Half Life 2 Dialogue Leakz0red!

Best answers
Well... they leaked everything else. So why the hell not.

Best answers
ooooooh my god..

Smith, do you still thing Doom 3 is better then HL2? OMFG that movie was awesome.. Dear jesus christ i need to change my pants..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They should've figured people would pry open the .gcf files...
I mean, seriously, atleast 1/3 of the HL community slightly edits the engine, or makes entire mods of it.

Best answers
Gonadz said:
ooooooh my god..

Smith, do you still thing Doom 3 is better then HL2? OMFG that movie was awesome.. Dear jesus christ i need to change my pants..
I for one don't believe their comparable, D3 is big on graphics, HL2 is big on physics and storyline. HL2 would be nothing without it's mods. Just as D3 would be nothing if big games like Medal of Honor and JK series aren't continued on it (since they were on the Q3 engine).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's another Rob Rocker Fun Fact for you, Tass: Don't waste time trying to talk to Gonadz on this subject. He's medically incapable of providing a point of view without brazen unnecessary flame.

Now...as for Mr. Newell and the Half-Life people.

You'd think they'd get a decent firewall lol

I'm waiting for a thread called, "Half-Life 2 box art leaked! Game delayed till 4th quarter 2045."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonadz said:
ooooooh my god..

Yes I do, why shouldn't I? It's all a matter of preference.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Yes I do, why shouldn't I? It's all a matter of preference.

Yes it is
and after finishing doom 3 last night
I have to say it's a kick-ass game!

But Half-life 2 still takes the gold imo
then again I can't really say that before I acually played the game!

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Here's another Rob Rocker Fun Fact for you, Tass: Don't waste time trying to talk to Gonadz on this subject. He's medically incapable of providing a point of view without brazen unnecessary flame.
and posts like these ain't helping
if you have a problem with the attitude of with a certain person on the moderating team, then contact someone who out-ranks him and have him take a look
DO NOT make posts like that... this will only get you warnings and I don't think you want that!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve is irresponsible at best. I'm not surprised at all that they'd blunder again, and I wouldn't be surprised if they took this as an excuse to delay the game again so they can rewrite the ending or whatever. They look absolutely idiotic.

Best answers
Indeed. Even though their making a game that will change a lot of things in terms of FPSs, they act like an amatuer company, or a mod that can't stop the team members from leaking everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even think it's going to change a lot in terms of the FPS itself. If I had to guess, the Source engine will be outsourced a lot more than the other engines on the market and that and the mods will keep them in business like they always have. It doesn't seem to have anything revolutionary or clever so much as it is the logical "next step" in rendering engines and such.

It makes them look really bad in my eyes. I've seen alphas at big electronics expos getting leaked...betas getting leaked...but they lost the UNCOMPILED CODE (must've been a huge download...didn't they notice the server load?!)...models and maps...and now the audio for dialog. Like I said, it's only a matter of time before they show a leaked manual or box art. heheh.That's pretty much the only things about the game that are secret now anyway.

Well...besides the release date and the play length, anyway.

I mean, if you think about it, they ARE an amateur company. This is only their second full game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Like I said, it's only a matter of time before they show a leaked manual or box art. heheh.That's pretty much the only things about the game that are secret now anyway.
HL2 box images are already out there.
http://www.hl2world.com/article229.html
There's supposed to be one other, with Alyx Vance on the cover.

Looks like we've got just about the whole shebang now, eh?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just gonna be my conspiracy theorizing self and say that I think that is all a publicity stunt to keep full interest in the game's release.

Maybe the source leak was too?

Who knows...

Best answers
Skarekrow said:
yeah wasnt cs source leaked? a couple of my friends have it
nope it was released to people that have the HL2 coupoue (the on e that came with the ATi radeon XT800), CS:CZ or cafe users

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
I'm just gonna be my conspiracy theorizing self and say that I think that is all a publicity stunt to keep full interest in the game's release.

Maybe the source leak was too?

Who knows...
Thats my theory. I figure there "letting it out" on purpose to keep up the "hype" over the game, because its taking them alot longer than they thought to get it finished.

In my opinion any company that wanted to keep their information secret could have. Why don't you see this kind of crap happening to other companies or games? Why, because Valve is letting it out! o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think so too. I mean...after the first leak, they would've HAD to beef up security.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, I could care less about the leaks, as long as the game eventually makes it into my hands I'm fine. I'm pretty patient, I'd rather wait for the full game then play a leaked beta or read into the dialogue. That video looked really good too, so I'll be buying it. As to whether it's better than doom or not, it's all preference and I'd have to play HL2 before I could say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom