Half Life 2 Demo

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hi. I want to ask if I download Half-Life 2 Demo through steam, will I be able to play any mods for Half Life 2? Like DBSource?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No lol...you can't play Source mods with the HL2 Demo, and...this isn't the DB: Source forums...and that mod is dead.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No lol...you can't play Source mods with the HL2 Demo, and...this isn't the DB: Source forums...and that mod is dead.
Wow... you sure act like you're superior to everyone. Chill. You could have at least give him the reasons and act nicer.
Anyway EvolutionX sadly i don't think mods would work with half life 2 demo. Probably because the demo is not a full game and a lot of mods use files from the full game which aren't included in the demo and i've also heard somewhere that mods need SDK to work(although that doesn't really make sense to me but that's what i've heard)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
TNX MrPlow, i want to ask about the demo to know why valve has released that demo... thanks you anyway :D :D

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow... you sure act like you're superior to everyone. Chill. You could have at least give him the reasons and act nicer.
Anyway EvolutionX sadly i don't think mods would work with half life 2 demo. Probably because the demo is not a full game and a lot of mods use files from the full game which aren't included in the demo and i've also heard somewhere that mods need SDK to work(although that doesn't really make sense to me but that's what i've heard)
You realize by your post, you're acting superior, for absolutely no reason? I suppose Tenzo is a dick because he didn't give him reasons. Also, how wasn't I nice? I explained that no, he could not, and that this wasn't the DB:S forums. Nothing offensive about it. =/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To my knowledge, people interpret "..." in any message as basically a silent facepalm, depending on the context it's used in. I got the impression you were irritated as well.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TNX MrPlow, i want to ask about the demo to know why valve has released that demo... thanks you anyway :D :D
They released it as a taster for Half-Life 2, to let people try it and see if they want to buy it. HL2's not too much over Steam, however I understand if you don't have access to a usable credit card.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You realize by your post, you're acting superior, for absolutely no reason? I suppose Tenzo is a dick because he didn't give him reasons. Also, how wasn't I nice? I explained that no, he could not, and that this wasn't the DB:S forums. Nothing offensive about it. =/
Tenzo simply said no while you "lol'd" at him and also the way the whole sentence is structured it seems like you were annoyed by his question and just wanted to brush him off. It wasn't my intention to act superior in any way whatsoever and if you got that kind of message by my post i apologize.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok guys, move on, move on. There's nothing to see here.
The guy's question got answered. the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom