GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES CANADA JUST WON THE GOLD FOR MEN'S HOCKEY!!!!!!

One hell of a game and one hell of a way to close up the final day!!!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People care about hockey now?
I love it when people are contrary for the sake of being funny. One of the only things that still makes me laugh is when people are way off the mark.

Having said that, I don't, generally, follow professional hockey, but even I found this particular bout fun to watch. Congratulations to the Canadian men's and women's hockey teams, and to all the Canadian athletes for setting a record for the number of golds earned!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tshhhhhhhhhhhhh **** Canada!!!! I really need to follow the olympics T_____T

People care about hockey now?
Seeing as how this is a thread dedicated to hockey, I'm going to assume that people do, in fact, care about hockey.

Last edited:
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just be glad it's not "YES CANADA JUST WON THE GOLD FOR MEN'S CURLING!!!!!!" instead.
Being someone who followed the men's curling tournament from start to finish, I feel obliged and honor-bound to say:

YES! CANADA WON THE GOLD FOR MEN'S CURLING!!!!!!

It was a fun match to watch, as Norway was really pulling their weight throughout the tournament, as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being someone who followed the men's curling tournament from start to finish, I feel obliged and honor-bound to say:

YES! CANADA WON THE GOLD FOR MEN'S CURLING!!!!!!

It was a fun match to watch, as Norway was really pulling their weight throughout the tournament, as well.
*shivers*

Best answers
14 gold medals, if only I could've gotten a ticket to go see any events.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like Canadians. Almost every Canadian I've come in contact with has expressed their hatred for Americans.

USA beat Canada in almost every category, anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People keep going on and on about how Canada has the most Gold Medals and most any country has ever had.... but my question is.... And they are still losing?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like Canadians. Almost every Canadian I've come in contact with has expressed their hatred for Americans.

I suppose it's fair to extrapolate a population of ~30 million based on your interactions with, I'm guessing, fewer than a dozen members of that population.

I'm Canadian, and I know and respect a lot of American people I've met (many of which are in this community). I don't "hate Americans" as a rule of thumb, as you seem to suggest. As a matter of fact, nobody I know, personally, does. We have our share of concerns - even criticisms - about some of the closed-minded attitudes that some outspoken groups of Americans have, but going as far as to call it hatred is unnecessary. Many of the people who express those criticisms also level them at portions of Canada, too.

I will tell you whom I do express a profound dislike for, though: people who generalize. You label every Canadian as an American-hater and then proceed to point your finger at people like me for overstating our case? Ridiculous! You even go as far as to throw in a jab to suggest that Canada shouldn't be proud of setting a record for gold medals earned. Yes, the US claimed more medals than any other country - you should be very proud of your athletes (even if you didn't bother to watch the Games). But let us be equally proud of ours.

Deathshot said:
People keep going on and on about how Canada has the most Gold Medals and most any country has ever had.... but my question is.... And they are still losing?
Traditionally, it was the country that earned the most gold medals that was said to have "won" the Olympic games. That was, since, changed and it is now the country with the most medals, overall, that "wins". The US should be proud of their athletes. They performed VERY well in many sports and earned a lot of accolades along the way. But, as I just said above, why is Canada not allowed to be proud of their athletes for having set a record for gold medals earned? Of the US citizens I've met, many of them are more than happy to show a lot of pride in what their neighbors have earned, even if it's not the height of achievement. Is it so wrong for people in Canada to do the same?

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers

Pot, kettle.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here is a little thing I heard on the radio today and it made me chuckle. Sure USA got more silver and bronze but if you put all that tin in a bucket gold still outweighs that bucket of Tin! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom