Going into High School, nerves as ****.

Best answers
oke sry i'm from belgium, so at what age do you go to high school and when do you go to college?

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the US, you normally go into High School around 14 or 15. And you normally graduate from high school when you're 18. But even within the US, these numbers can vary slightly. For instance, my high school was grades 9-12. Some may be 10-12. So ages can differ.

And really, after you graduate from high school, real life doesn't start if you go to college. You can put off all the tedium of real life for another 2-4 years. I would go to college forever if I could.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i will make highschool a living hell for the freshmen next year

Best answers
wohooo my last year of high school, college here I come

Best answers
hey lid, you want to know what i got in english? i got 94.3%

in the real world, and on the digital world, i speak and write differently.

Best answers
I have some great advice for you.

Breathe. If you get nervous, breathe. I know it may sound stupid but it will calm you down in a hurry

If you are trying to make friends, learn when to talk and when to keep your mouth shut. Nobody likes it when they are having a conversation and someone just butts in.

You don't have to be outgoing, I myself am very introverted.

People love humor. If you have a great sense of humor, use it. If not, don't try to force being funny, it doesn't work.

Stay calm and collected, don't worry about upperclassmen messing with you, just stay out of their way and don't do something that's gonna attract their attention to you. Most of them aren't gonna go out of their way to mess with you. Most of them are just whores for attention or have a low self esteem, but that won't make a difference if you piss them off.

Reputations don't go away easily. If someone is messing with you, stand up for yourself.

Stand tall.

High school isn't as bad as it is made out to be. My freshman year was pretty easy going, I made a bunch of new friends, got in some hot water a few times, but now this year is shaping up to be real nice.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
here are some tips:

1. dont run! it will only make it worse if you do

2. the more attractive women in your grade will be taken by older ppl.. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THIS.

3. stand up for yourself if its within reason.. if you know you'll just get the crap kicked out of yourself, just take it

(1 and 3 are for the "frosh week")

Best answers
How true gfk, how true.

Another thing. A lot of the fun classes are senior or junior only. I got kicked out of AP Art History just today cause seniors get priority (imma be a junior starting the 30th)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
2. the more attractive women in your grade will be taken by older ppl.. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THIS.
fine with me... leaves the older ones open :yes:

my highschool has a repuation for people getting pwned but you know me I'll stay outa trouble :rolleyes:

Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
Unless, of course, they get stuck on you. Then they are just irritating.

Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
here are some tips:
Bleh, I hate people who do this.

When I was a freshman, every girl in my grade was with a sophmore. This left the freshman with only one choice, hook up with the 8th graders. And you know what, they all did it. Now that i'm a sophmore, I refuse to touch any freshman chicks. It doesn't matter if how hot they may be, someone has to take a stand to solve this problem. If it means no poontang for me, so be it. The problem lies in how incredibly easy younger girls are. They practically hand themselves over to older guys.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest, something that has annoyed me since, a long time ago.

On topic now, if you are an athletic person, try out for a sport. But not football.(usually the most competitive sport with tons and tons of people) Pick a less competitive sport, one where you don't have to have played it your whole life to be able to make the team, and fewer people are on it. Sports are a great way to meet friends. I'm in soccer, and while no one on the team will ever be one of my best friends, I hang out with them occasionally, talk in the halls, stuff like that.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
konstantine77 said:
Bleh, I hate people who do this.

When I was a freshman, every girl in my grade was with a sophmore. This left the freshman with only one choice, hook up with the 8th graders. And you know what, they all did it. Now that i'm a sophmore, I refuse to touch any freshman chicks. It doesn't matter if how hot they may be, someone has to take a stand to solve this problem. If it means no poontang for me, so be it. The problem lies in how incredibly easy younger girls are. They practically hand themselves over to older guys.
You need a life... :rolleyes:

---

Anyways, i'm also going into High-school (grade 10), and I, personally can not wait. I plan to make these next 3 years, some of the best of my life.

I already have been guaranted by my great aunt that I will have the money to go into Law school at the end of grade 12, so I plan to keep my grades above average (I am very good in school), and just finish high and dry.

I plan to party, and I plan to ****ing getting a steady girlfriend for once.

Once school starts I am also going to go up to the gym near here, and I recommend you also start working out. It isn't hard. Go to the gym, and work out for 40 minutes after school. Bike/walk/drive home and eat supper. Then just do whatever you need to do afterwards. It really isn't a proplem, plus if you can get some muscle on you'll have life ALOT easier. Trust me on this one.

Best answers
going to law school right after you graduate... impressive.

highschool is nothing to worry about. theres absolutely nothing to worry about... except for the uhhhh, continuous wedgie spammage. jk, high schools fun and live it up.

womp womp.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cyfore said:
going to law school right after you graduate... impressive.

highschool is nothing to worry about. theres absolutely nothing to worry about... except for the uhhhh, continuous wedgie spammage. jk, high schools fun and live it up.

womp womp.
Ya, but i'll most likely take a year off to work and just have fun. I'm still worried as **** though. I don't wanna mess up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom