Good Models = Better Game Play?

Do you think better models make yourself fight better?

• Heck YES!

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Hmm not really...

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shouldn't do mych but gives you the confidence when you trans, NeD SSJ Goku just looks so great you feel good, I seriously love feeling good (so much I do it all the time)

Best answers
What the hell is that for some kind of reply Zeonix?
That had simply nothing to do with the topic at all.
but then you've altered it by changing models :O :O :O Damn... Cheater!

And the only models I look at are the none transed because I never transform in esf.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've altered the way you control your character, so obviously it isnt going to feel the way it feels for us, regardless of what model you use.

Best answers
There was a time when i didn't script either, even though you probably wouldnt believe it. And i have played with different models as i say.

But as long as you feel a change it means that you are changing the gameplay which is the same as scripting, so stop using a different model.

Or maybe your mind is just easilly getting tricked :)

choose for yourself.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With logic like that, who could argue? I can.

While scripting actually changes the gameplay of ESF, changing is purely for cosmetic reasons. If you are somehow affected psychologically by it, fine. It doesn't physically change the game itself, though. It changes you.

I'll leave it at that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Custom models do make the game more enjoyable for me, but I don't know if it makes me play better.

If anything, I think it makes me play with less skill, because I'll sometimes try to fight like that character does in the show, for fun, which makes me suck. xD

Best answers
Models are nothing but eyecandy. Has nothing to do with the gameplay at all. If you feel that you play different by having better models then by all means stay in that illusion.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is why I said it has a psychological factor. Rommyu just admitted to playing worse sometimes because he gets into the character. The psychological factor is evident in Rommyu's post. An illusion, perhaps, but this world is full of illusions and very real events happen because of such illusions.

Best answers
I guess. Well then my advice would be that people shouldn't let it affect them. But then again maybe it's because I don't think of this game as anything with dragonball, and the characters could be politicians for my sake without changing anything. My focus is just on playing not on how it looks when i play. Nor do i try to fit the role as any of the characters in the game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the model makes a person player better, then by all means, they should let it affect them. I don't like using the NeD model because he seems smaller than the default model. It throws me off by a little, and I'd rather that not happen. I'm used to Goku being a particular height and having a particular width, so I use the default model. For characters that I rarely use, I'll exchange the old models for better looking models. This way when I get bored in a server I at least have something to look at.

It has less to do with roleplay and more to do with logistics.

Best answers
Well this is not a threat where we are supposed to agree, because that seems quite impossible as this is a very individuel matter.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a fact that custom models can make some people feel better about the game, eye-candy gives a different, refreshing and new feeling to the game, thus making you more sharp with the gameplay...in a way.

Maybe it doesnt affect some people cause they play to win for example and care nothing about the models they use.

I like new models every once in a while, to keep everything fresh and sometimes it does make me play better, hard to explane x3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't know for sure, I think it would ease my eyes a bit if I see a good model instead of a crappy model. I do know for a fact, that when the sounds are better, I also play better. A game is much more fun and I enjoy it to play more wehn for example a gun actually sounds like a powerfull gun. I don't know if this would also apply to ESF since I haven't played it in some while.

Best answers
Just one question for you ESF'ers out there.
Have you ever considered if you get a better looking model that you feel like you can win them over in ESF?
Today i was playing around with SV's new Gohan at ssj2 and i felt so good because i was like owning all the bots on my server.
So if you think this may be right or wrong tell me what you think.
Thanks.
Well when you find that "perfect model for a charcter and you drool when you see how real he looks, your probebly going to be more engaged, and thus you'll do better.

When I used to play ESF, I would often change my models whenever my current ones got boring, it helps keep a player's intrest.

Best answers
It's a fact that custom models can make some people feel better about the game, eye-candy gives a different, refreshing and new feeling to the game, thus making you more sharp with the gameplay...in a way.

Maybe it doesnt affect some people cause they play to win for example and care nothing about the models they use.

I like new models every once in a while, to keep everything fresh and sometimes it does make me play better, hard to explane x3
Its like SV was in my fricken head......get ouT! LOL
JK but really. I understand what you guys are saying and i think SV understood me to much. >.< Thanks guys for posting your opinons. Continue on if you want. Its entersting to hear what everyone has to say. :D

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mental readiness and alertness definitely come into play with games that require good hand-eye coordination, and if better models get you more mentally psyched up, I don't see why it couldn't help.

Best answers
Just writing to the topic itself:

In my opinion, better models do not make you player better. Heck, I can play with a box and play just as good. As long as my fps is in it's 70's and my ping is under it's 50's im good to go. Have you ever tried playing ESF when you zoom all the way in using "I" ??? Yer well, I ain't see no model there. Anyways, this is just my own opinion ofcoarse.

-GuZzie

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on the mood you're in. For me personally, whenever I'm in a great mood, I'll play better. I don't know if it holds true for other people, but judging from the responses, some people are like me in that respect. If I have good music on or I see something refreshing / new in ESF (model packs), I'll be in a better mood and play better. Call it bs, but you do play better.

Best answers
Good models don?t make the gameplay better. good models makes you like the game more, because it looks better =P. Everyone would prefer a hot babe =P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom