Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Announced

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taken from IGN.com:

"Ending all the constant speculation about the next installment of the Grand Theft Auto series, Rockstar Games announced today that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is indeed coming out. In the press release unveiled this morning, GTA: San Andreas will be an exclusive title for PlayStation 2 and will be released on October 19, 2004."

Read the rest here

*Drools* Only eight more months to go! ;D

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, read about this today, sounds scrumptious! :D

Best answers
grand theft auto vice city was what i heard the game of the year, so i think this one will be awesome to

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
San Andreas, hmm...

Looks like Cali is getting some Grand Theft Auto love, I wonder if there will be earthquakes do to the fault (San Andreas Fault). I hope one of the radio stations doesn't deny Dr.Dre, Snoop Dogg, etc etc.

/me adds another game to his wish list.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PS2 exclusive?

How can they neglect the system that made GTA famous. Also being the same system that makes the most sales.

Rockstar have gone mad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, it wont last long, it will eventually come to the PC and Xbox, if onyl for the better only experiances. IE Voice chat, broadband only on XBox, more players, typing on PC, mods on PC.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read about this in another Forum I go to. I also cant wait for it :D

Best answers
hmmmm, i was hoping that they'd do the las vegas thing. oh well, its still GTA. I LOVE IT!!!!!!

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
San Andreas, hmm...

Looks like Cali is getting some Grand Theft Auto love, I wonder if there will be earthquakes do to the fault (San Andreas Fault). I hope one of the radio stations doesn't deny Dr.Dre, Snoop Dogg, etc etc.

/me adds another game to his wish list.
You took the words right outta my mouth there ;)

Anyway, looking forward to this, the GTA Serie is one of the few non-linear games out there :)

Sound Artist
Best answers
Gee... can we still kill people? Can we still steal cars? Steal money?... Same old stuff different title... In other words... boring.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right, we should all just stick with games that involved dieing, respawning, killing people, then dieing, respawning, and killing people. That's much more involved than killing and stealing from people.

You cannot tell me any of the last GTA games were really boring once you got into the story. Vice City had an absolutely awesome story mode that really gave you the feel of messing with a small-scale city. It's true that killing and stealing over and over and over gets boring, but so does anything else you could possibly think of. They always add a little something-something to the newer GTA games, and they probably will this time too. If they're bright about it they'll add in a damn online play mode of some kind so that third party developers don't have to slave over a crappy race and deathmatch modification.

Anyway, where was I going with this? Oh yeah, play it for the story. If it's the same physics, cars, music, and setting as all of the others (which wouldn't be possible since they vary) just think of it as an expansion pack with a game-load of new missions in a new setting.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Classic fps is boring too, i played the story mode for both and i got bored with it real quick.

Best answers
Games in general have gotten boring, in my opinion. I played through GTA3, and halfway through VC. They just seem the same. GTA1 was the best one, in my opinion, just for its innovative value. The stories for GTA are all rehashed, just because they have to be. Now, if San Andreas put you in the shoes of say a cop or something that has the possibility of going dirty, I'd be impressed and I'd buy it, but.. this whole small-time crook making it big in the underworld thing has run its course. Also, Playstation 2? Vice City ran like hot garbage on PS2. Oh well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"GTA: San Andreas will be an exclusive title for PlayStation 2 and will be released on October 19, 2004."

OH WHAT THE HELL!? no MTA SAN ANDRES = NO FUN! :( they better release it to the comp later on because I don't feel like buying a ****ty ps2 plus on the PC you can make it online because the MTA team would do it if it was out :p

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They will realise that the PC is where the lovin is and port it over (Hopefully a good port)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they didn't port to PC they'd lose a huge selling point. Don't worry, they'll port over, it's just an exclusive release, not exclusive rights.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exclusive Release = Port attention.

Game companies and fans see it's exclusive and become agitated....

"Whats up with that?"

When Rockstar is just creating a buzz by doing this... per say increasing the demand. If you can't have something, don't you want it even more? It's basic business psycology. Plus, as I have said before... all the ps2 owners will get the game and tell their friends how good it is. The X-box and pc owners will become even more impatient to buy the product ASAP. Their spreading the demand and the profits at the same time.

Rockstar is faaaar from stupid XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom