Happy for a friend.

Best answers
I am pleased to say one of my friends just got out of a rehab for a suicide attempt. But thats not it.
My school went on break the 17th, and the week before he tried to kill him self with over dose and drinking. he went into rehab the next day. The day before Christmas his mom came and got him out of rehab, and he had a great christmas. thats not the special part it gets better for him. He then got a phone call from his sister telling him to come down the next night and to bring his guitar. He was like wtf?. So he did and when he got down there he found out a big song contracter wanted to hear him sing, and later that night got signed to a band, with an additional 500,000 signing bonus, he lives in a trailer with barley anything but now he'll have everything. So for a man who was about to kill himslef 3 weeks before, now wants to live his life to the fullest. I think its a great story and just wanted to share it with you guys i guess...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the other end of the spectrum: A friend of mine's friend killed himself yesterday. He hung himself with his telephone cord from his bunk bed.

Best answers
Wow thats harsh but i have no pity for the man suicide is the most cowarldy selfish act one can commit....if they thought for 1 second about ther family and friends and the impact it would have on them they would never have done it in the first place......ppl who kill themselves make me sick and i lose all respect for them

Best answers
no pity? people commit suicide because their life is unbearable, it may be the cowards way out but sometimes it's the only way out, some people were just not born to cope with the crap life throws at you...

in reply to OubliezJe

glad he's ok, that's great news for him..i hope he goes far =]

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
As for suicide being the "only way out" it's not. It's a way of giving up or conceding. People fail to realize that they have an entire life ahead of them that they are wasting.

Good to see he got signed, what record company was it for?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Satan said:
On the other end of the spectrum: A friend of mine's friend killed himself yesterday. He hung himself with his telephone cord from his bunk bed.
I am really sorry to hear that, if that is true... i'm sorry for your loss

Yeah i think suicide is some coward act... but some people can't help it, if they are mentally ill or something allike...

I am not saying mr satan's friend is a coward.. because i don't know what happened or in what state he was.

I just feel sorry for his family and friends,

@ OubliezJe

Glad to hear your friend feels allot better now, heh its strange how things can turn... :]

Best answers
Magus said:
As for suicide being the "only way out" it's not. It's a way of giving up or conceding. People fail to realize that they have an entire life ahead of them that they are wasting.

Good to see he got signed, what record company was it for?
I cant remember off the top of my head, but ill ask him again.

Best answers
fuseku said:
no pity? people commit suicide because their life is unbearable, it may be the cowards way out but sometimes it's the only way out, some people were just not born to cope with the crap life throws at you...

in reply to OubliezJe

glad he's ok, that's great news for him..i hope he goes far =]
Two words emotional weakness and their unberable life? go live in somalia or etheopia

Best answers
I am very pleased to hear that your buddy made it through this difficult time, may he go far in all of his endeavors...

In response to anyone out there who feels that suicide is a cowardice and selfish act I am sorry....yes it is however who do you expect someone to think of when they commit suicide...they need to live for themselves not others...and if they can't live for themselves and are constantly living there life to please others then what kind of a life is that....you are nothing more then an emotional slave to those around you...how can you expect someone...anyone to live life that way...

I am not condoning suicide in any way...but it is the persons choice to commit suicide...not anyone elses...how dare you judge him. He did what he felt he had to do to get out of his current situation, you have no right to judge him...in his eyes I am sure that he felt life for those around him would be better if he was not around...so in his own mind it very well may not have been a selfless act. What he thought is what was important, it doens't matter that his whole family no doubt now mourns his death, he did what he felt he had to do...to someone who commits suicide it can in there opinion be the least selfless act out there to sacrifice yourself for the benefit of those around you....

I know it sounds on the surface that i contradicted my self but if you look into it it is rather two different scenarios...don't try and argue me on this turning it into a flame war...How dare you judge him...you have no idea what was going through his mind.

"May he without sin cast the first stone..."
-John Chapter 8-

Best answers
Taurus 2112 said:
"May he without sin cast the first stone..."
-John Chapter 8-
Then maybe ill turn it into a religious flame war :p and to say how dare i judge him? I have lost a family member to suicide and i know that his reason for doing it revolved around something so trivial and foolish that it turns my stomach just to think of it....So i know that more often then not a person who has commited suicide usualy takes it as the FIRST choice not the last and as to living for yourself i agree but if you never care for those around you then i pity your sad miserable life. Oh and joking about turning into a religious flame war........ some reading for those of you who think the bible is an insult to intelegent ppl..... www.omgunwantedlinkofdoom.com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the hell was that neccesary for? The link I mean.

It's a shame he took that route, but I'm sure he had his reasons and indeed, who am I to judge him?

As for OubliezJe, this just shows things *can* work out, even if it's not the way you expect it to. Give him my best wishes.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is not the place to attack people who have commited/have thought of suicide.

tmisgod. Stfu before I shut you up. You have no real input into this thread so don't post anymore.

Mr. Satan. Get your own damn thread. This is OubliezJe's thread for his thread.

This thread is not to talk about how stupid you think suicide is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tmisgod said:
Wow thats harsh but i have no pity for the man suicide is the most cowarldy selfish act one can commit....if they thought for 1 second about ther family and friends and the impact it would have on them they would never have done it in the first place......ppl who kill themselves make me sick and i lose all respect for them

interesting point of view, but it really depends on the circumstances. if someone simply doesnt want to live anymore, thats up to them. committing suicide over some other reason that can be solved with hard work and perceverance is cowardly yes. but if someone just doesnt want to live anymore. thats up to them >_>

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some girl in my school jumped in front of a train and she obviously died. Why did she do that? Her boyfriend broke up with her. In my opinion, thats a stupid reason to kill yourself, but i also have to take into consideration her emotional distress. Like her, most people get caught up in the moment. For some, suicide is the coward's way out, but for others its the only way out. Sometimes life is so horrible, that a person may think that it will never get any better. To be honest, i cant blame them for that.

Im glad to hear your friend survived his suicide attempt and is now on the road to success. That just goes to show you that sometimes things turn out alright. Then again, most times it doesnt. Your friend is lucky.

Oh and about the "Why didnt he care about what the family would think?!" statement: What if that person's family was the reason for the person killing himself. As Taurus said, whats the point of living if you're not living for yourself but for others? My advice is to forget about everyone. Its ok to think of yourself before others sometimes. Dont stop yourself from doing something just because you think someone will laugh at you or some lame ass reason like that. You have one life, so live it.

Best answers
Ahh, Its not a production unit he was signed to it was a single dude, but He has signed alot of bands like linkin park, which i think is pretty cool cause there, on some charts, #1. Sorry i didn't find out the name again i had it, but i forgot it something forsey.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OubliezJe said:
I am pleased to say one of my friends just got out of a rehab for a suicide attempt. But thats not it.
My school went on break the 17th, and the week before he tried to kill him self with over dose and drinking. he went into rehab the next day. The day before Christmas his mom came and got him out of rehab, and he had a great christmas. thats not the special part it gets better for him. He then got a phone call from his sister telling him to come down the next night and to bring his guitar. He was like wtf?. So he did and when he got down there he found out a big song contracter wanted to hear him sing, and later that night got signed to a band, with an additional 500,000 signing bonus, he lives in a trailer with barley anything but now he'll have everything. So for a man who was about to kill himslef 3 weeks before, now wants to live his life to the fullest. I think its a great story and just wanted to share it with you guys i guess...
Well, it's always nice to hear about someone 'dodging the bullet' so to speak, even if your story sounds fishy and unbelievable, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

tmisgod said:
Just as a sidenote, I have to disagree with this. Not that I'm really "pro-suicide" or "pro-anything" so much as "pro-choice." I'll agree, people who kill themselves greatly affect those who knew them--loved ones, friends, but I also believe, as Taurus mentioned, it's personal choice. But you can't assume that the person who killed themselves is "a girl whose boyfriend broke up with her, and in a state of grief, threw herself in front of a train," as someone mentioned. That's stupid, rash, and just plain ignorant. Suicide is a permanent solution to all of your (possibly temporary) problems, so you have to really consider what's more selfish--you taking your life, hurting everyone around you, or those people around you expecting you to continue living in agony and unhappiness, just to prevent an unwanted change from happening in their lives.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UPDATE -- After further investigation, it turned out that the guy did infact NOT comit suicide. The way in which he died was impossible for suicide, it was an accident. Seems he was messing around with the phone wire like it was some necklace and tripped down the stairs or something, I can't seem to get the "full" explanation.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. What a cheap way to die

Good job for the guitar guy, whished all suicide attemtps ended like that.

But he still deserves a quick shot to the groin for wanting to kill himself and all the sudden gets all this stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you sure $500,000 ? Whats the band name....he's pretty lucky.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Satan said:
UPDATE -- After further investigation, it turned out that the guy did infact NOT comit suicide. The way in which he died was impossible for suicide, it was an accident. Seems he was messing around with the phone wire like it was some necklace and tripped down the stairs or something, I can't seem to get the "full" explanation.
**** thats funny. Right up there with dying from exposure from getting your tongue frozen to a lamp post. How do you manage that? Youd need to be hanging in the air to be strangled, so that must have been one insane trip down the stairs. Youd think the phone would pull out of the wall or something. Just not his day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom