Going faster while swooping...

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Here's something I just thought of -- Going even faster while swooping. Here's how it would work:
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
Description
[/align]
While you are swooping (double-tapping I assume), if you (and I'm still thinking on this), either press turbo, or double-tap again, your character will go 2x as fast, kinda like what Vegetto did with Buu, but it won't be a teleport, it's just an extreme amount of speed to where it looks like the character vanished, but is actually moving extremely fast, but will also take up an extreme amount of KI to do.

[align=center]Visual Effects[/align]
[align=left]When a person does this technique, he'll become either 60%, or 80% transparent, and from the point the character started the technique, you'll see teh after-image or the "dots" like in previous versions, this will also happen when he re-appears, either when the character runs out of KI, or decides to stop.[/align]
[align=left][/align]

This just popped into my head so I haven't really thought about what the spam rating of this would be. I'll continue to think about it, while I get some comments on it. :)
[align=left][/align]

Thanks.

*Edit* If this has been suggested before, then i'm sorry, the search option has never been my greatest of friends. lol

Best answers
its the same thing as tele...except for being able to do it in a swoop....and it would seirously be spammed.....when swooping in mellee now u are able to see the person that is swooping at you...which gives u time to react and makes it fair for everyone...if u want to get to your enemy faster i suggest using tele...rapidly...your swoop idea is more of a tele while wooping idea...it makes u go super fast...while swooping(just like tele does...because it doesnt actually teleport you..it just mvoes u SUPER FAST so that it looks like a tele..)so the only real diff between your swoop idea and what we already have is that u will be able to do it while swooping..which has been suggested before...if u want something close to your faster swooping idea....u should tone down the power of it...dont make it so fast...make it maybe add 30 pts of speed to you character while performing the swoop..and even then it wouldnt really be of use...because all it does is gets u to a guy faster....but at the cost of ki...which if 2 people swoop head on(im referring to 1.2) your gonna go into a mellee PS and your gonna need the ki to win the PS...even in the 1.1 version it wouldnt really have use..because head on swoops are based on who has the higher ki bar...(as it stands now)...so its real only use would be to get u away from someone really fast or to get u away from a beam..and even in those cases u can still always tele...

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I kinda see the point, but if I recall in 1.1 and I'm not sure about1.2, while your swooping you can't really do anything except hold secondary fire down, and aim to where you gotta go. The only way you could teleport is stop your swoop, and then press the teleport button, which slows you down before you do your teleport. Plus, teh teleport takes up ALOT of KI, this method would use less, but you wouldn't be moving AS fast as teleport.

I think that this would probably only work as a surprise attack, not using it to just get somewhere in a hurry, but who knows. And since the teleport has a fixed distance, here you could control how far you would "teleport".

Best answers
i like the decide how far u teleport...but how would people decide that???would it depend on how long u hold the button?...also if u do the swoop,stopswoop,and tele...u can actually blend it into a very smooth move...and get it to loose very little speed..u just gotta practice alot...and thats kinda the point of it...if u make it that easy then any noob can do it..and there no point in the swoop,stop,and tele manuevure...people who do that have to practice it...inorder to get good...and thats what i like in a game...where everyone has to practice to get good and master things....if u add a mvoe that lets u tele as far as you want without putting in the effort then its kinda like using the easy way out...and it isnt fair to the people who have spent time practicing the moves...

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Come to think of it. If this were added, it would add more concentration for moving, since your moving so fast, you gotta react really fast, which in turn, should make the game more challenging. Unlike using teleport, you'll see where they will go. With this, you'll see only two teleport after-images (or sprites), one at the source, and one at the destination.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KrazyKilla said:
While you are swooping (double-tapping I assume), if you (and I'm still thinking on this), either press turbo, or double-tap again, your character will go 2x as fast
yeah ... but if you double-tap forward and release the forwardbutton then you stop swooping ...

I think if this would be possible, everyone would use it at startup ... then noone would have an advantage as well ... so it's just waste of time to code this and press 4 times to swoop instead of 2 times
the whole swoop got slower cause of the 6-direction-swoop
everything seems to be ok with the current swooping system ... what about you test the system before you bother it ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom