Girls and Video Games Just Dont Mix ?

Best answers
Jakut said:
My sister likes the GTA series and the NFS series o_O
tell her to call me :smile: :yes: :D

I still don't understand why guys care so much anyway. If more girls were to get into the gaming industry, how exactly would it effect you in a postive manner ? Why should you care ? -- Im sensing loneliness and a strong lack of love interest from threads like these.
someones PSMing obviously, why do u care about what it has to do with :rolleyes:

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Babyboy said:
someones PSMing obviously, why do u care about what it has to do with :rolleyes:
In case you didn't know, Babyboy, accusing a girl of 'PMSing' because she disagrees with you is called being a sexist. And, up there with being a racist, that's pretty much one of the worst things you can do on any forum built on respect.

You've been here long enough to know that that sort of behaviour doesn't work, so take your warning and enjoy it. :warning:

Now, back on topic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think a lot of guys want girls to be gamers, because then it'd be easier to connect.

I think I speak for a lot of guys when I say that we get frustrated sometimes when we're unable to really communicate with a girl, especially if it's a girl we're interested in.

Best answers
Who cares.

A gamer is a gamer.

Though dont ever think a girl doesn't want to at least try a game, because most do...at least once.

Just depends who she is trying the game with.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Punisher said:
I still don't understand why guys care so much anyway. If more girls were to get into the gaming industry, how exactly would it effect you in a postive manner ? Why should you care ? -- Im sensing loneliness and a strong lack of love interest from threads like these.
It's not lack of love or "we're nerds so we can't get girls".

It's more like, we'd have something to talk about, something to relate to. I personally would love it if more female's played video games not so I can go "OMG ASL PX CYBR? LOL" Or say "You live in Arizona? ME TOO! well more like colorado but it's only a 20 hour drive we should hook up sometime!!!!!" but more like "Hey wanna go play some SSBM?" "sure FP i'd love to" or something.

Gives us guys something else to talk about with girls other than clothes, fashion, other guys (>.<) and other girls, gossip that whole thing.

I mean what are the two things guys talk about most with other guys: Video games....and sports.

Girls: clothes, other people.

And as of yet, most guys aren't too sure what to talk to girls about. At least something they're comfortable with anyway.

And I'll admit, having a girl friend who can play video games as well or better than I can was a lot of fun. She also drove a stick which made the relationship last a good month or two longer I'm sure, but video games are always a plus :)

:EDIT:

LOL Kurt, my sister did the same thing with the sims. She'd lock them in room with no windows or lights, no nothing, so they'd basically just die.

Then there were times where there was nothing in the room other than a fridge and a stove.... and no cooking skills. You can guess what happened next. Haha.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
It's not lack of love or "we're nerds so we can't get girls".

It's more like, we'd have something to talk about, something to relate to. I personally would love it if more female's played video games not so I can go "OMG ASL PX CYBR? LOL" Or say "You live in Arizona? ME TOO! well more like colorado but it's only a 20 hour drive we should hook up sometime!!!!!" but more like "Hey wanna go play some SSBM?" "sure FP i'd love to" or something.

Gives us guys something else to talk about with girls other than clothes, fashion, other guys (>.<) and other girls, gossip that whole thing.

I mean what are the two things guys talk about most with other guys: Video games....and sports.

Girls: clothes, other people.

And as of yet, most guys aren't too sure what to talk to girls about. At least something they're comfortable with anyway.

And I'll admit, having a girl friend who can play video games as well or better than I can was a lot of fun. She also drove a stick which made the relationship last a good month or two longer I'm sure, but video games are always a plus :)
-- Roflmao!! I see now, i suppose that's all rather understandable-- infact, i wish guys would be alot more interested in holding lengthy semi-intellectual discourses on the
" Craze of the Moment"-- i would love to see a guy i could relate too regarding that. I guess i can sorta correspond with the desire to relate more.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My sister loves to play MOHAA...Pokemon Snap..Sims... she likes Mario Kart And Mario Party games...

I don't think It's the romance and crap like that...I actually don't think it has anything to do with Gender...It's all about mindset...

My dad seems to think that a guy and a girl can't be friends unless they're dating...

I'm friends with alot of girls...3 of them anime fans and video game fans..

It has nothing to do with gender...it's just..some like it some don't...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are all fools. Girls, at least generally speaking, just despise anything that holds our attention besides them. Rare exceptions abound but that's about it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
You guys are all fools. Girls, at least generally speaking, just despise anything that holds our attention besides them. Rare exceptions abound but that's about it.
And we're fools how? And when did any of us say anything negative about you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats a girl? Are they downloadable? D:

---

Some of my chick friends are the typical "OMFG CNT GET UN2 MYSPACE DIS IZZZZ STUPEEEED MY LYF IZ RUINDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and/or shopping crazy.

But, alas! I still have chick friends that somewhat play games. And yes, they are very hard to find.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Babyboy said:

And your the one buying it...whos the fool here :rolleyes:
Oh is this an anti-ps3 thread? I don't think it is. That means posts like that have no place here.

I hardly think Pride meant anything by his first comment. Any more of this BS will result in warnings.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Whats a girl? Are they downloadable? D:
:yes: :yes: :yes:

I know a select few of girls who enjoy video games, but the majority just don't take it to the extent that guys do, like Soul Punisher said. I can't really think of a realistic way to have a game where both guys and girls would flock to, but it is more than possible to make a game that a guy would like while still catering to the interest of girls.

And for he girls that are interested in video games, they're already screwed since the game market usually targets a guy's interest since they seem to be the larger audience.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It leads also to the annoying issue of stereotyping us gamers in the process of pinpointing our demographic. They seem to think we are all nerdy dudes who can't get laid, lately moreso than ever. You're very right that they target male interests, but sometimes I can't help but feel they see us as a bunch of desperate pervs who want to blow stuff up. Some companies see us one way and others see us another way, though, so it varies from company to company, game to game. I still don't like it though.

Not that I want them to make games for girls. I think they should just make games. If girls want to play them fine. Targeting girls would be almost as stupid as exclusively targeting us guys (which, as I said, they already make a habit of doing). They'd all be pink and all barbie-fied and lame and then the girls wouldn't like them anyway.

This is still irrelevant, though. I've known girls who've looked at the screen during some of the most intense moments in recent video game memory and seemed to not even acknowledge that it could even be an enjoyable experience. One girl I knew, I could SWEAR that she just couldn't even see a game being played on a screen--she always seemed to treat it as if the monitor or tv was just blank.

And as far as liking games goes, that's one thing. What the hell is up with so many girls HATING games? My ex was talking to me on the phone the other night and she wanted to come by for a visit, and I was playing Warcraft 3 with my bud. We'd finished a round and we were about to go again, so I told the girl, "Well let me play this game and then we'll meet up." She was all like "I don't get it...didn't you just play it?" And this is a girl who is fairly knowledgable and understanding about games, even likes to watch some. Most girls I know think it's horrible that I would even consider playing a game with people online or at a LAN, rather than go out someplace or something. But hey, this is my first love. Far as I'm concerned, any girl who wants me to change that can go to hell.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It leads also to the annoying issue of stereotyping us gamers in the process of pinpointing our demographic. They seem to think we are all nerdy dudes who can't get laid, lately moreso than ever. You're very right that they target male interests, but sometimes I can't help but feel they see us as a bunch of desperate pervs who want to blow stuff up. Some companies see us one way and others see us another way, though, so it varies from company to company, game to game. I still don't like it though.

Not that I want them to make games for girls. I think they should just make games. If girls want to play them fine. Targeting girls would be almost as stupid as exclusively targeting us guys (which, as I said, they already make a habit of doing). They'd all be pink and all barbie-fied and lame and then the girls wouldn't like them anyway.

This is still irrelevant, though. I've known girls who've looked at the screen during some of the most intense moments in recent video game memory and seemed to not even acknowledge that it could even be an enjoyable experience. One girl I knew, I could SWEAR that she just couldn't even see a game being played on a screen--she always seemed to treat it as if the monitor or tv was just blank.

And as far as liking games goes, that's one thing. What the hell is up with so many girls HATING games? My ex was talking to me on the phone the other night and she wanted to come by for a visit, and I was playing Warcraft 3 with my bud. We'd finished a round and we were about to go again, so I told the girl, "Well let me play this game and then we'll meet up." She was all like "I don't get it...didn't you just play it?" And this is a girl who is fairly knowledgable and understanding about games, even likes to watch some. Most girls I know think it's horrible that I would even consider playing a game with people online or at a LAN, rather than go out someplace or something. But hey, this is my first love. Far as I'm concerned, any girl who wants me to change that can go to hell.

I agree with you 100% on that right there. They should just make games, not target certain genders.

And whoever thinks we're nerdy pervs who only want sex and video games and sex in video games or girls that dress like whores has another thing coming.

I haven't gotten laid in 34 years. =/ Will someone go out with me?!?!?!?!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It leads also to the annoying issue of stereotyping us gamers in the process of pinpointing our demographic. They seem to think we are all nerdy dudes who can't get laid, lately moreso than ever.
I know, I mean come on, I get laid all the time, and I play WoW.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I know, I mean come on, I get laid all the time, and I play WoW.
I got laid while I was playing WoW, but of course I had to stop...was hard to stop playing WoW...

Girls just dont care like somone said up there, just as long as they can get your attention some how.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
i dont think it's because she doesnt like games that she said didnt you just play it.. but i think more because she wanted your company.. i guess she wanted you to set her more as a priority at that time

Best answers
I met my ex via a game (at that time, she was the girlfriend of a clanmate of mine, but she also played from time to time (DoD)).. Was with her for a year, then we broke up.

So yea.. Girls do play games.. Quite a few girls play games actually, you just got to find them ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom