Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got this thing a couple of days ago and I'm 50 percent finished with it already... not to say that it wont take me weeks to get it up to 100% or anything, with so many hidden and bonus missions to deal with. Talk about replay value!

This is the best game I've spent my money on in a very long time. It may only be single player -- Until it is hacked by the people who brought us the GTA3 mutliplayer hack -- but there is such a massive number of places to see and things to do that you'll just keep coming back for more. The city is beautiful, the AI is fairly keen (when it isn't on foot, anyway), and the missions are incredible. I can't recall a single mission off of the top of my head that was boring or simply unenjoyable. There were moments of frustration, but it made it all the more pleasurable when you finally completed those rough missions. Anyway, that's my half-assed review. My question is: How many of you have played it? I've got the PC version but apparently it's realistcally identical to the PS2 version so it's all the same game. What's your favorite method of wreeking havoc on Vice City? And more importantly: How do you trigger the last mission of the game!? Do you need a 99% completion rating, or am I just missing some building somewhere?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'm done everything except the hidden packages. I have 98/100!!!!!! I just can't seem to find those last 2!!!!!!!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure that I can stand going through all of those little side missions... maybe after I get settled down a bit I'll start taking a few a day and work my way up to 100% over a few weeks. I've accomplished most of my own personal Vice City goals so far... I've got more money than I can spend, and a stolen tank in my garage. After that it's all just about grabbing the secrets, at least until I get the first helicopter. I want one...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also enjoy Vice myself. It was the first game me and my bro got with the PS2 (well, along with FF 10 =D). I admit, I still pop it in my PS2 and cruise around (gotta love the dealership) causing havoc in the streets. And you are correct, Boyster, the replay value IS amazing, always seems to pull me back in for more =]

Best answers
I got it about 2 weeks ago. I liked the moto riding but it gets boring (like GTA3) after a while.

Best answers
to trigger the last mission you have to be 60% finished.

Best answers
It's a great game and all but I rather play GTA3 missions over Vice City missions just because their more fun. I played Vice City untill I can't do any more missions because they are to hard, that or I suck. After that I just shoot people on bikes and scooters. Does anyone know the Bike glitch?

<b>Cool Bike Glitch</b>
Grab a bike, not a scooter and go to the corner where you change into the suit clothes icon, the opposite street from where your hotel is, drive over the icon and get off about to the right side of the icon alittle, not towards the wall, and get off then get back on. You'll get off you bike then you'll get back on, the screen will go black just as if you are changing clothes, but you'll be standing inside your bike! This has a purpose, you can drive around and not fall off you bike! Just don't get off your bike or press O or you will have to do it over. It might take some time to do it but its fun!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe... vice city is my favourate ps2 game.. heres some funny bugs:

-=spaceman clitch=-
get on a superbike, drive it REALLY fast, aim for somthing solid, but only clips the bike, not you, like the scretch of road before the huge arena, just before you hit it, press the bail button like crazy, if done right, the moterbike suddenly goes lunar and starts taking off, your going upwards as well... but not as far, ive had the record of launching one across from prawn island to the first island :p

thats my favourate one :p

anyways... you wanna do the final mission, it involes buying 3 places and doing all the mini missions inside them:

1: the malibu club, missions upstairs
2: the kaufman cabs, missions next to a cab
3: the printworks, missions outside door

each one has a bunch of missions, do em all and you get a phonecall from the man form the printworks, thats when your final missions start.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually you have to get about 59% as stated above. I had every asset completed aside from the strip club and the ice cream factory, I did the strip club's mission and I got the phone call. That was when I was at 59% completion.

Best answers
well, a better card is not an option sometimes... but overclocking is! (I tweak alot to get maxumum performance) I managed (difficult) to get my 1.4ghz amd athlon thunderbird to clock upto 1.92ghz! (in the amd world that is alot) and I get about 10k 3dmarks when I really tweak things (like the NVIDIA contols and stuff) if you have an nvidia card and at least a BX chipset I could tell you how far to push it... ill also need your FSB/core clock of your processor, a great 3d card overclocking tools is power strip go grab it!

Best answers
i got the game the day it came out and beat it in 3 days 100% complete. I like the PCQ 900 bike its my fav ^^

Best answers
i like anything that goes fast and can do good drive by's :devgrin:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The hunter is a fun helicopter, it's just too bad there isn't more to do after the game is said and done. I don't have the energy to get to 100%, I'd rather just find some randomly generated missions or something to do. I wouldn't mind an expansion pack either. It was a really fun game and it's still fun to jump in and just cruise around with, but I've got my fingers crossed waiting for a multiplayer patch, officially, or unofficially.

Best answers
u got it on comp??? i got it on ps2 so there wont be any multiplayer for that :( but then again GTA has never been multiplayer so i doubt a multiplayer version will be released although it would be fun.

I like running around with that katana sword blade thingy and cutting peoples heads off ^_^

Best answers
wait how do u make gta3 multi player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom