Goku wip

Best answers
Finaly got around to doing the body for goku.. here is a wip of it. its 574 pollys..
ill make a better render later =] enjoy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice, but the upper body might be a bit too small and maybe bring his chest out a bit more, also his lower part of his legs should come a bit forward...the rest looks good though and nice poly flow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why did u break his lower legs?

Best answers
=] lol just followed the consept i had =] here it is..

=] so imah change it abit.. cuz the pose isnt that great.. move his feet forward etc.. thanks for crits =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that side shot is angled and he twisted his leg a bit
also you might wanna make his arms on a 45 degree or a 90 degree from his body

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks pretty good so far, I think the forearms should be made a bit shorter, with longer, bigger, biceps/triceps.

Also, shoulder muscles are round, at the moment his shoulders look quite tall but not wide enough, making him look like a box man, bulge them out to the sides a little and then bring the trapezius up a bit to where it would meet the neck.

Best answers
Looks good so far. Just do what the others said, they have said what I wanted to say. Keep it up.

Best answers
Update.. Currently 1478 pollys =] enjoy (crits are welcome)

I would also like a to say a big thank's to trowa =] who taught me to model! u teh man!!

"edit"

just thought u might wanna know what ref pic's i used for head so thought i would add them here =]

I would also like to add this is my first model in 3d studio max =] but i think i did ok >_< took me long enough

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa, talk about a fast learner :eek:

It's really starting to shape up now, I recommend using a few more polies in certain places, a couple of verts along the trapezius to make it more like a muscle flow and less like a straight line (look at the ref you posted in post #4). I also reccomend making his neck a bit longer. His chin should be parallel with where the trapezius meets the neck, but currently it rests too low. The forearm/bicep proportions still look a bit wrong (check my crit in post #6). Finally, bring the sash/belt area down slightly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jasonc said:
Update.. Currently 1478 pollys =] enjoy (crits are welcome)

I would also like a to say a big thank's to trowa =] who taught me to model! u teh man!!

"edit"

just thought u might wanna know what ref pic's i used for head so thought i would add them here =]

I would also like to add this is my first model in 3d studio max =] but i think i did ok >_< took me long enough
Jesus, you're FIRST model? When I tried modeling, my models looked like your goku took a poop in the shape of my first goku model (it sucked D: )

Anyways, nice model. I'm not all into modeling and such, but mind giving me/everyone a smooth mesh of your model. Or whatever it's called, where it's not all poly-gony.

edit: Aha! I found something I dislike ;o~

On his biceps, make it a big bigger. goku should me ripped, i'll post a pic in a second

Best answers
=] thanks for crit's and i was planing on fixing the arm's i forgot hehe =] i fixed the thumb that look's broken as well.. surpised no one pointed that out.. now to do some more tweaks =] and yeh neck should be abit longer =] but it's eirly wip =]

*edit*

and i wouldnt really say im a fast learner >_< took me about 3 day's to get this far =] n alot of crit's from trowa hehe.. and i have modeled in milkshape 3d befor. this is just my first 3d studio max model =].. and milkshape 3d sucks when u get use to 3d s max.. and hair.. is hard >_< took me 4 try's to get it right =] but glad u guys like the model.

Best answers
Jasonc said:
=] thanks for crit's and i was planing on fixing the arm's i forgot hehe =] i fixed the thumb that look's broken as well.. surpised no one pointed that out.. now to do some more tweaks =] and yeh neck should be abit longer =] but it's eirly wip =]

*edit*

and i wouldnt really say im a fast learner >_< took me about 3 day's to get this far =] n alot of crit's from trowa hehe.. and i have modeled in milkshape 3d befor. this is just my first 3d studio max model =].. and milkshape 3d sucks when u get use to 3d s max.. and hair.. is hard >_< took me 4 try's to get it right =] but glad u guys like the model.
How did you do the hair?

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The sideview of the hair is incorrect
And his legsdo not go in a straight line, where the boot starts it goes straight down. You try and put your legs in that position. al that can be fixed by just moving around some stuff.

Very nice model for a first timer :D keep it up.

Best answers
I first went over and did all the spike's then i used the create tool in poly modifier to connect them up and added a few cut's here and there and tada done..

Best answers
Can you post a pic from a side angle?

Looks really good. Can't wait for it to be skinned.

Best answers
Here u go mate =] front/back and side all colored in :p n faced so u can see =]

Best answers
It looks good but maybe a spike or two more at the front of the head? Or maybe just move the spikes forward?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom