GOOD Anime

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
I don't think DPred is watching too many series. I'm watching 10+ myself... Episodes usually come out weekly, and 1 ep a week isn't enough :p
My list is (currently watching)
Ai Yori Aoshi - Enishi, Avenger, Da Capo, E's Otherwise, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Green Green TV, Haibane Renmei, Happy Lesson Advance, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Naruto, Planetes, Sumeba Miyako no Cosmos-sou Suttoko Taisen Dokkoida, and Peace Maker Kurogane.
I don't know half of them, but isn't that a lot of anime at one time? Do you have vacation or something? :laff:.

Best answers
I still say Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the best anime series out there it has everything. I'f you understand the story your instanly hooked. I'f like watched the hole series 10 times :laff:

Cowboy Bepop is also really cool and Naruto ;)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anty said:
I don't know half of them, but isn't that a lot of anime at one time? Do you have vacation or something? :laff:.
Nope, I'm a Junior in High School. I just started watching Anime (with the exception of the **** on Cartoon Network) the beginning of last summer. Funny enough, my grades are the best they've been in my whole life. My lowest grade is like a 87%, beating the hell out of my last year ~70%, heh.

Edit:
Cruzharo - You really need to try other anime, Dragon Ball Z isn't really that good, heh... Visit http://www.animesuki.com/ and download Naruto.

X-iT_W0uN|) - Yeah, I heard a lot of good things about NGE, I still need to download it. I just find myself pushing it off until later, heh.

Best answers
X-iT_W0uN|) said:
I still say Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the best anime series out there it has everything. I'f you understand the story your instanly hooked. I'f like watched the hole series 10 times :laff:

Hmmm still have to figure out a way to get Neon Genesis Evangelion :]

btw: currently watching = 'Outlaw Star' (yeah still watching LOL), and hopefully starting to watch 'Full Metal Panic!' in a few days ;D.

Best answers
Just was thinking about some Anime movies:
- Ghost In A Shell
- Escaflowne (sp?)
- Cowboy Bebop: Knocking On Heavens door (own it)

I haven't heard a lot of them here, but what I have heard and seen is that they are pretty GOOD so.... what do you think?

EDIT:
ARGG forgot 'double post' sorry

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X-iT_W0uN|) said:

Hey Exit Wound, are you "EXIT WOUND" from Counter-Strike forums?
Just curious, anyway. Yeah NGE is a great series. The Battles were awsome.

Best answers
Yesterday I bought 'Akira', watched it later that day, My hopes were to high about this movie.
I hadn't seen it before but heard a lot of GOOD stuff about it, like: 'It's so cool go and watch it' or like: 'The story is great and just mind blowing'.

But it was 'just a anime/manga movie' to me, it was cool thou but not as special as I had in mind and been told.

Maybe that is because I saw alot more of anime/mange movies (what ever you call that movie, the box says 'manga' :S ) that are just better in my oppinion.

So...
If you are going to watch 'Akira' don't get your hopes up too much like I did :].
And if you watched it, please tell me what you liked/disliked about it.

Best answers
Dark Matter said:
Hey Exit Wound, are you "EXIT WOUND" from Counter-Strike forums?
No. I never visit those forum their to boring
BTW sorry for the off topic post but he was curious :laff:

Best answers
You guys need to watch this anime called SCRYED. I mean really!

-Edit-
Well, since very few people know about Scryed, I'll post this link to get you started. It's a shame you all haven't seen it, if you like anime so much, but you can easily redeem yourself. :)

http://www.scryedanime.com/

Best answers
While you say Akira was just another Manga, the thing you have to remember about Akira is that it was the first Manga (in English I mean) that really got out there. Many people hold it in high regard because they'd never seen another manga film.

I've seen it once, and don't remeber it for being anything special either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X-iT_W0uN|) said:
No. I never visit those forum their to boring
BTW sorry for the off topic post but he was curious :laff:
Oh good, cause I hate the Exit Wound from CS forums, I just go there to flame.

Best answers
X-iT_W0uN|) and Dark Matter please stop that useless OFF-Topic SPAM (althou this is the Off-topic section there are the same rules about the thread: STAY ON TOPIC). If you want to talk like that do it with the wonderfull feature called: PM (Private Message)
Then you can even talk about how exciting sheep counting is before falling asleep.

So please don't do that k? :]

Best answers
Whoehoe :laff: got meself a new Anime/Manga called: 'Inu Yasha'

Still have to decide what to watch first... 'Full Metal Panic', 'Noir', 'Love Hina' or 'Inu Yasha'. options options options :]
Time is the problem :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Inuyasha... mehhh.

I just watched "Golden Boy", and while I don't think its new it's friggin' HILARIOUS.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Akira is an okay movie. It's a lot like DragonBallZ, actually. People watch it, and since it's the first thing they've seen, and it is of medium quality, they say "Wow, this rocks!" and then they go on to watch more sophistocated animes.

Eventually, if you continue to watch anime you'll realize DBZ, while it did 'set some standards' really isn't the best anime out there, with insanely repetitive storylines and pointless lengthening of episodes.

DBZ is a Gateway anime, the same with the movie Akira. It's only good till you see better.

Best answers
The second time I've watched Akira (some days ago). My oppinion about it was a lot better because I now know that the movie is 'old' (1987) and one of the first 'Manga' movies released in English, because of it being 'old' and the first in English the movie wasn't actually that bad. :]

Best answers
serial expariments lain
tenchi muyo
armitige dual & polly matrix
love heina
(i cant spell)

Best answers
I got some time free to watch more GOOD anime, but don't know witch one....

Choices:

- Full Metal Panic
- Love Hina
- Inu Yasha
- Noir

What is the nicest to start with?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just finished an anime series (at PcJoe's recommendation) which I found to be excellent--"Last Exile." You can download it from http://www.anime-kraze.net (It's Unlicensed, and therefore not Warez)

It's hard to explain what it's about..
But if you liked the RPG "Skies of Arcadia," you'll like it.
Only 26 eps, already available. Great music/intros/endings.. compelling story, excellent animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom