Which one?

• Halo

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Metroid

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So i know lots of people here Like Halo and Metroid series, well personally i like the Halo series more than Metroid ones..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never play Metroid before the GC. Halo, which was released a year before, was much better.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Metroid was first, Metroid is better.

Super Metroid > anything the Halo series can come up with.

...imho. I prefer the storyline in the Metroid series, as well, I find the games to be a bit more challenging than those of the Halo series (I do own Halo 2, and I did, at one point, have a copy of the original, as well) in that there's more to do than simply go from point A to point B, shooting everything in between. Again, that's my take. Halo never struck me as anything more than your quintessential FPS. Then again, these games (depending on which titles you're talking about) are pretty different. It's hard to draw parallels between the classic Metroid titles and Halo, and it's not really a perfect match to treat MP as an FPS that's designed along the same lines as Halo. However, I digress. A poll is a poll, heh.

EDIT - Oh, right. Moved to the VG section.

Xenon

X
Halo. Metroid has NEVER appealed to me. But then again, neither has Halo. So I just voted Halo because it looks like it would be less boring than Metroid.

On a side note, I've played Halo before, but only once on the Xbox. If they'd ****ing release it on PC already, I might play it. But I'll NEVER buy a console just for that single exclusive game that looks fun at the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Metroid.

Better story, more interesting characters. There's puzzles that actually require you to think, the music is wonderful, the atmosphere, and so on.

I think you can't really compare the two and ask which is better, because they're both different. Metroid games started out in 2D, while Halo was always 3D. Metroid games are classified as action-adventure-platformers, with Metroid Prime and its successors being more of the FPS variety but still retaining its adventuring aspects, while Halo is merely a pure FPS.

Halo is fun, yes, but Metroid games have more depth and variety to them. And yes, I have actually played Halo a good deal, before you ask.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halo. Metroid has NEVER appealed to me. But then again, neither has Halo. So I just voted Halo because it looks like it would be less boring than Metroid.

On a side note, I've played Halo before, but only once on the Xbox. If they'd ****ing release it on PC already, I might play it. But I'll NEVER buy a console just for that single exclusive game that looks fun at the time.
actually halo 1 is on pc and 2 is on the way :)

i'm going to buy xbox 360 just for 2 games: halo3 and gears of war, and i said i'm going to buy wii but nah :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Better story, more interesting characters
characters?,.. i cant count more than 3 recurring characters in metroid, samus, ridley,.... and ya know what? im gonna stop there, i cant come up with a 3rd XD

eh, now m a big metroid fan myself, but as far as first person shooters go halo has it beat in every aspect, the old school 2d games were nice though.

Best answers
I had to say halo because i have never played any 3d version of metroid. In fact i dont even know a single person who owns a Gamecube. And of couse halo is fun at Multiplayer.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I've played around with both FPSs and my vote falls on Metroid for at least being interesting. I appreciate the interest Halo holds, its a good shooter. You're driven towards action packed shoot-outs at all times. Its fun.

It's just that after four hours of the same two minutes of gameplay, it starts to pall a little.

I liked Metroid probably for the same reason that lots of gamers disliked it. It was dense, detailed, and intelligent. Every enemy has a reason, a part in the world your exploring, a way of making themselves unique. The Metroid world breathed. And, as you moved backwards and forwards across it, you gained a pretty deep understanding of how much work was put into it.

It wasn't just blasting 'Short Alien' and 'Tall Alien' all the time.

Best answers
I'll break the tie in favor of Metroid for now.

I don't know, I'm just more of an old school gamer (been gaming since I was 3, and I'm 19) so I'm more inclined to pick it. Call it biased or what have you.

That and I liked playing Metroid more than Halo.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The old-school Metroid games are better than HALO. But the HALO games are much better than Metroid Prime/Prime II.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
samus aran has boobs... which are nice.

metroid > halo

Best answers
as much as i love retro games.... i never really liked the metroid games.......
Halo ftw!:yes:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halo is the dogs bollocks of split-screen fps imo (multiplayer ftw). Didnt care too much for halo 2 though, was terribly unbalanced and what they did to the grenades was bull****, i used to be able to throw a grenade from anywhere on any map to anywhere i want and get it to go there with 95% accuracy in halo 1, halo 2 u throw like a small child, ur ment to be a 1 ton cyborg for gods sake.

I've only seen a bit of metroid on the GC... its okay... just... not the same rate of full in your face action and tactics. I havent played it as much as halo though (used to play halo every day with my mates... i didnt even have an xbox >_>)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as i expected, lots of people turn back to retro metroid(s) :)
I agree with davidskiwan, 1 was way more better than(especially the single player, it had so much better storyline than 2) but meh, halo2 multiplayer just pwns..

Retired
Best answers
I own both sets of games and in my opinion Metroid came out on top. Just the level of quality on some of the levels plus the puzzles and what not make it more of a game then Halo 1 or 2 which i found was alot of go here and kill this then go here and watch a movie...

i vote Metroid hands down

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
characters?,.. i cant count more than 3 recurring characters in metroid, samus, ridley,.... and ya know what? im gonna stop there, i cant come up with a 3rd XD

eh, now m a big metroid fan myself, but as far as first person shooters go halo has it beat in every aspect, the old school 2d games were nice though.
mother brain?...

i like the old school ones for super nintendo as far as metroid goes. but screw the gamecube. halo is ok.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Metroid = one of the best games ever made.

Beyond that, it's just another mediocre shooter.

If you're asking which is the better mediocre console shooter, I would have to say Halo, just because it created the entire genre of overrated mediocrity, but clearly, since there were more than 3 textures in Metroid, it was superior.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

And the Space Pirates. And the Federation soldiers.

In the Prime games, most of the story is revealed as you scan logs and such from Space Pirates. It's funny and very immersive - it reveals how the Space Pirates are really trying their best to fight you, but cannot. It offers a deeper look into the Space Pirates' objectives and such.

It's funny to read something like "The Hunter uses a special morphing technology which turns her into a ball-like shape. She has used this technology to infiltrate our structures on multiple occasions. Command has issued orders to copy this technology, but recent experiments have been fruitless: subjects crushed to death or maimed beyond recognition during the morphing process. More tests will continue despite Science Team's doubts."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom