GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like Canadians. Almost every Canadian I've come in contact with has expressed their hatred for Americans.

USA beat Canada in almost every category, anyway.
When making comments like these, the hatred is understandable. I have to admit though, even if most of my experiences with Americans online and in real life have been quite good, I am starting to detest how things are run in that country. To be frank, I consider it to be quite inhuman actually. I blame conservatives.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When making comments like these, the hatred is understandable. I have to admit though, even if most of my experiences with Americans online and in real life have been quite good, I am starting to detest how things are run in that country. To be frank, I consider it to be quite inhuman actually. I blame conservatives.
You can only blame yourself for how you live your life.... Til you get a chance to blame the government...

Best answers
I hate all the people who generalize.

lol

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I love it when people are contrary for the sake of being funny. One of the only things that still makes me laugh is when people are way off the mark.

Having said that, I don't, generally, follow professional hockey, but even I found this particular bout fun to watch. Congratulations to the Canadian men's and women's hockey teams, and to all the Canadian athletes for setting a record for the number of golds earned!
I can't say the same about hockey in Canada, but I know for a long time hockey in the U.S was near extinction. I'm not sure about how it is now since I don't care for, nor do I follow hockey, but I know a few years ago it was all over the news how hockey was going under because apparently no one liked it.

So when people ask if people care about hockey now, it's a pretty valid question. I would have asked the same thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have never encountered a Canadian person I would characterize as an "*******". Not to suggest they don't exist. It just seems to me that Canadian *******s are less vocal than U.S.A. *******s. Simultaneously, the US, after WW2, has acted as world police, which means every nation in the world in essence sees them as a giant stepping on the little man. This does not help their image. Recently, the citizens of the U.S.A. decided to elect a man named George W. Bush, arguably one of the worst presidents ever known to man - because fear makes you stupid. To Europeans unused to terrorist attacks, it just looks like Americans are stupid people who want to go to war with everyone, but it's not a situation we can relate to in the same way.

And you, conspiracy theorist; stop blaming England for everything. It's you who listened to Adam Smith in 1776.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't say the same about hockey in Canada, but I know for a long time hockey in the U.S was near extinction. I'm not sure about how it is now since I don't care for, nor do I follow hockey, but I know a few years ago it was all over the news how hockey was going under because apparently no one liked it.

So when people ask if people care about hockey now, it's a pretty valid question. I would have asked the same thing.
It's widely followed in Canada. It'd be like pitching the line "People follow the NFL, now?" to a good number of folks in the US (and Canada, I might add, despite the presence of the CFL). Granted, it's probably not as big an industry, here (if what you said about the US barely following professional hockey is true), but people get "into" it to a similar extent.

I don't generally consider it the best question (or the best way of posing that question, at least) as it neglects (or ignores) the popularity of a sport in a different country, or even a different part of the same country that the person who asked it resides in.

Best answers
I find this funny. Because over here... the majority of people I talk to blame the liberals. Obama and that ***** Pelosi in particular. I myself blame ignorance.... which means I can't pick one particular party, as they both have had their **** ups. But in my eyes, its the libs that have had the edge on royally ****ing up. Just saying.

OH and back on topic? Sydney Crosby can suck my left nut. I don't know of ANYONE who likes him besides a Penguin fan.a ... Or I guess a Canadian in this case.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think you guys are quite right..
You shouldn't judge someone by seeing he's from Canada or England ... Look.. Even if in my country(bulgaria) most of the people are Turkey and most of them are pissing me off, that doesn't mean everyone's like that. people say that with who you hang with you become the same as him
But I don't quite think like that. I may live among lowlifes but I don't find myself like them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom