Half life movie?

Best answers
I am just wondering if someone know if there will be any half life movie.It would be great movie.The game itself it's one big movie with great story.
I saw this on youtube:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9zlEXCD0adE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9zlEXCD0adE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uH24GjwPC44&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uH24GjwPC44&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the fisrt is fake and the second can be more real , but i cant belive this video.

Best answers
VALVe has already stated that they've had multiple people step up to them with an idea/script for a HL movie, but they haven't seen one worth the time, money and effort.

Then again, we're talking about a company that -demands- more than a million dollar to port games to Mac etc..

Read:
bad script = no movie
bad script + an offering of gold = a movie
good script = no movie

Best answers
Come on a movie about a scientist running around with a crowbar, just doesnt work as a movie.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Of course, a movie about one man thrown into a terrifying situation full of unknown threats and spectacular weapons would work.. :p

The only science Gordon Freeman practiced was that of flipping switches and blowing aliens up. Half-Life would work just as well as any other Alien-Adventure movie; it wouldn't change our lives, but it could be a fun hour and a half.

Best answers
I really think that it can be really good zombie movies with 4 parts from Half life,Half life 2 and the episodes.
But anyway it will be classical zombie movie like all other.The thing is it will be from "big" game so people will like to watch it.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has anyone ever taken into account that Gordon never says anything?

There could never be a working script because of this. I believe it would go something like this.

Scientist: Hello Gordon, how are you today?
Gordon:...
Scientist: Well that's nice.

Even if they made something up, it wouldn't be the same Half-Life we all know and love. It certainly would not be the same Gordon Freeman we all know and love.

Best answers
Yea i asked that myself while playing HF 2 lol.I was waiting for him to say something but i never heard anything.
Anyway it can be added something plus +.It mustn't be everything from the game.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VALVe has already stated that they've had multiple people step up to them with an idea/script for a HL movie, but they haven't seen one worth the time, money and effort.

Then again, we're talking about a company that -demands- more than a million dollar to port games to Mac etc..

Read:
bad script = no movie
bad script + an offering of gold = a movie
good script = no movie
Everything of all that + Uwe Boll....

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Has anyone ever taken into account that Gordon never says anything?

There could never be a working script because of this. I believe it would go something like this.

Scientist: Hello Gordon, how are you today?
Gordon:...
Scientist: Well that's nice.

Even if they made something up, it wouldn't be the same Half-Life we all know and love. It certainly would not be the same Gordon Freeman we all know and love.
Actually Barney that kind of Gordon like in the game, gives the Gordon actor a serious and deep character to develop, which can show us some inner characteristics of Gordon because we actually gonna see a living person, not digital.

Although I thought of making all of the movie in Gordon's eyes, could be interesting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd be like Cloverfield meets Doom. And I have to say no to that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think halflife would make a great movie. after all, theres more too the story than just the aliens and ****.

the games will have to be completed before a movie can be made. hell we dont even know who the hell the G-man is.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think halflife would make a great movie. after all, theres more too the story than just the aliens and ****.

the games will have to be completed before a movie can be made. hell we dont even know who the hell the G-man is.
The clues are there, Dark. You just need to look for them.

Spoilers above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom