HAHA Go Canada, Finland, and the Czechs, boo the yanks.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooo baby, the finns pounded those americans tonight in the world cup of hockey, twas a good sight for me. I was still reeling from the 96 loss to america in the world cup (then again, we ended up owning you guys in the 2002 winter olympics)

Anyways. Discuss the WCH here. The finals start Tuesday. The americans were up-set by the underdog finns.

Canada VS Czech Repuplic on Saturday, Winner plays Finland on Tuesday. It'll be Canada who wins the whole thing, as we own your souls in hockey, if not anything else. We atleast are awesome in hockey lol.

GO CANADA GO

Best answers
great...if anybody in america(aside from people who play hockey)cared about hockey, that would suck for us

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fatmanterror said:
great...if anybody in america(aside from people who play hockey)cared about hockey, that would suck for us
Ya, besides minnesota, the rest of you americans don't seem to support your country. The rink wasn't full, and they didn't cheer much. In Canada, and europe (when important games take place) they cheer, even if a game isn't important in canada we let loose.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hockey sucks anyway, not like I care. And if i recall we pounded canada in this years olypics :S. I dont know why everyone hates the US, not like we hate you :S .

Best answers
Yeah I dont care for hockey at all, but Canada has always been one of the best I heard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BUMMBLE TRUMPS!! NOOOOO!!!!

GO DEVILS!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anti National rehtoric is frowned upon on this board; it causes political debates, which always spiral into flame fests because people can constructively argue without resorting to insults here.

That being said, keep the politics out of the hockey before this gets closed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why can't we just have another Miracle.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
Hockey sucks anyway, not like I care. And if i recall we pounded canada in this years olypics :S. I dont know why everyone hates the US, not like we hate you :S .
That must be why you guys finished with silver, and we ifnished with gold :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ooops you ment the sumemr olympics, I thought because this was a hockey thread, you'd be talking about winter games, not summer. Maybe others understand the logic in that.

We suck at summer games, always have, but we're talking about hockey, and the winter olympics and such. So don't go off-topic, I don't want this thread closed because you felt like you should mention off-topic things.

Best answers
Hockey owns you. Its a real mans sport. Go Canada.

Hockey belongs to Canada, we have by far the best Hockey players ever (IMO anyway). Europe has some good guys too.

Canada rules! :p

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I live in Minnesota and I still don't care

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL! That's gotta mean somethin :p It's just not the most popular sport. The only reason i went off topic is because you made an off-topic shot at the US, and i hate that. It's really annoying how other countries insult us, it's not like we are all the same, some people do have feelings :\. But yea whatever, "yay canada", weeee!!!.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
LOL! That's gotta mean somethin :p It's just not the most popular sport. The only reason i went off topic is because you made an off-topic shot at the US, and i hate that. It's really annoying how other countries insult us, it's not like we are all the same, some people do have feelings :\. But yea whatever, "yay canada", weeee!!!.
How could I go off-topic? I was talking about international hockey, you were talking about the summer games.

Anyways, ET, the only reason I say minnesota is becuase the minnesota wild in the NHL are there, and they are the only american team to fill out their arena, EVERY game. Only 3 canadian teams could really say they did the same.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you beat us at something like football...something we're good at, notably...than maybe it would be worth more of a reaction. But honestly, like Fatman said, we don't really care all that much about hockey, so we're not very good at it.

This is sort of like bragging that you can do more pushups than a really fat kid who never even tried before after you've been doing 500 pushups every day.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
owa said:
That must be why you guys finished with silver, and we ifnished with gold :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ooops you ment the sumemr olympics, I thought because this was a hockey thread, you'd be talking about winter games, not summer. Maybe others understand the logic in that.

We suck at summer games, always have, but we're talking about hockey, and the winter olympics and such. So don't go off-topic, I don't want this thread closed because you felt like you should mention off-topic things.
My warning extends to you too, so drop the hostility towards the United States and concentrate on your own countries merits.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
My warning extends to you too, so drop the hostility towards the United States and concentrate on your own countries merits.
Well, i'm not trying to be hostile. If you guys would stay on-topic it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Anyways, you can't say Americans are bad at hockey, because that is untrue. You guys did beat us in the '96 world cup, and in our world junior competitions. So no, it is not like saying you can do more push ups then a fat kid.

The thing is, you guys don't watch as much hockey. So most just assume you guys aren't good at it. The 2002 winter olympics was a big changing point though, it really secured out spot as a great hockey nation.

It is true that Canada has always been #1 in hockey, we just have so much depth, the americans are growing old, and lack the depth to put out a fast and strong team nowadays.

....Not to mention that Brett Hull is really Canadian, but he wasn't good enough for our team, so he went to the states. hahahaha, then he got scratched from the american team.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course Canadians are the best at hockey. You're surrounded by snow and ice. Why wont America put out "better teams with younger players"? The majority of Americans dont give 2 ***** about hockey. If no one wants to play, then there is no team. Gj beating a weak team. As Pride said, try beating us in a game we're good at. Id love to see how well Canadians play football.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Of course Canadians are the best at hockey. You're surrounded by snow and ice. Why wont America put out "better teams with younger players"? The majority of Americans dont give 2 ***** about hockey. If no one wants to play, then there is no team. Gj beating a weak team. As Pride said, try beating us in a game we're good at. Id love to see how well Canadians play football.
Ok:

a) There is such a thing as the CFL, so we do play Football, with slight differences from the NFL. But that's purely irrelevant since this thread is about Hockey.

b) Cuc's warning applies to both sides of the coin. Canadians are not to raz Americans, and Americans are not to raz Canadians. Last warning. The next post I see that has "I'd like to see Canada....." or "I'd like to see the US...." will receive a warning.

Break the circle of hate, damn it!

Best answers
owa said:
Ooo baby, the finns pounded those americans tonight in the world cup of hockey, twas a good sight for me. I was still reeling from the 96 loss to america in the world cup (then again, we ended up owning you guys in the 2002 winter olympics)

Anyways. Discuss the WCH here. The finals start Tuesday. The americans were up-set by the underdog finns.

Canada VS Czech Repuplic on Saturday, Winner plays Finland on Tuesday. It'll be Canada who wins the whole thing, as we own your souls in hockey, if not anything else. We atleast are awesome in hockey lol.

GO CANADA GO

Not like it matters hockey sucks badly i dont see canada in the medal rankings
I wanna see u play us in football

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Catman said:
Not like it matters hockey sucks badly i dont see canada in the medal rankings
I wanna see u play us in football
Wow, you don't listen to moderators do you? plus, untill Football is in the olympics, that won't happen. Also, we got a canadian baseball team into the olympics, and the americans did not. What happened to Americas passtime?

I never started this thread to compare countries. I don't care who is better at what. I was just pleased that the defending champs, America, were out, and that it was a surprise, plus I wanted to discuss the World cup of HOCKEY

Anyways, you guys better stop going off-topic. Talk about the topic at hand, which is the world cup. Don't come in her to ramble on about football like a struggling retard trying to make a point.

---

Canada plays in 3 hours, and our number 1 goalie is down and out. Louango is good though, so we should be fine. I'd just feel happier if the number 1 goaltender in the world, brodeur, wasn't injured.

Anyoen wanna guess the scores?

I say Canada wins 5-3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom