Hand helds - missed oppurtunity?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno if this idea already exists somewhere in the world, but it certainly doesn't exist here, but here goes.

There's a few games that I want to play on the PSP or DS. However, not enough for me to ever justify purchasing either platform. Chances are, I'm never going to get to play these titles, or at least till the platforms are a past generation and cost half as much. My idea was to have rentable handhelds and a game for a certain period of time. Thing is most games I play these days I play through once and forget about them, I don't feel like paying over £150 for a week of one or two games. I don't want the extra functions of a handheld since I will never take it anywhere with me, I just wanna play these games.

I dunno, just thinking.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
If you feel that way about it, wait years and then play the games. But then by the time they get dirt cheap, there will be bigger and better games out. I don't know it's your choice.

For example: If the iPod Magnum (fantasy, just for example), was released today and it costs $600.

I would wait about 4 or 5 years, and the price would be $150 instead, by then there would be iPod eXtreme for $1000, with bigger and better features.

Use patience instead in place of money.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what I am doing since I have no choice, but personally I think they could make a lot of money making hand helds rentable. I mean if you could rent them for 2 nights from blockbuster, that'd be great.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
They use to actually allow that back then, and I mean specifically back in the 90s where I was able to rent Nintendo 64s and Gameboys for a certain amount of time and money.

My guess to why they don't allow this now is because the hardware is more technologically advanced, and I guess it's easier for the user to somehow wreck the system.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what I am doing since I have no choice, but personally I think they could make a lot of money making hand helds rentable. I mean if you could rent them for 2 nights from blockbuster, that'd be great.
I can rent consoles from the Civic Video near me and maybe the Video Ezy but I don't think my Blockbuster does :p

Best answers
That idea is available here in nz
I can go to a local video shop, say video ezy and im able to rent a handheld platform/games, also other platforms say the ps3 or 360, xbox etc

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There's nothing like that around here. Here in merry olde England we have "game" and "gamestation" as our only chain stores, and they don't rent anything at all, forbidden planet is also another option but they don't have rentals either. FFS, damn this craptacular country :(

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Move to Australia

It's much better then NZ and Eng combined! :p

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Do they allow you to rent games anywhere, like how you would rent movies?

If you don't have a renting store, buy a used game, play it as you like, and then trade it in for a different used game (you'll still have to pay money, just not quite as much).

But depending how fast you go through games, that can get expensive. That sucks if you don't have a place where you can rent video games.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't rent consoles or handhelds in America, at least not where I live. You can't even rent Guitar Hero here.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't rent consoles or handhelds in America, at least not where I live. You can't even rent Guitar Hero here.
That sucks. There are a bunch of places where I can rent consoles, games and hand helds around here. They take down quite a bit of your information to avoid theft, though.

I had to give them blood to borrow an xbox (Microsoft needs to make Path of Neo backwards compatible already).

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats the name of the store that lets you rent consoles?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Zack's Mortuary aka Ultra Video. It's a mom and pop store as far as I know.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of places here in the states used to rent consoles. I think a lot of them, Blokcbuster Video for example, stopped because the overhead was too much. Things would come back wrecked and it was too expensive/too much of a hassle to keep up with it.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Do they allow you to rent games anywhere, like how you would rent movies?
You can rent games from blockbuster, but not consoles. There have been some promotional offers in Game in the past where you could buy pre owned PS2/Xbox games and if you're not happy or you clock the game within 2 days you can trade it in for another pre owned game without any cost, which was pretty nifty.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can rent Guitar Hero but not with the controller.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can rent guitar hero with controller near me

You can also rent a Wii Remote :)

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Save files and storage capacity are a problem.

How would you rent out pokemon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom