GeForce 6800 Ultra

Best answers
So I was looking at Toms Hardware, and I read this pretty breathtaking article if you've been keeping your eye on the Graphics card wars.
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/index.html

Insane PERFORMANCE boost, this is an AGP card scoring over 12k in 3dMark, getting over 60 FPS in Halo with EVERYTHING maxed, including FSAA and Anisotorphic. Downside is it's a power eater, need at least a 480 PSU to hold this fatty. Post your comments, ATi is yet to release their benchmark info.

Best answers
Look at the article on Toms Hardware, you'll trust that. Toms hardware wouldn't lie on all those benchmarks you know.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only trust ingame benchmarks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I was watching an Unreal 3 Tech Demo video and they said they could only get their new technology to run with decent FPS on the GF6800 :X

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I don't trust Toms hardware either... :)

seems to me that this card is made for speed instead of quality.

Toms Hardware said:
But we have some grievances as well. For one thing, there's the disappointing shader quality
Toms Hardware said:
The Radeon 9800XT offers a higher image quality in Farcry
don't get me wrong, I think it's a good card, probably even better then the XT, but I just don't believe does benchmarks

Best answers
Wow, and they said the nVidiots were crazy, your all a buncha ATidiots :p.
But seriosuly, why would Tom's Hardware lie about a new card they got to test? That'll get them somewhere, especially since they've preferred ATi over nVidia for a while. Image quality issues an be easily fixed with drivers, which nVidia is best at.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would they lie? Because they've lied in the past.

When the 9700Pro first came out, they tested them both in different computers to make the ti 4600 look more powerful, even though the ati card still won. They insulted it's advanced anistropic filtering and they were just little pricks about the whole card. What makes you think they won't do the same for this?

Also, they sway the scores based on how much they're payed.

And I'm glad you found all this info after I helped you Tassy ;).

And oh yes, that score IS real. But I did some more research and found out it was at 800 by 600. The default resolution would have gotten about 11k-12k.

Also, that benchmark was with the 6800 NON ULTRA. Which only has 12 pixel pipelines compared to the Ultra's 16 ;).

Just wait for the R420's 16 pixel pipelines XT monster :D. It'll have 200 more mhz on the core and rumor has it, 1.6 Ghz memory. The 6800Ultra's clocks are: 400Mhz core/1.1 Ghz Memory.

Oh, and Gman. The reason for that is because one monster in U3 contains more data than a whole level in Ut2003.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've got a test of ati raiden vs nvidia geforce fx and ges who won, geforce fx ofcorce.
it has quality and speed while ati just look at the quality and low speed.
even a geforce fx 5700 can win from the newest ati cart.
you must remind 1 thing, nvidia is unbeateble, ati is useles agenst nvidia what ever they do.
trust me, i know.

Retired
Best answers
you have no idea how much money tomshardwareguide gets from developers, because it's such a big site and reviewer.. and because Tomshardwareguide is being looked at as non-biased..it is a site to watch out, and not blindly trust.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How much does the video card go for, I'm currently saving up for a new one, and if it is that good, It'll be what I buy. Unless of course it's $500, if it is, anyone know any other decent cards that are DX 9.0 compatible.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
i've got a test of ati raiden vs nvidia geforce fx and ges who won, geforce fx ofcorce.
you must remind 1 thing, nvidia is unbeateble, ati is useles agenst nvidia what ever they do.
trust me, i know.
That has to be the stupidest, most ignorant comment I've seen in any debate of ATI vs. nVidia.

The top ATI card at the moment, the 9800XT has beat all NVidia cards at almost every possible test, from the 5950FX and down. The 6800, having come out 2 or 3 days ago, I don't believe so.

Nvidia has been fighting an uphill battle against ATI, and they've been losing. Each new card they put out, ATI had an alternative which was faster and delivered higher image quality, due to its more adept use of DirectX9 applications and vertex shading.

The fact you seem to think a 5700FX can beat a 9800XT is just laughable, but I guess we can all "trust me, i know."

Nobody knows what the future will hold. The next ATI card comes out on the 21st and 23rd of this month, I believe. We'll see which is faster, and when the PCI express cards come out as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
trust me, i know.
Nvidia, unbeatable? They were sprawling for air a couple months ago after being strangled by the ati 9800Pro.

Also, the Nvidia GeForce FX 5700Non Ultra/Ultra/SE will NEVER beat a 9800XT. For one, the 5700 only has 4 pixel pipelines and 128 Bit memory compared to the 9800's 8 pixel pipelines and 256 bit memory. Arrogant Nvidiot.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Both companies have "cheated" on their drivers in the past, so I'm hesitant to believe either one. :p

That score does seem a bit high, but who knows. :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
That has to be the stupidest, most ignorant comment I've seen in any debate of ATI vs. nVidia.

The top ATI card at the moment, the 9800XT has beat all NVidia cards at almost every possible test, from the 5950FX and down. The 6800, having come out 2 or 3 days ago, I don't believe so.

Nvidia has been fighting an uphill battle against ATI, and they've been losing. Each new card they put out, ATI had an alternative which was faster and delivered higher image quality, due to its more adept use of DirectX9 applications and vertex shading.

The fact you seem to think a 5700FX can beat a 9800XT is just laughable, but I guess we can all "trust me, i know."

Nobody knows what the future will hold. The next ATI card comes out on the 21st and 23rd of this month, I believe. We'll see which is faster, and when the PCI express cards come out as well.
but you don't look further the 5700, a 5950 was and is never bin beated.
and nvidia has always bin a step ahead and stil is.
even the price is lower while the quality and the speed is way higher then the other cart's ever made.
only the onboord cart's from ati are better but the rest is nothing compere nvidia.

never under estemate a pc neurt :cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
but you don't look further the 5700, a 5950 was and is never bin beated.
and nvidia has always bin a step ahead and stil is.
even the price is lower while the quality and the speed is way higher then the other cart's ever made.
only the onboord cart's from ati are better but the rest is nothing compere nvidia.

never under estemate a pc neurt :cool:

The 5950 has been beaten a lot by the 9800XT. It's quality is horrible compared to the 9800XT, especially the antialiasing. You don't know what you're talking about ~_~.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are WRONG! WRONG WRONG WRONG, Niobe!

Here is ONE site's tests of ATI's Radeon 9800XT versus Nvidia's 5950FX.
Look at the results for yourself!

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/xt59/index3.htm

Or in case you're too lazy to be proven wrong, here!

Oh, what's that? The 5950 has been beaten, and several times?
What's that? You're full of crap and making up your own statistics? What's that, OWNED?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But it beat it in 3 out of 36 tests!! It is unstoppable!!!one

Retired
Best answers
what we dont want is an all out ATI vs Nvidia thread filled with fanboys.

keep it clean, no swearing etc, we'll be watching

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom