Great Job Esf Team!!!!!!!

Best answers
Only problem I have with 1.1 is the new sounds(and trunks melee weaponicon being the big bang attack-EDIT:nvm, didn't check bug forum first)...
SBomb sound=bad, I dont understand why they changed it
Gohan Masenko sound=~, probably a bit better.
Gallitgun=BAD
Cell taking damage=what the hell? He sounds much weaker now!
etc

Oh, and I noticed that Cell is overall much harder to play, no idea why... maybe it was the map.
EDIT: /me looks at custom title
Uh, I'd better change that :/

Best answers
I think 1.1 melee is kind of weird. I mean, I really think the head on thing shouldn't relate to ANYTHING, and be merely 50/50 luck sort of chance. Of course, Im assuming 1.2 will change most everything, but Im sure its a ways away anyhow. I also think most of the sounds are terrible, but whatever, its decent enough. And whats the deal with melee timing? Is it me, or does it push you away from people when they're down? And when you're withing a certain range, you can't swoop? I know it sounds nuts, but I've tried it about 30 times, and it always fails to swoop (so unless my mouse magically stops working for this time, or theres some weird timing gap between swoops, I say this is the case). Anyway, this really annoys me, and makes melee really boring in my opinion, with me clicking left click 6 times before I actually swoop, during which time they usually swoop at me first. Anyway, is there some timing deal, or am I imagining things (which I doubt).

Best answers
i personally like all the new sounds (bar the big SB) but if you dont like em change em, its not that hard to find a sounds you like and replace it.

i think its all the little things most people dont notice right away that make the update so much better. animations for example, and sounds. Ive noticed in this version too frieza has become much better to use, i used to get owned with him but now i can win. Same as buu, its not just a game where who has the biggest power (ie saiyins), its a bit more stratigic now. And the ki / melee ratio is nice. not as many plain melee or beam servers, you need a mix to survive.

also the larger, more niticible things are good too, beam jumps, small SB, sword, kame torps. they are all good and most of them are strategic, which is good.

Just one question about beam jumps, what determins the speed? character? beam type? beam charge? ect?

Best answers
Yeah I happen to love 1.1 too. Though I have noticed, melee has made a comeback since the relase. Obviously after it came out everyone was trying out the new KI moves (with the exception of people tryin out the Sword :)) and it was really fun to see servers almost all beam oriented without being forced to be. But now melee is back in a big way, and it's better than it was in 1.0, because beams can still counter melee a lot more. I've actually used generic beams a few times, I almost never did before 1.1. Though I have to say I haven't used beam jumping as much as I thought I would. It can help you get out a of tight places, but usually the person attacking you can swoop faster than you jump. Also, I've beam jumped off people before, but they seem to not be stuck there...why is that? doens't make anysense for the beam to hanging in mid air, letting me jump. I think this should be corrected...If theperson doens't block, you can beam jump off them, keeping them still or slowly moving back, until you want to detonate.

Best answers
<-- Made a japanese voice pack (no not the one on red saiyan) I made a better one not ripped from Dragon Ball Final Bout. Ripped from episodes but its great like for ex: I have to sound when goku first goes ssj and the lightning is cracking around him and u hear all the debris in the background and then he is like ck ck ck ck AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! and then chuuuuuuuuune and he goes ssj.

Best answers
I went with nobel prize because 1.1 kicks serious @$$ it rulez I would like to see how ESF 1 (non-beta)would be like

Best answers
Ok so Beta 1.1 has a certain "break in period", well most games do. I still get my butt kicked my the bots. But i can tell my skills are improving. This new version has a different feel to it, but its for the better. Once again, another job well done. I'm glad i follow this mod. :laff:

Best answers
Yes lets think of different things here people the update is great it just calls for a few tactical changes.

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ Shin Carl
<-- Made a japanese voice pack (no not the one on red saiyan) I made a better one not ripped from Dragon Ball Final Bout. Ripped from episodes but its great like for ex: I have to sound when goku first goes ssj and the lightning is cracking around him and u hear all the debris in the background and then he is like ck ck ck ck AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! and then chuuuuuuuuune and he goes ssj.
hey can u hook me up with that pack? i prefer the japanese voices

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I went for nobel prize, despite my extreme inability to become skilled with the new melee adjustments/changes.

Best answers
Originally posted by [NC]ND
1.0 melee system = depends on skills
1.1 melee system = depends on powerlevel and trunk's sword is way too powerful
´

Trunks Sword is not to strong.... what do U think if i first hit you the the Head and after thad Hit you in the Head with a sword..... what do U think would hurt You most ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Quicksilver
´

Trunks Sword is not to strong.... what do U think if i first hit you the the Head and after thad Hit you in the Head with a sword..... what do U think would hurt You most ;)
....ermmm...right...this is a game, not real life. It would split his skull open.

Anyway, its easy to get round KI preservers. Im not going to give out my tactic, cause it works about 90% of the time. Just learn how to use the 1.1 melee system, and you'll do fine. I find it muuuuuuch better than the 1.0 Ping decision, since people now stand a chance against any pinged person.

Best answers
Originally posted by Chitenga
the only thing i dont like about 1.1 is that it take HOURS to transform.

it took me only 2 hours to transform with vegeta :S
If u meen time to get enfu PL then i just tell you.... How Bad are U to this game.... it took me ½ hour to get krillin pef transform.... ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Quicksilver
If u meen time to get enfu PL then i just tell you.... How Bad are U to this game.... it took me ½ hour to get krillin pef transform.... ;)
Skill has no say in the matter. If you start a server with low PL people, it will take ages to transform. If you join a server with high pl people, it wont take more than 10 mins. You could be the best player in the world, and still not trans within 1/2 hour (Alot of good players use melee, rather than beam spam the whole map and kill loads)

Best answers
Yeah, Ill go for nobel cause it's better than "a bit"

Actually, I love the extra strategic edge that the ki based melee in 1.1 adds to the game..especially the stand-off effect...where neither player wants to make the first move....it's pretty sweet.

And just fixes and tweaks hibiki? I think 1.1 was a little more than that..multiple power struggling...several new attacks...new animations...a new gameplay mode...a few new maps...more than enough to set it apart as more than a bug fix from 1.0. As everyone seems to be saying here, it's completely different. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom