Hand to Hand Combat

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hwoarang
from what ive seen the melee has a lock on system its based on. you aim your crosshair and lock on to the enemy. click the mouse button and start flying forward. either kicking or punching them to the ground or the other side of the map.
There is no Lock on System, just targeting, you need to fly your player at the target.

BrunO

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by BrunO
There is no Lock on System, just targeting, you need to fly your player at the target.

BrunO
isn't targeting the same thing as locking on? their must be a boost button or something cause how are you going to fly that fast (goku vs vegeta vid) to hit someone?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah same thing...

melee works like this

step 1 - target

step 2 - swooping at the dood

step 3 - hitting

step 4 - follow up with eather more melee or nuke him with a beam

and ur pl doesnt affect any part of melee unless ur the one attacking then u do more damage

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

strong/high pl = not flying as farther or barely moving

weak/low/noob pl = smacked around......literally
Too bad that this isnt in :\

Best answers
It's gonna be in for the beta, I believe.

Just another reason why ESF rocks me pants. :D

Best answers
isn't targeting the same thing as locking on?
Depends on what you mean. If you're implying that you "lock-on" somebody and automatically fly to them to beat them up, then that's wrong. You character will not magically fly to your opponent, you have to fly to them manually.

The lock-on simply lets you know that the person you've targeted has been targeted, which in turn will allow you to swoop. You can't swoop unless you've "locked on" to somebody. There is no auto-aim associated with this feature, so if you miss and fly out of range, you will lose your "lock" and won't be able swoop again until you've "locked" onto another opponent. This comes in handy 'cause the swoop can be used to get yourself out of a tight situation and it costs less ki to swoop than to Zansoken (teleport). :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the looks of the game now.the meele has greatly improved.How do you get better at something that is the best

Best answers
Thanks,

PCJOE's reply on page one was what I was looking for. thanks, Harsens sidekick ; ).

--Krillin

Best answers
looking at the hl engine and what they can probably do with melee, looking at the video the team made that showed off a little bit of melee action i would say that melee in this mod will be okay :S

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by NightSage
looking at the hl engine and what they can probably do with melee, looking at the video the team made that showed off a little bit of melee action i would say that melee in this mod will be okay :S
Its not the best melee, and it will be improved greatly after beta 1( due to time constrains ). Also, melee in ESF cant be compaired to other mods since our melee is quite different then any other HL mod you have played.
And no, its not like your flying with a supercharged crowbar :p

Best answers
lol at supercharged crowbar as in other mods :S

anyways imagine this...

Two fighters, Jim and -[ESF]- Goerge, Jim powers up (turbo) then locks on and attacks -[ESF]- Goerge, -[ESF]- Goerge teleports to the left and as Jim is tring to recover from his missed attack -[ESF]- Goerge locks onto Jim and attacks knocking him flying to the ground. Jim recovers before hitting the ground but hears the tell tale sound of the K-Wave and changes to SSJ (hes quite a high PL so this is instant) as his transformation is finished -[ESF]- Goerge has fired the K-Wave and Jim has no time to counter, and so blocks the attack, after a short struggle Jim thinks he has the upper hand but -[ESF]- Goerge transforms during his blast (hopefully you can do this) and burns Jim into a small black mark on the ground :D

Hehe that would be nice. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sounds exciting.I want to watch it lol.Seriouly i do want to play a game like that.:yes:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by AscendantSaiyan
lol at supercharged crowbar as in other mods :S

anyways imagine this...

Two fighters, Jim and -[ESF]- Goerge, Jim powers up (turbo) then locks on and attacks -[ESF]- Goerge, -[ESF]- Goerge teleports to the left and as Jim is tring to recover from his missed attack -[ESF]- Goerge locks onto Jim and attacks knocking him flying to the ground. Jim recovers before hitting the ground but hears the tell tale sound of the K-Wave and changes to SSJ (hes quite a high PL so this is instant) as his transformation is finished -[ESF]- Goerge has fired the K-Wave and Jim has no time to counter, and so blocks the attack, after a short struggle Jim thinks he has the upper hand but -[ESF]- Goerge transforms during his blast (hopefully you can do this) and burns Jim into a small black mark on the ground :D

Hehe that would be nice. :)
The melee part, i did that trick plenty of times :) With the kame, its not possible to charge a kame wave that fast. You can transform and detransform in powerstruggles though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats good they did it in the serious plenty of times.Esf is becoming more like dbz.And when i said that you die to fast i must have been crazy.I started playing again and the battle lenghts are great.

Best answers
nice its was a question in the form of a story and it got results. see put a little effort in get results out.... or i could have just asked could u transform in a PS but i really already knew the answer.

but i though when you knock someone to the ground when they where falling and recovering you have enough time to charge attacks such as the K-wave maybe not a full one but at least the minimum ammount.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think the charge time is good to be long.You never have time in alpha to shoot it behind them.I teleported behind this guy and was about to shoot him.But he just turned aroud and teleported out the way.It happened almost 10 times.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OHH, i thought you ment he accually heard the Kame wave its self, not goku preparing to fire one. Okay, i see what you mean :) Yeah, thats completly possible in the beta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does that mean that charge time is shorter.Or are you answering a different question.

Best answers
ah! pl doesnt affect the ammount of damage done? so a low player can knock a high ass SSJ around?? and the only punch is the one that sends people flying through walls and knocked out?

c'mon add more in. id rather wait for you guys to add more to meele, then get it next month with meele thats similar to dmz (im not flaming, just speculating ;D )

i still love the meele improvement though.. sucessfully meeleing in alpha was rare beacuse it was nearly impossible to continulessly hit the person... let alone hit him in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom