👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is for the possible ESF GW2 Guild as well.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice. The Manifesto shows off alot as well, it's going to be a stellar game:

[video=youtube_share;UPROkIV-Ssc]http://youtu.be/UPROkIV-Ssc[/video]

You can pre-order it here, April 10th. I kinda want a physical copy, but if you do that, you don't get the beta access, the 3 days head start, and the beta ring. It IS a 25GB game, so about 6-7 hours to download on my Comcast connection, that is if I can maintain a decent speed. So I kinda want a disc if I ever format, you know...

-----------------------------

As for Guild Wars, anyone playing it? I'm working on a few more titles / items to get more points for my HoM

Anyone who wants to play we can talk about it sometime

I'm Caliga Aduro

My HoM:

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=EdAAAApjIMCAAQAAAgDAAAABAAEAAAAARCIAAAAAAA A

One mission away from another statue, about to be @ 26, then I can buy a green and be @ 27. Almost 30, I want to try to get 30 lol.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get pre-purchase Physical Copy with all the benefits, you just won't be able to get the retail disk before the game officially releases.

Guild Wars 2 FAQ said:
[h=3]How does physical Pre-Purchase work?[/h] Physical Pre-Purchase for Guild Wars 2 is only available at select retailers. The details of how this will work will differ slightly depending on which edition customers purchase and where they purchase it.

• Standard Edition (North America)—Customers will buy the Standard Edition Pre-Purchase box and receive a Pre-Purchase serial code. They will then go to https://register.guildwars2.com and follow the on-screen instructions to create a Guild Wars 2 account and apply the serial code, which will give them access to Beta Weekend Events, the Hero's Band digital item, and three-day Headstart Access to the final game. When Guild Wars 2 launches, customers will need to return to the retailer with proof of purchase to receive the full Standard Edition box and retail serial code. They will need to apply this retail serial code to their Guild Wars 2 account within five days to continue playing without interruption.
  • Standard Edition (Europe)—Customers will buy the Standard Edition Pre-Purchase box and receive their serial code. This is the only serial code customers will receive and will grant access to the Beta Weekend Events, three-day Headstart Access, the Hero's Band digital item, and full access to the final live game. Customers will not need to return to retail to receive another serial code.
  • Collector's Edition (North America and Europe)—Customers will buy the Collector's Edition Pre-Purchase box and receive a Pre-Purchase serial code. They will then go to https://register.guildwars2.com and follow the on-screen instructions to create a Guild Wars 2 account and apply the serial code, which will give them access to Beta Weekend Events and three-day Headstart Access to the final game. When Guild Wars 2 launches, customers will need to return to their retailer with proof of purchase to receive the full Collector's Edition box with physical items and retail serial code. They will need to apply this retail serial code to their Guild Wars 2 account within five days to continue playing without interruption.
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#forty-nine

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but the Digital Deluxe edition is available for 80$, which they don't have one in store.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

As for that, they must have changed it, as just a week or so ago, ArenaNet said that physical pre-orders would be limited to 1 day head start, no beta access, ect. Must have changed.

And how do I return to the retailer?

Let us say - I purchase it from Amazon. I get my beta key thing, registered it on my account, and then upon release, Amazon ships it to me, and I enter my Retail key, and continue playing? But what about if it arrives like..after the game releases, then I'm locked out or something?

Also wish that CE was 50$ less and didn't have the action figure. I'd get it then.

I guess I'll end up getting it on Amazon...but they don't have a Digital Deluxe edition. While most of those items are temp, the Minipet is not...and in GW1, unique minipets like that sold for fortunes a few years post release. You could literally buy anything in the game with one.

We'll see.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have 5 days to enter the retail CD Key before you are kicked out. The Deluxe Digital is just a means to increase their profits. No shipping and packaging costs, and luring people with more digital goodness. A retail box wouldn't make much sense for that version.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mm.

But that Minipet is the reason to get it. 20$ for a Minipet.

But that Minipet will easily sell for hundreds in a few years. :p

The original minipets from GW1's release sell for 300$+ on buying websites and they are infact, bought and sold...so...worthy investment, I'd say.

Who knows..I may get the CE...I don't want to pay 150$ for it, and I don't want the little statue, but I do like the art book and other materials. I wish they could sell a "CE Lite" without the statue / action figure or whatever.

YOu're basically paying 50$ for that...thing, which is probably some type of cheap plastic or stone.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Profiting isn't really the reason I am looking forward to play this game. :3

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hmm didn't someone post an awesome video here in this thread with open world pvp! That **** was so damn funny!

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I love it and I will buy it and play it but I still wonder how they are making this unique experience for everybody? They say the story branches off therefore leading you down different paths with actual consequences like towns being destroyed or not and they also promise the elimination of grinding. How do they do that in a MMO where everyone usually experiences the same world but in different instances? It will be very interesting to see how the game turns out....

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have faith.

Guild Wars 1 was / is amazing to this day...coming from the same minds that created the Diablo franchise, they can do it.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;WBAQiIesrGg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAQiIesrGg[/video]

That... that... was beautiful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we all knew that the game would eventually be available for purchase, Mkil.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm tempted to pre-purchase the game. Only thing I'm worried about is that it might not run on my computer good enough.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It ain't free?!
Its Buy 2 Play. You just buy the retail box once, then you can play as long as the servers exist.

@Dam Am pretty sure if you can play WoW, you will be able to play GW2. They will have a whole bunch of Graphical settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom