Hand to Hand Combat

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No No No.Ahhhh.I hate that crap.You can hurt somebody stronger then you at a same life taking.I think that a person stronger then you should be hurt less when they are hit with a blast.Not that both of your attack produce the same hit damage;( ;( :cry: The person stronger should have some type of advantage.Not taht they can win in a powerstruggle:\

Best answers
Erm...the more powerful you are, the less dmg you take. That hasn't changed...A low player can only knock a SSJ so far, remember that pl takes affect; the higher you are over the other person, the less dmg you will take and the further less you will be knocked back. Not to talk about quicker recovery times. On the flip side, if a lower player ger's hit by a higher player, the more dmg and further back that person will be knocked back and it will take more time for the lower player to recover.

Best answers
okay thats better ;D i didn't want to grab an angry mob and riot rofl :fight:

Best answers
Really, if you think about it, the ESF melee system is like the BFP system, but the BFP system does all the steps for you.

For example, in ESF, you target, swoop, and hit.

In BFP, you target swoop, and hit, except it automatically swoops and hits.

:eek:

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Although in principle they may sound similar, i gotta tell ya, they are worlds apart in actual gameplay.

The ESF melee system ,even tho not in its final form [bit of a dbz jk ;D ] Actually makes you feel like you're in an episode of DBZ, I have already developed a melee strategy for one of my fave characters that uses melee, generic beams, and something else, all combined in a manner that feels true to DBZ

I'd like to hear someone tell me that BFP feels remotely like that and remain honest about it. ;)

Cheers :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes esf is actualy good compared to the "mele" in bfp (and yes i wouldnt even call it melee because that is not what it is so it only gets 2 e's)

Best answers
Some poeple want to get really into the Dbz fighting style where its more like 90% melee and 10% Beams and Esf is making its way there Very fast i hope by beta2-3 people will spend 3-5 mins in a fight from like combo melee attacks but that might not come to be becuz of the halflife engine Hl engine has its pro and cons i hope that might be a pro i dunno but we can hope

ultrassj_vegeta

U
who cares where he is from????

btw... melee sounds kool, is it actually hard to hit sum1 tho with this swoopy thing deal?

Best answers
just going -slightly- off topic from melee here but how good is the new collision detection
in the alpha it was absolutely crap

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cheeseman
Although in principle they may sound similar, i gotta tell ya, they are worlds apart in actual gameplay.

The ESF melee system ,even tho not in its final form [bit of a dbz jk ;D ] Actually makes you feel like you're in an episode of DBZ, I have already developed a melee strategy for one of my fave characters that uses melee, generic beams, and something else, all combined in a manner that feels true to DBZ

I'd like to hear someone tell me that BFP feels remotely like that and remain honest about it. ;)

Cheers :yes:
/me knows Chessey's melee tactics all to well. The melee is an excellent addition and im sure you lot will enjoy it :D

BrunO

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Is there going to be a block for hand to hand combat?

Best answers
will someone answer my question?
and supercharged crowbars? just check out rocket-crowbar a half-life mod

Best answers
RocketCrow bar is a Damn joke....its just a mod for kicks and unless im crazy the "mod" is dead it got a lil Old n Grey so no there you go a Big No

Best answers
They dont do the same as other mods. Sigh...when will you learn... its their homemade homegrown ESF style. Wont be like any other game because its one of a kind

Best answers
I think the Meele system of Stars Wars Jedi Outcast is great, wut I mean is the different directions u are running the different ways u swing ur light saber. Do u think that would be good for esf im not sure?

ultrassj_vegeta

U
exactly how wud u relate this to esf?...... they don't have swords

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom