Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Just received an email:
Congratulations! You've been accepted into an upcoming Guild Wars 2 Stress Test!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice one man, grats. Though now anyone who pre-purchased can get in, so it lost alot of the "awe" status. To bad it didn't happen a few weeks earlier, we'd all be giving you threats.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I can't even remember signing up for a beta :p.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is the game really that good? There is a major hype around GW2 but I really doubt it will be as good as some people claim it to be ....

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is the game really that good? There is a major hype around GW2 but I really doubt it will be as good as some people claim it to be ....
It is the last hope for MMORPG's. If it fails, so do all other MMORPG's

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yes, it is kind of like that! WoW whas theee MMORPG, everybody copied...they failed horribly (except for SW:ToR I guess). GW2 is now on a whole other level, and if that plateau fails to cater to the public, so will every other MMORPG.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everquest was thee MMORPG, that WoW copied, but had a much more interesting world. SW:Tor did indeed fail.

Population after release rarely increases right away, it is infact, normal for the "boom" to go away and populations have been known to drop massively. But then they start going up.

This has not happened in ToR. They are offering free weekends...every weekend for the past month. They used to have 3 friend invites for people who own the game...then they changed it to 25 out of nowhere, odd, eh?

Then they gave a bunch of people free game time.

It's not been half a year, but...yeah.

They spent 300 million making the game, and they already made that back; sure. But now it's not really doing anything for them...they were expecting to be the next WoW.

Guild Wars 2 never expected anything but to be a sequel to GW1. So they took time and didn't spend money out their asses. Supposedly the budget for music in ToR was over 100 million, and 50 million went towards voice actors. Alot of crazy stuff there.

Guild Wars 2 is also buy 2 play. No monthly fee. It will also feature regular content updates. It also has new gameplay elements, such as underwater combat, the ability to manually dodge attacks and whatnot. While ToR uses the same old 90's Everquest gameplay mechanics.

They aren't bad mechanics, but people are getting sick of playing Everquest in a new skin.

Guild Wars 2 is a MMO Revolution. So yes, it is somewhat fair to say that if it doesn't succeed, alot of other MMO's don't stand a chance. Only Blizzard, with it's Project Titan do, and not because it will be a good game, though it might, but because it's Blizzard and they made WoW. So it will be insanely popular due to that.

Final Fantasy XIV tried a new formula as well. It didn't go over to hot for them, but then they made some bad choices, but it is getting a Revamp, FFXIV 2.0, so that might help. Thing is, the MMO industry is starting to die because people don't want to dedicate so much time to gaming and are just in general sick of watching a game play itself, like most MMO's are. It was novel when first introduced, but now we want to interact with our characters.

We want to be able to manually raise our shield. Not have a random 12.5% chance to block or something. We want to dodge a slash, rather than stand there and take it. We want to see A AoE attack being cast and run out of the way and be able to avoid it. Stuff like that. People aren't content with the old gameplay mechanics.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
We want to be able to manually raise our shield. Not have a random 12.5% chance to block or something. We want to dodge a slash, rather than stand there and take it. We want to see A AoE attack being cast and run out of the way and be able to avoid it. Stuff like that. People aren't content with the old gameplay mechanics.
10 milion WoW Players (only on retail) and countless more in different MMO's seem to disagree with you.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
They are slowly dying, and the only reason the playerbase is sticking on too WoW is because they don't have anything else that can replace that monotone game.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10 milion WoW Players (only on retail) and countless more in different MMO's seem to disagree with you.
WoW no longer had 10 million active players.

It has 10 million active characters. An important distinction to make. Every MMO, other than WoW, has had to go F2P, despite originally not wanting that. ToR is no exception. Except FFXIV, which, oddly enough, had no fee for over a year, then brought it back once the population recovered. We will see how that goes.

And I don't get only on retail part...because WoW numbers are calculated from player-based stats, not by the number of times it was sold.

If you go by that logic, there'd be tens of millions of WoW players who disagree with me. Blizzard even cheats by counting limit access accounts. I.e, basically, you have a Battle.net account for any of their games, you get a limited WoW thing where you can play up to level 20. Blizzard counts that.

When China was locked out of the WoW Market, it took a large portion of their subs.

IMA WHALE URGLEURGLEURGLE
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers

It has 10 million active characters. An important distinction to make. Every MMO, other than WoW, has had to go F2P, despite originally not wanting that. ToR is no exception. Except FFXIV, which, oddly enough, had no fee for over a year, then brought it back once the population recovered. We will see how that goes.

And I don't get only on retail part...because WoW numbers are calculated from player-based stats, not by the number of times it was sold.

If you go by that logic, there'd be tens of millions of WoW players who disagree with me. Blizzard even cheats by counting limit access accounts. I.e, basically, you have a Battle.net account for any of their games, you get a limited WoW thing where you can play up to level 20. Blizzard counts that.

When China was locked out of the WoW Market, it took a large portion of their subs.
So unless you can pull up some facts which means actual statistical data...... You are just pulling stuff out of your hat. I also love where you say all MMO's have gone F2P, I'm not going to talk about that one right now.

And no, I hate WoW, I'll never touch it again, im no fanboy, I just like proof in my pudding that's all.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

You do know there are countless more playing on private servers right ? And I do remember being 10 milion active subscribers.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yes, it seems that mkil has gotten things wrong! There are indeed 10 million subscribers as seen here. However everyone has already agreed, even the WoW players themselves (I myself play WoW), that it's a sinking ship. If they don't do something drastic and innovative in Mists of Pandaria it's gradually going down to the sea floor imo.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yes, it seems that mkil has gotten things wrong! There are indeed 10 million subscribers as seen here. However everyone has already agreed, even the WoW players themselves (I myself play WoW), that it's a sinking ship. If they don't do something drastic and innovative in Mists of Pandaria it's gradually going down to the sea floor imo.
I think you are looking at this the wrong way. It is sinking BECAUSE OF Mists of Pandaria. I have played WoW for about 2 years when it used to be a more serious game around TBC time. While I haven't played after that because I got bored, I did keep myself in the loop with everything new coming out in WoW. Death Knights sounded awesome but even those weren't enough to bring me back into that waste-of-a-life MMO. It just seems to me like it gradually become more and more kiddy and retarded without actually bringing any improvements to the gameplay, ever.

Pandas?... Really?? Fu*kin' Pandas? ...In Pandaria? :laff: Man I do hope this is a wake up call for everyone that plays it, in the sense of "You must be stupid to continue playing" . I have my reasons to believe that this whole Panda thing is a test to see how much stupidity they can get away with or maybe they are trying to see how many underaged kids play WoW and then try to shift everybody 18+ to Project Titan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom