garrys mod crashes, (could be other games)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k well v9 crashed every now and then when minimizing it, but save for that so long as i kept it in the front i could host a game for hours, v10 however is a whole new monster.

me and my cousin both bought new computers, they are from different manufacturers BUT we both still have the same integrated nvidia 6150 something or another, the same exact one down to the model #, but he is not having these problems.

i have a 50/50 chance when switching tools that the game will just freeze, or crash generating a "hl2 has stopped working" error message.

if i have it fullscreen, it just freezes the whole machine and i have to do a hard boot, if i have it in windowed however it shows me more information, that it was a video hardware error, leading me to believe it is the graphics card causing the problem. yet at the same time, my cousin, using the exact same card as I am is running his game just fine.

its a tad annoying because, well his ISP gave him a ****ty router that he cant get into and forward the ports on, so i am the only one of us that can host a server for us,

its not a cheap fix for me either, if its buying a graphics card that will fix it. because this assclown of a computer only came with a 250w PSU, and even a HALF decent card requires at least 300. So I need to know if there is a sure fire way of knowing that it will fix it. im looking at 200 bucks or more here, and thats almost as much as i spent on the computer itself -_-.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This sounds rather similar to some problems I'm having. This happening with all source games? Is there looping/stuttering sound associated with it the black screen crashes?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, not all source games. at least not as frequent.

i played HL2 for 2 hours yesterday to prove this point, fire up gmod and it crashed within 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom