HAHA Go Canada, Finland, and the Czechs, boo the yanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woooo, go canada! Should be a good game tonight. I'm not too worried about goaltending though, Loungo is a solid 'tender, he'll put out a good game.

I'm saying Canada 4-2.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
Woooo, go canada! Should be a good game tonight. I'm not too worried about goaltending though, Loungo is a solid 'tender, he'll put out a good game.

I'm saying Canada 4-2.
Ya, I'd love to see Richards get a hat-trick haha. Then again, I'm biased as he is from PEI, and so am I.

Loungo baisically played against the czechs two years ago in the international hockey games that take place during spring. He played almost the same czech team, and played VERY well. So I'm thinking he can do the same, plus he has an even better team this time around.

Best answers
owa said:
Ya, besides minnesota, the rest of you americans don't seem to support your country. The rink wasn't full, and they didn't cheer much. In Canada, and europe (when important games take place) they cheer, even if a game isn't important in canada we let loose.
And you are oh so wrong, I'm quite sure the entire state of Michiganis quite into hockey. Why do you think he NHL players are going on strike? Because hockey has gotten much more popular, and their pay has stayed the same.

And why is it so suprising to see Canada win? They made the damn sport, they should win every time. When you have names like Mario Lemieux, Jarome Iginla and Joe Sakic, how can you be even a little suprised?

owa said:
never started this thread to compare countries. I don't care who is better at what.
Don't say things like that, when you clearly are comparing countries. 'boo the yanks'? 'What happened to Americas pastime'? Your clearly beating around the bush here, why not just come out and say you dislike America.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
And you are oh so wrong, I'm quite sure the entire state of Michiganis quite into hockey. Why do you think he NHL players are going on strike? Because hockey has gotten much more popular, and their pay has stayed the same.

And why is it so suprising to see Canada win? They made the damn sport, they should win every time. When you have names like Mario Lemieux, Jarome Iginla and Joe Sakic, how can you be even a little suprised?

Don't say things like that, when you clearly are comparing countries. 'boo the yanks'? 'What happened to Americas pastime'? Your clearly beating around the bush here, why not just come out and say you dislike America.

They are going on strike because the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) has expired. The owners of the NHL teams want a salary cap so they can have cost certainty. The players don't want this, they want a free markey. So you are oh so wrong. Owners don't want to have to pay players 11 million dollars a year (Jarmior Jagr for instance). They have lost a ton of money over the past few years because of poor turn out in rinks, and because of insane team salaries, about 75% of income goes to players, leaving only 25% for GMs, coaches, coaching staff, the arena staff, sitcks/gear, plane tickets, etc.

I am willing to back up my facts, with stats if you really need them. Just check out tsn.ca/nhl if you want to learn more.

I also only mentioned Minnesota because that is the only place in America that has an NHL team that fills out their arena every night. Not even Detroit does that.

I can say that because I am not comparing countries. I am just discussing hockey, not football, and other such things. The rest of you came in here and start running your mouths.

The "boo the yanks" comment was because I was getting in the spirit of things, you guys put us out in the 96 world cup, and I was just being happy that you guys finally got beat at hockey after a 8 year reign as world cup champions.

The "america's past time" thing was said because you guys kept going on about football, I was merely sticking up for my country, by doing the same as all of you.

Plus, you are just putting words in my mouth, if I hated America, I would say it. I'm not a pussy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate hockey, so I dont really care that US lost.

Football 4ever.

;)
(That one was somewhat just to get Owa mad).

Hockey is racist. White people chasing a black puck.

Oh well, I hope canada wins then, if US sucks so much.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About the baseball crack: I can assure you that any American baseball team (maybe not the mets) can beat any Canadian baseball team. You made hockey, so you are good at it. We made baseball, so we are good at it. Stop trying to throw **** at us, in order to make Canada seem superior. Canada won a hockey game. Good job. No need to instigate.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I can assure you that any American baseball team (maybe not the mets) can beat any Canadian baseball team.
I hope you realize that door swings both ways, as any Canadian team can (and has) beat every American baseball team, just as every American baseball team has beaten every Canadian team, so whats the argument here?

Baseball is largely based off of a British originating sport called "rounders", but that's not the point of this thread is it?
---------------------

Aaaaanyways, I'm clearly supporting Canada. 96's lost was quite dissapointing, but our amazing display in hockey at the last Winter Olympics made up for it. GO CANADA!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll admit, the Canadians and Russians are the best. But still GO DEVILS!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just dont like hockey because i hate sports. The only sport i enjoy watching is skateboarding and bmx. I like all the sports in the XGames besides surfing. Hockey just doesnt interest me. For some reason, a bunch of people on a block of ice on skates, with stick, beating the **** out of eachother, while knocking around a puck, just does interest me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Give luongo some credit too! Without that last save canada woulda been hooped.

I was scared there for a while, the chechz were all over canada in the third period, but we somehow managed to pull through. Overall, it was a great game for both sides, very entertaining.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We ruled them. I'm not gonna argue anymore with everyone. I don't care, I like hockey, and anyone stupid enough to start going on about another sport, just to make me mad, is a complete **** tard, and should be shot.

Go us, we are the rule.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great attitude you got going there.

Best answers
Canada definatly didn't rule the Czechs, that was a very close game. I would be more angry that Canada won, but since Draper scored it's alright, Canadians should be thankful Draper went against Vokoun before in the playoffs, that shot at the top of the circle often goes in against him.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Canada definatly didn't rule the Czechs, that was a very close game. I would be more angry that Canada won, but since Draper scored it's alright, Canadians should be thankful Draper went against Vokoun before in the playoffs, that shot at the top of the circle often goes in against him.
I'm not saying we owned them, i'm saying we ruled them. Meaning we beat them. We had it, they did not.

Best answers
lol, I was gonna say. We didn't own them, but we did get the victory, which is what counts. Any game that goes into overtime cannot be coined "ownage"

I had to work last night, so I couldn't watch the game. v_v

Best answers
owa said:
Wow, you don't listen to moderators do you? plus, untill Football is in the olympics, that won't happen. Also, we got a canadian baseball team into the olympics, and the americans did not. What happened to Americas passtime?

I never started this thread to compare countries. I don't care who is better at what. I was just pleased that the defending champs, America, were out, and that it was a surprise, plus I wanted to discuss the World cup of HOCKEY

Anyways, you guys better stop going off-topic. Talk about the topic at hand, which is the world cup. Don't come in her to ramble on about football like a struggling retard trying to make a point.

---

Canada plays in 3 hours, and our number 1 goalie is down and out. Louango is good though, so we should be fine. I'd just feel happier if the number 1 goaltender in the world, brodeur, wasn't injured.

Anyoen wanna guess the scores?

I say Canada wins 5-3
Please refrain from flamming your fellow forum goers - Prozac

Yes im sorry i shouldent have flamed him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom