Gohan did kamehameha in saiyan saga?!?!

Best answers
Alright.. This doesnt make sense to me. I was watching the episode

"Stop Vegeta Now!" number 25.

And gohan was fighting vegeta and he did kamehameha!?!? WTF?!?! i thought he learned it in Cell saga in hyperbolic time chamber... explain.

Best answers
i always thought gohan new how to do kameha when he was younger.
-offtopic, welcome to the team, lol.

Best answers
Offtopic-oh hehe...thanks

Anyways, ya he did it.. but it was yellow and he was in the Masenko stance.. it didnt make any sense... i was like wtf?...

If he did, he could have pwned Frieza with it, when he was in his 3rd form. Remember when gohan like tweaked hes like "IVE HAD ENOUGH OF...YOU!!!!!!!!!!!" and almost killed him.. if that had'a been a kamehameha... it woulda have been over there. I think it was a mistake :S

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its called crappy dub, he did the masenko but the dub said Kamehameha

Best answers
it wasnt dubbed dude... it was english version i heard him utter the words "kamehame...HA!"

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah its probably crappy funimation mistake

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Son|Gohan said:
it wasnt dubbed dude... it was english version i heard him utter the words "kamehame...HA!"

Just so you know the "English Version" is dubbed. English isn't the original language of the anime.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
funi made a few mistake i e takin out swear words and making like a kids programe

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...Those weren't mistakes though, they meant to do that.

And lol.. yes, any episode you watch in english= a dub.

During the early episodes they did silly things like that. The first time Gohan does a masenko, they had him shout "POWERBEAM!" I guess Funi figured the American viewers JUST COULDN'T HANDLE THAT CRAZY JAP-TALK! Oh, but wait, they kept Kamehameha (a much larger and weirder word.) Except they didn't really say it right... "KAMAYAAAAAA.... MAYAAAA!!!!"

And yeah, the censorship.
*pods crash through buildings*
"Too bad it's a Sunday or those buildings would be full of people!" So glad you know Earth's work schedule, Vegeta. Somebody might've gotten hurt.

*Nappa destroys city*
Reporter: "The city has been reduced to rubble. LUCKILY THE ENTIRE CITY WAS EVACUATED BEFOREHAND!" In the space of five minutes

*Yajirobe slices Vegeta's back*
"You... you almost cut through my armor!" Probobly the most cornball line they gave us. If he didn't even make it through your armor WHY ARE YOU GRABBING AT YOUR BACK AND FALLING OVER UNCONCIOUS?! Was that too close of a call for you!?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rofl hitikori, that's some pretty funny stuff. Never thought of that last vegeta line.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen, guys.

Toei Animation, the company who created it, made a mistake.
Nobody taught Gohan to do a Kamehameha before the room of spirit and time.

In the JAPANESE version, he holds up his hands, charges up a yellow beam, and says "Kameha..MEHA!" and fires it.

The attack is obviously meant to be a Masenko, but Toei had the voiceactor say Kamehameha. Funimation just had their voiceactor do the same--say Kamehameha.

Yes, Goku never taught it to him, and Piccolo certainly didn't.

I made a clip of it, if anybody doesn't believe me that does indeed say Kamehameha, in the japanese version.

And Hit, just so you know..

Kamehameha is a pun.

Kame-Hame-Ha means "attack of the turtle house,"

and the actual word "Kamehameha" was the name of a Hawaiian king who unified the islands into one nation. King Kamehameha. That's why the attack is named after him, because it takes the power in your entire body, and consolidates into one single spot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Listen, guys.

Toei Animation, the company who created it, made a mistake.
Nobody taught Gohan to do a Kamehameha before the room of spirit and time.

In the JAPANESE version, he holds up his hands, charges up a yellow beam, and says "Kameha..MEHA!" and fires it.

The attack is obviously meant to be a Masenko, but Toei had the voiceactor say Kamehameha. Funimation just had their voiceactor do the same--say Kamehameha.

Yes, Goku never taught it to him, and Piccolo certainly didn't.

I made a clip of it, if anybody doesn't believe me that does indeed say Kamehameha, in the japanese version.

And Hit, just so you know..

Kamehameha is a pun.

Kame-Hame-Ha means "attack of the turtle house,"

and the actual word "Kamehameha" was the name of a Hawaiian king who unified the islands into one nation. King Kamehameha. That's why the attack is named after him, because it takes the power in your entire body, and consolidates into one single spot.
all so true and well said SailorAlea! Its not a move you really have to learn but if you can control your power any Z fighter can do it, its like doing a back flip not every one can do one but anyone can learn just from doing it.

Best answers
Ok... But that just caught me off guard.. the first saga of dbz had alot of mistakes, they got back on track in frieza saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom