inferior to it. I didn't hear you mention Bleach either, that is one great anime, and it doesn't drag as much as Naruto does.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't find bleach very interesting. I've heard from people who have been reading the manga that they end up fighting the same enemy for like 6 months in the manga and that there is a lot of fillers in bleach which is suppose to be worse then naruto's fillers from what I was told.

Not ready to jump on a series that has over 100+ episodes which is why I was curious to see if D.Gray-man stayed good throughout its course or if it started to drag on.

Best answers
Kinda in the same place as you Phob, saw the first ep, and actually got the next 60 eps but I havent actually watched them, not sure if I'm going to, someone else reply to this thread about it, give us opinions people

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there are a couple of filler arcs in there. But all in all the story is folowing the manga quite fluently.

I was watching it since they were at ep 20. I wont lie the filler eps tend to be a bit boring but the the paste picks up big time after they resume the storyline. And there isnt all that much filler eps.

Its an interesting anime but it does have that DBZ style aquiring of power.

So far the demons have 3 levels and the inocense has 2.

A bit of a spliler so read at your own risk:
Right now Alen lost his arm and is trying to regain it while the others got their asses kicked by level 3 demon

Oh well id say its worth watching if you like to have animes more action oriented but if you want to see blood then this is not for you. Im afraid the blood factor is relatively nonexistant.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds good grega I'm going to keep with it then, on episode 3 and so far the 2nd fight was pretty interesting.

Thanks for the opinion!

Also I've watched other anime's that weren't all about blood and guts, Erementar Gerad comes to mind and Desert Punk and probably a few I forgot lol.

Best answers
any way we could get the ep numbers of the fillers so we dont have to sit through them? Much Appreciated

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim I'm up to episode 49 its a really good series. It has its funny moments and its more serious moments. The fillers are not that bad you see one every like 10 episodes and I actually enjoyed the filler which is strange of me to say cause I hate filler episodes lol.

After eps 35 everything gets a huge serious tone and the story becomes more darker and a lot better.

So if you haven't started watching it Brim do so!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just watched the first two episodes, my opinion is that it is slightly boring.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of the time when I watch a new anime, this is what I do.

1.If the first episode sucks, I'll stop watching it.

2.If I like the anime, I'll keep watching it.

#1 happened to be the case with this anime.
A lot of series have bad first episodes, but turn out great. That policy is a pity.

Best answers
Ok Phob, if you say so, I will continue to watch, but if I don't like it I'm sooo blaming you

Best answers
Hooked, a bit on the 'must get more power to defeat lvl blah blah enemy so i get angry and lvl up myself' so far but personally I find myself looking forward to the filler eps

I want a Komurin robot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom