Gaming goodness.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a full 3d fps, it is only one level and it is only 96kb! The graphics are like something you would see in doom 3.

http://theprodukkt.com/

Download it and try it out.

Best answers
I know i've seen something like it somewhere before but I just can't put my foot on it. :yes:

Best answers
Question: how do they fit graphics like that into a 96 Kb file??

Runs just peachy on my system, and it's not bad. Not bad at all.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
impressed... :O

Retired
Best answers
it's obviously downloading during the load screen..

havent been able to play it tho cuz of sucky PC ;)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am also unable to play it because of not meeting the system requirements. Ah well

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just crashes durring the loading screen for me :/

Best answers
works laggy for me... but I guess its something cause many people cant run it at all :p

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played through it, got till the end (some elevator) and it said for the full thing, keep checking the website.

I'm using a 3GHz p4, and a Radeon 9800XT, and I was only getting 30-60FPS (checked with Fraps.)

The file is indeed 96kb, but somehow in actual RAM, it took up 300MB. Compression of that magnitude is very impressive.. The graphics don't seem THAT great, but it's very taxing. I'm more likely to believe that it's because of the compression then the graphics, but.. *shrug*

I made some FRAPS video clips of gameplay. If you want to see them because your system couldn't run it, IM me and I'll send you the clips.

P.S., It's NOT downloading during the loading screen. I exitted everything, checked the number of packets sent and received, started the program, played through, and the number hadn't changed through the loading screen. At all.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dunno windows said it couldnt run it guess my comp sux too much. but the pics look cool. sailor alea is just being negative again, so i suggest you play it yourself :p it looks quite fun

Fire Phoenix

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm being negative? No, my last post wasn't negative, but the following will be:

Learn how to read.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It's definitely not downloading, since programs have to get internet access from my firewall before they're allowed net access, and I didn't get any requests from the exe.

The graphcs are horrendous, but the fact that they compressed that into a 96k file leads me to believe they were experimenting with some new lossless file compression algortihm... I'll decompile it and edit this post with my findings.

Edit:

Well, it crashes my decompiler, so screw that.

There are no external maps, so the maps themselves are resident in the executable. If they stored the coordinates of all the vertices that make up every face in the levels inside the EXE, that could explain the long loading screen (outputting them to a temp folder and loading them as a map format, like a binary space partition).

Same thing with textures... and models...

I'm confused. >_<

Best answers
Another confirm on the no download thing; I have a server at work that I can check network activity on, there is none before during or after playing.

They must have some kind of bad-ass compression going on.

Also, a lot of the graphics could be logic or code instead of non-logic like textures and sprites. In fact, I don't remember seeing a sprite anywhere. But I'm not a coder, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people need to ditch this idea of moder games and start developing stuff for old hardware ;P Why am I always behind the times. Oh wait, I'm a college student ;P

-Karrde-

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ES_TANK said:
What game is this level for?

It's its own game. An entire level all in one 96kb file.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Is it just me, or did you guys notice enviromental bump mapping in this game? O_O...

I'm surprised they didn't add ragdoll physics. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom