Greatest Axe Skills out there:

Who is the best guitarist out there living or dead?

• Stevie Ray Vaughn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Satriani

• Jimmy Page

• Yngwie Malmsteen

• Zack Wylde

• Randy Rhodes

• Neil Young

• Jimi Hendrix

• Almighty Gir (I wasn't gonna leave you out buddy)

• Other....Sorry If i left you out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vox

Best answers
Magus said:
Also..whatever happened to Carlos Santana? :(
i saw santana live too

you know who else.. 2 ppl

robert randolph
and jeff beck?

i saw clapton live too.. and actually robert randolph opened for him , it was awesome for me and ppl who saw clapton millions of times said he was the best ever that night and the opening band was just as good, i was proud because rr was my band :D
whats funny is during that concert, me and 2 other groups of my friends all got seats next to eachother, and we all ordered tickets at diff times/ways

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in my opinion santana sucks live... >.> but don't flame me it's my opinion :D

as for guitarists.. mmmm Eddie Van Halen is my vote

Best answers
I voted for other, which would be a toss-up between Mark Knopfler(Dire Straits) and Chris Cheney(Living End). They both play so many styles so extremely well, I could never choose between them. If I had to choose one from the list above I'd go with Jimmy Page, simply for "D'Yer Maker".

On a side note, any Aussies in here pissed that Joe Satriani and Mark Knopfler decided to have their concerts on the same night at different venues?? /me curses their managers.

vox

Best answers
santana did an amazing performance live when i saw him, it was raining at the beach and stopped as soon as we got there.. man i hate outdoor concerts
but anyways, the guy plays nonstop for more than an hour or two.. most bands i see least get a break or play in sets.. he just kept going

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
then that guy doesnt know what hes talking about, cos rhodes was NEVER in black sabbath, he was in Ozzy Osbourne. the guitarrist for Sabbath was Tony Iomi.

iid like to thank all those who have heard my music and voted for me :D

I apologize, it would be me then, who doesn't know what he's talking about >_>. I couldn't remember whether or not it was Black Sabbath or Ozzy that he would get upset about. So my bad >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You just can't get any better than Jimmy Page.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So . . . many . . . overload . . .

I'm voting other and letting it stand for:

Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, Brian May, Jimmy Paige, Randy Rhodes . . . and alot of the others mentioned here.

And my contemporary heroes of teh axe:
Dave Mustaine, Dimebag Darrel, Kirk Hammet, Jerry Cantrell, Slash . . . and the list goes on and on . . .

Put simply, I can't pick one over the other, they are all excellent, and all deserve the vote in my book.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
So . . . many . . . overload . . .

I'm voting other and letting it stand for:

Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, Brian May, Jimmy Paige, Randy Rhodes . . . and alot of the others mentioned here.

And my contemporary heroes of teh axe:
Dave Mustaine, Dimebag Darrel, Kirk Hammet, Jerry Cantrell, Slash . . . and the list goes on and on . . .

Put simply, I can't pick one over the other, they are all excellent, and all deserve the vote in my book.

including me? :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ill send you some anytime you wanna hear it big man

Best answers
I wouldn't mind hearing some of your stuff either Almighty Gir. I mean, anyone that likes Invader Zim has my respect already, and you play guitar too! Can't go wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
hammett doesnt have any style, he was tought by satriani, and still all he does is shred.

the only solo ive heard from him that sounded "stylish" was in the unforgiven, but satriani co-wrote that with him >_>
Satriani had no part of that lead whatever. Watch the documentary. Satch isn't even MENTIONED in the whole three hour thing.

The way that solo got done was kind of funny, though. They were arguing about what to do, and Bob Rock kept telling Kirk to stop going all nuts through the whole thing and try to build up to a big run near the end instead. Kirk gets "pissed" (which for Kirk is having a wide smile and going "Hey man!"), and Bob Rock is all like, "Alright, you got something for me, let's see it," and they rolled the tape, without any practice or prep, hit record, and Hammett busted out that particular solo that we hear as the final on the record.

That whole incident is actually shown right in the documentary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ROAR!!!

the time is now!!!

THIS IS THE MIDDLE FINGERED SALUTE!!!

hehe yeah, thats my fav song to play from the album :) pride, is that the "some kind of monster" doccumentary?

cos if you go read any one of his numerous biographies, youll learn that shortly before, and during the black album time period, hammet went to study under satch ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom