Half Life 2

Discord Member
Best answers
i have a question,soon hl2 comes out *happy*
so will you change from half life to half life 2?
this would be great.

Best answers
ALREADY there are about 2875648237692 treads asking this question and all of them are awsered with:

NO!!!!

they have to re-code the whole thing and it tuk them a freakin' year to get 1.0, so no there not gonna get into HL2.

Discord Member
Best answers
oh really so many??:shocked:
thats too bad.hl2 has so good graphics and they would have more possibilities to make it more like dbz.

Best answers
Ofcourse it would. But that would be like making a whole new mod. They have to learn all the ins and outs of "Source" and that takes to freakin' long. I don't blame them tho, It's like stepping into a new world with a perfectly good one behind you. clue is WHY should you? that's right you should't.

Discord Member
Best answers
ok,but perhaps when the final version of esf is out,they will make for example a dragonball gt mod for hl2,who knows?

Best answers
God no. HL2 will pwn HL, DBZ pwns DBGT. I'd really like to see ESF on HL2, I dont care how much u guys flame me for thinking that. It'd allow some awesome models and effects :D

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ2GoGeTa
ALREADY there are about 2875648237692 treads asking this question and all of them are awsered with:

NO!!!!

they have to re-code the whole thing and it tuk them a freakin' year to get 1.0, so no there not gonna get into HL2.
It took them a year cause they had nothing to start with but they already have the back bone to the mod and the know how. I think they should convert to hl2 if it prooves to be a usefull engine. Why keep a dying engine alive?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We cannot change to HL2 on the fly. It will take a year or two to convert . . . not add other SSJ levels, not fix melee, just convert. HL2 uses a different modelling scheme, and any fool who thinks converting to a HL2 mod from HL1 is easy because of similar code, is plainly wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Esf will not be on hl2... even if it will, alot of the team wont be, for a start harsens and I think (not sure) joe too

Best answers
I wasnt saying it was easy i was just saying you have a start not a total start over.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is a total start over . . . even the maps and ideas need to be re-thought.

Switching to HL2 will not happen, so you can stop worrying about it anyway.

Best answers
I heard there's gonna be an application in the SDK that allows the transportion of HL mods to HL2. So i'm guessing if you ran the existing code through there it would translate it to HL2's counterpart code. Same going for models, and maps. I dont know if this is official, but i've heard it from respectable sources, and it seems likely to me. It'd be like playing ESF, just with better graphics.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Um.... Hostile that really dosent make any sense.
"Ok we put our stuff into this application and it all comes out BETTER \o/"
It just dosent work like that. Even if their is going to be such an application, it wouldnt make the graphics better. It really would just change the physics system. There is no application that just makes the graphics better out of nowhere. Well not that much better anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have heard WRONG

What Valve said is with the new SNK you can get OLD things like maps and models, put them into the new editers, and add polys, and add details and stuff, if anyone has seen hammer 2 (its on planet hl) you will know when editing hl2 maps the gfx are lowed so much it looks like hl1, so that only makes sence you can import hl1 maps into it as a "base" to build your hl2 maps

DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!! :(

Best answers
*drool* have any of you seen the hl2 movie(600+ meg one)? its hard to believe that that thing can run on low end systems....o god i want hl2 NOW!!!!! *imagines all the tanks he can have if he ever makes a mod* O GOD DAMN IT.....

Discord Member
Best answers
i have seen the video,it looks really cool.i want it too,now,immediatly.^^
do you not planning in the future to make a hl2 mod like esf?

Best answers
Originally posted by b4k4^2
What Valve said is with the new SNK you can get OLD things
Heh, you said SNK! Kyo, Ryo, and Yuri, ATTACK!

Anyways, the only mods for HL 2 that are based off an anime is on moddb.com, as you can see, there are not that many mods converting to HL 2. They just don't wanna blow the time.

Best answers
that's too bad baka :(

SM: Makes sense to me! You're just switching engine. Instead of having blocky sprites, sweet sprites. Instead of crappy water, awesome water. Same old crap, just upgraded to look nice. But if baka's right then it doesn't matter :S

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if u guys never try to make ESF on HL2, u could get problems, cuz ppl wont like ESF anymore because its on a too old engine and the graphics are stupid (much ppl are already complaining) so when HL2 comes out and u stay for ever on HL u wont get THAT much ppl that play ESF :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom