Goku

Best answers
more progress!! make more progress then post!!! polyflow look's K

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice going! Cinema 4D huh? I hope that edge-extrude still works in Max...I'll be bummed if it's not. I can see that the ears will be tough using that method tho. Good luck getting the rest of the head. I can see why you stopped there for an update. Classicly problematic modelling point using the planar-face method.

EDIT: Ah! Excellent! Max does have that function! Wow, how useful...

Best answers
J-Dude said:
EDIT: Ah! Excellent! Max does have that function! Wow, how useful...
Even ms3d does have that function...

Best answers
its looking really nice, keep up the good work ;)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hmm Shadow Cast is it possible you could not send out informations on WFS Progress? tsince what i know that model is for WFS so please if you want to post updates etc on it do it on WFS Forums.
- WFS Public Relations

Discord Member
Best answers
I can post my progress anywhere I want........whats the big deal
And talking about addons in these forums are not allowed........If you want to discuss me send me a PM

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
well yes ya can but maybe you could posted on WFS Forums first. Hehe

Discord Member
Best answers
The progress of the model is posted in the dev journals if you want to see it and .........End of discussion.......

Discord Member
Best answers
Sorry for the double post...........
Anyways here is some progress
Hope you like it :]

Best answers
Did he eat fat buu?
You will never finish the model if you go on like that.
Modelling is more than putting thousend of polys around a ref.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very ture indeed kreshi if u need that model for esf then it has to be low poly
but if u want it for a high software game witch need stuff like in gothic 3, u'll need to work a month or two or even more to get it high poly and at the same time good quality

Best answers
LionHeart said:
but if u want it for a high software game witch need stuff like in gothic 3, u'll need to work a month or two or even more to get it high poly and at the same time good quality
OMG.
Sorry to disappoint you, but you are wrong.

There are some ways how to model high poly, but his way is absolutely WRONG. All this detailed work comes after some shape is finished. His shape isn?t finished at all. And if he continues like that, he will still waste thousend of polys in the end. He doesn?t know how to smooth a model, that?s a fact.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LionHeart said:
Huh?

That really depends on the modelers speed...

Looks good so far fix the shoulders and belly polyflow

Best answers
cmon Kreshi dont we all had this problem at the beginning ;)
he will learn it with the time (maybe :p)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kreshi said:
OMG.
Sorry to disappoint you, but you are wrong.

There are some ways how to model high poly, but his way is absolutely WRONG. All this detailed work comes after some shape is finished. His shape isn?t finished at all. And if he continues like that, he will still waste thousend of polys in the end. He doesn?t know how to smooth a model, that?s a fact.
Jesus man, cut him some slack. Just cause he's not modelling the way YOU'D model the character, you certainly don't have the right to snap at him, he didn't ask for degredation. Being critical certainly doesn't mean being an @$$ about his model.

@Shadowcast: Dude, if this were a no-limits model, it would rock. The polyflow looks awesome, simple and clean. Yeah, tighten the gut, he's got a beer-belly ;). And what's up with the whole in his face? Are you trying to redesign that part, or did Frieza get in that Death Beam he tried when Goku was charging the Spirit Bomb (weak lol).

Just remember that with things like the stomach (especially a tight stomach like Goku's) the edges surrounding the outside edge will be a bit closer to the outside edge to create the natural sheerness tha part of the anatomy has. Especially keep this in mind when you make the back. The back is VERY sheer, not rounded out evenly. That's a very simply error to make, especially using a drawn ref instead of a photo ref, since it's so much harder to tell shape and depth with lines as your guide.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kreshi's right though, that ref is shoddy, the proportions are wack, and no matter what 2d ref you're gonna find it's never gonna be a good thing to model by it completely unless of course you use another model :p

What I think is best to do is block things out using a ref, get all those things that need to be defined there, then delete the ref and refine the entire thing in 3d view. Pbp in comparison takes so much longer imo, some things are better done by it in ways (like heads) but other things are hindered since you're doing a lot of problem solving with the poly flow. Also, switching between perspective and user is a good idea.

Best answers
looks pretty good just fix the shoulders and stomach

Discord Member
Best answers
thx guys for all the help............
Ill redo goku again but this time editing a cylinder............This goku is deleted..........It was almost crap....
anyways........i could use a good ref..........Anyone got one??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom