Hair Update ETC.... suggestion

Best answers
Is there a chance that ESF can handle a transformation where trunks's hair floats up when hes transforming and when he goes super it is already in the position it needs to be in???

Also can we have a budokai type of transformation.
When have the little booms.(the white shockwaves) can they be taken out and replaced with the budokai transformation type visual. With the gold rings exploding out and the white glow?

Also can we do this for ESF....This would be a major change, but can we extend the time of the Transformations to like 15 seconds?? So we can get funner transformations

EX Goku
Right now its pretty cool but can we have a lightning bolt (thats yellow) strike right behind him like in the show and then have the rocks fly up then have him change models 3 times to show his hair turning color then when he transes double the rock count and have him trans,

As for the sound make him say "I wont let you get away with this...." and then half way through have him say "I wont let you..."
Then have him trans

I know it could be hard and ill admit i know nothing about how to make this stuff and how difficult it could be but please try this kinda thing...If you want ill give you more of my suggestions if you like this one....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, 15 seconds? In a game where you can be killed in 3?

Though having cooler transforms would be nice, its unessesary. You can be tran-killed very easyly currently, but if this were to be added.... imagine trying to transform for 15 seconds... it won't work.

Actually the only way I can see this working is for the first trasnformation, or for perm tranners. :x

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, 15 seconds i wayy too long, it's hard enough with 10 seconds... I'm planning on redoing the particle system in beta 1.3, so hopefully I'll beable to upgrade the graphics for transformations.

Best answers
ok ok sorry but hey we have the anti melee when transforming why not put up an invisible sheild the sucks up beams so that you dont get beamed...and ya that is too long but why not

And if you wont do the longer transes then will you make the second and third transformations longer??

and sooo what about that hair and other things besides the length of transforming??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the hair idea, I'm not sure but isn't 9 way blending that type of idea? Maybe they could go a step further and do hair. Although it probably is unecessary...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Checkplease said:
ok ok sorry but hey we have the anti melee when transforming why not put up an invisible sheild the sucks up beams so that you dont get beamed...and ya that is too long but why not

And if you wont do the longer transes then will you make the second and third transformations longer??

and sooo what about that hair and other things besides the length of transforming??

so you want... absolute invulnerability while transforming?

hey look! a final flash coming my way!!!
*decends*
*acends*

would you look at that i am unharmed!

i think you see my point.
its bad enough with the melee invulnerability at the moment anyway. dont make it worse =/

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the last transformation should be 15 secs though, u don't want anybody to go ssj3 and pwn your ass, so it has to be a bit harder to reach a final form.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've to agree Paim with the transprotection ... oh a final flash is going to hit he ... trans
the current transformation in easily abuseable ... I prefer the B1 transformation ...

Checkplease said:
if you're going to code a new engine for ESF ... and then modelling all SJs with 50,000 hairs ... then yes
but there's an easier way ... you want a 15 seconds TR .. I think about 22 fps should be enough ... then make 330 models ... just for the transformation (for each TR) ... don't take care of the low HDD guy, or crappy comp guys ... no need of them [size=-2]... this was sarcastic[/size]

Best answers
the last transformation should be 15 secs though, u don't want anybody to go ssj3 and pwn your ass, so it has to be a bit harder to reach a final form.
yer it took 20 mins of a 30 mins episode for goku to go ssj3

Best answers
What is 9 way blending? Sorry, don't know much about that stuff.

Best answers
yeah a litter cooler transform would be nice but not needed at all. transforms like that r just making the game pretty.. the hair idea is alright.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rikku-boy said:
yer it took 20 mins of a 30 mins episode for goku to go ssj3
it also took like 7 hours for planet namek to explode in 3 minutes

and the hair just isnt gonna happen trunks isnt modeled to have hair that moves like that so unless they remake trunks not gonna happen

Best answers
PcJoe can always tweek it so you cannot descend during the transformation, but only after. This way you can become invincible yet you aren't able to be cheap about it and abuse it as a shield. Well actually... I guess Pain is right. Maybe reduced damage would help and that is about it, and still keep the idea of no descending while transforming(only after).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that doesnt make it any less cheap than before u could still use it as a shield the only thing is ud be invinicble longer..

hardly a disadvantage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggested another system of transformation-damage and make it a CVAR for
B1 sys - B1.1 sys - my sys - invincible
but I don't think this will happen for ESF B1.2 ... it would need alot new code

just wait for B1.2 ... then suggest things ... then B1.2 will be out earlier (if only thethings on the list will be implemented (not thousands of suggestions, too))

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
9 way blending deals with the character aiming animations. 9 way blending uses 9 different aiming animations. How the hell do you use 9 different animations for a single aiming pose?

HL SDK said:
// nine-way blends are done left -> right, top -> bottom

/******

0 - 1 - 2

| \ | / |

3 - 4 - 5

| / | \ |

6 - 7 - 8

******/
So like animation 7 would be the character looking down, animation 3 would be the character looking in the upper right, etc...

Best answers
Oh so you're just making it a little more realistic looking

Best answers
What I would like to see is somthing as simple as, make a NULL.MDL that is displayed during a transformation, locked to the origien of the player, that is set to be additive. that way anyone can come along, and make a model with all the cool special effects they want, slap it in place of the null.mdl (named somthing like gokutran.mdl or somthing) and boom, your own effects in game without the ESF team wrighing 400 lines of code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom