Getting rid of that annoying PS2 Problem... PERMANENTLY

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the tip (Sorry for the double-post, though I dont think anyone but me will
try and resume the topic), This thing acctually works (though I dont see how the heck
placing peices of tape on top of a CD will make it balanced. There is no weight
diffrence... I think, or maybe just a little, anyway this definately works. My Xenosaga
is *** though. It was running for a bit then it froze and refused to play from there on
:\ I need to resume the game again, I beat it but I accidentally deleted my latest data
thinking it was the old ones >_<

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can adjust the height of the lens, what you do is:

open it up, take away the cd protection thing, and under that somewhere near the back is a white little cog, that adjusts the distance between the CD and the lens, i tried it on mine but it still didnt work,

apparently if non of these fixes work, its actually the lens is having power supply problems, to fix that u gotta pay sum1 to do it, otherwise u cud mess things up bigtime.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thing acctually works (though I dont see how the heck
placing peices of tape on top of a CD will make it balanced. There is no weight
diffrence... I think, or maybe just a little, anyway this definately works.
The magic is in the extra thickness, not balancing. You are preventing balance problems caused by the tape by having two of equal length.

The problem here is the grip the spindle clamp has. As it gets older, the magnetic lock it has gets weaker, eventually the disks slip, then clatter in the tray.

Even though the tape is very thin, it takes up the slack from the wear and fixes the problem.

Best answers
o i had the same prblem with mine and about 3 of my friends ps2. I read how to fix and all and it worked for all of there ps2. It helps when you turn the little cog because sometimes the lens can read the disk if it is tilted down more or up.

all i did was open the ps2 and clean the lens with a cotton ball and some robbing alcholoe(searious to) then turn the little cog two turns to the right and then test it. if it doesnt work turn it two times the other way. make sure to test it so it works with music cds, dvds, and the blue bttom disks.

it worked for me and hopefully it will work for you.

add

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i had the same prob u cant fix it but u can get a cheaper ps2 i think o_O in the back of ur game books theres some numbers i think actually then again half of u are in usa so i dont know if its the same one of them numbers is to sony i think tell them ur prob etc and they will more than likly send u a new ps2 for a cheaper price. cost me £60. ahhh them numbers in the back of each of ur game books are customer service numbers try phoning one u might get a cheaper ps2 :p not new tho its just reconditioned but it looks new ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom