Best answers
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he will have to change some animations

Best answers
SV your Gogeta looks great! The skin and model are top notch.
I really like the work you've been pulling out your ass this last couple of weeks. It's amazing.

I do have a crit for this one. To me Gogeta still looks like a boy. I know you already tried thickening his neck muscles and giving him a longer jaw. But i suggest you go all out on it, so that we can really see a change.
It'll definetely give him more of a though guy look.

This is what it should roughly look like imo.

Edit:

also maybe broaden his shoulders. There are alot of screenshots in this thread and it definetely shows him having a pretty huge chest.

But hey, i'm still loving it SV. It'd like to see you make a normal Gogeta too and maybe some what if transformations like ssj2 or 3. Not a suggestion though, i'd just love it IF you decided to do it.

Best answers
That picture really captures Gogeta!

If he put on 20 kilos...:S

Compare your little edit with an actual ref of Ssj4 Gogeta.

it looks utterly and completely wrong.

Best answers
That picture really captures Gogeta!

If he put on 20 kilos...:S

Compare your little edit with an actual ref of Ssj4 Gogeta.

it looks utterly and completely wrong.
Look at the picture of him some post above yours.
And see that actual proportions like the distance between mouth and chin and thickness of neck muscles are quite correct. I didn't take the time to make it look good, so yes he kind of looks chubby. But all i care about are the proportions.

Best answers
Much love Sv! I haven't been seeing the updates but yea its looking great. one thing is that when i look at the ears they seem off center....like not even with eachother but idc i just like the model. It could be me. :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
TRL, I made the model, but thanks anyway I guess, and I wouldn't go too much off the show refs because they change a lot, here is the toriyama draw sheet I used for the face size, hope it helps.

Best answers
@Legend

What do you mean by "proportions"

You speak like it only applies to the length of the jaw, and not the width.

If you're going to lengthen the jaw, you're going to have to reduce the width of his face in order to keep his head from looking completely bloated.

His jaw could be a little longer, but its not that big of an issue.

Edit: Eclipse, I'm pretty sure Toriyama didnt design that, considering he didnt design ssj4, and the one sketch he did do had a different feel to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SV, whats with the line in the middle of his face? Did you leave it there on purpose?

Best answers
I cant see past the jawline that looks like absolute rubbish.

If you compare scenes from the Anime with the model sheet, the proportions of his face are quite different, animators (and Toei especially) use them as more of a guide than anything else.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks TRL, I think you over did it just a bit in your drawover, but I did fix it as much as I could, the model does have limitations and I think I took it to the max, with the neck at least.
I did took the jaw down a bit too, dont forget that every change I make on the SSJ4 has to be applied on the SSJ form as well, and by making the jaw longer on the SSJ form it contrasted the ref Eclipse used, which was posted a few pages behind, but meh...it's gotta stay consistent, so I balanced it out:

I really hope that did the trick, I get the feeling that if I'll play around with it more I'll definatly ruin the accurate shape.

The_Real_Legend said:
also maybe broaden his shoulders. There are alot of screenshots in this thread and it definetely shows him having a pretty huge chest.
I'm afraid thats something I cant do...touching his shoulders could mess with the rig and hurt the deformation ingame ;x

The_Real_Legend said:
It'd like to see you make a normal Gogeta too and maybe some what if transformations like ssj2 or 3. Not a suggestion though, i'd just love it IF you decided to do it.
That probably wont happen :x Eclipse and I are kind of against forms that didnt exist in the DB universe for certain characters.
Either way, Vegeta has only 2 spots so far in 1.3, so SSJ and SSJ4 will have to do for now ^_^

Basslover722 said:
Much love Sv! I haven't been seeing the updates but yea its looking great. one thing is that when i look at the ears they seem off center....like not even with eachother but idc i just like the model. It could be me.
Ears are perfectly centered with each other, I can tell by looking at the side view. ;]

Mirai_no_Trunks said:
get rid of that lightwave !
And what are you talking about? =p

SSJ5 Paul - You'll have to be a bit more specific about what you see wrong

CrackerJack said:
SV, whats with the line in the middle of his face? Did you leave it there on purpose?
You mean on the forehead? yeah it should be like a facial detail, I'll get rid of it I guess..

Anyways, Eclipse and I decided that this jaw tweak was a mistake, it kind of ruined the Gogeta look in our opinion and I'm probably going to try and edit it back to the way it was...

Best answers
Thanks for showing me the ref, Eclipse. It's great.
But in that pic you still see that the neck starts right about under his ears, which isn't the case with your model, which makes him look alot younger. The jaw is pretty much ok then i guess but could do with being a little less round and more rectangular.
Anyway awesome model Clipse.

Best answers
Hey I havent posted here in a while but I still check the forums once in a while. There were a few things bugging me with the texture I had to comment on. Hope you dont mind.

1. The hair needs some more lights and darks. SSJ4 Gogeta I think looks evil. Yours just looks a tad to bright to me.

2. Also with his pecs. On alot of the screenshots it looks like his pecs busted thru that fur. I think the creases need to be there. Gives it a better appearance.

3. Just a little more dark around the eyes.

Here is my ****ty drawover. :)

Best answers
don't know if that's allready said before
but:
the forearm is bigger than the biceps..

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey Metro, thanks for the drawover man

1. The hair looks nice in your drawover, but I dont think it would be possible to achive that effect in the way I uvmapped the hair...
And making it any darker could look weird ingame.
HL will add all the needed shadows ingame anyways, what I can do is add a bit more contrast =o if that will do any good.

2. Indeed you are right, I'll add the crease on the chest but only at the center, if following the sheet above. ;]

3. Humm, not so sure about that one

I tried to make it look the same as in this reference...meh, I guess I'll make it just a little bit thicker.

Thanks for the crits everyone =] just got a bit of a headache here so I'll leave the fixes for tomorrow or something.
You can leave more crits :p if you have some xD

Last shot for today:

The face proportions are pretty much final, I kept the neck thickness but reduced the jaw to match the old look, I think it looks balanced enough.

d4v1d - Two things, first it has been discussed before, length of the biceps is pretty big, yes, it was made that way on purpose so it will fit to the ESF Goku skeleton, the model was built by it.
Two, the forearms look short in those SSJ4 Gogeta shots simply cause the wristband covers them up, it doesnt mean it stops there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom