*Game Mode* The Power meter war

Best answers
In this game mode, every character will not have HP. They can be HIT but cannot be KILLED. But they still have their actual KI and PL.

This game mode, The Powerstruggling War works like this.

1) This is a team game. There have to be at least 2 players inorder to play this game mode.
2) Your character will not have HP. Yet, can be hitted and cannot be killed.
3) At the bottom of the screen, there will be a power meter. From Left side BLUE to right side RED.
4) Each players from each team will start fighting. The more damage you deal to your opponents, the power meter will be pushed.
5) To win, you have to push the power meter all the way to the end.
6) After you win, a little cinematic will appear maybe if this is possible. (All the winners from the team stands together and charge their signature beam and fire at the losers.)
7) A new round begins.

Best answers
sounds like dbz legends to me. u kno the one from japan. sounds good but i dont kno about it fittin in esf. it would be hard in a game like esf cus people do rolls teleport constantly and and find other exploits to use against u. in a game like esf most fights wouldnt last very long the bar would be to their side in a matter of seconds

Best answers
Of course it is the same thing as DBZ Legends. But I consider that the greatest DBZ game ever created so, go figure. That's a good idea I guess... but instead of a cinematic, freeze the other team until everyone fires 1 beam.

DBZ Legends was all sprites o_O

Best answers
yea i also think legends is the best dbz game made. i still play it :laff: . it sounds like a good idea but i still dont think it would fit in esf but thats jus me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love it, it would be like team mode but instead of frags you have the power meter :)

After you win, a little cinematic will appear maybe if this is possible. (All the winners from the team stands together and charge their signature beam and fire at the losers.)
That won it for me.

The only problem I can forsee is the power meter would obstruct the beam-charging meter.

Best answers
Damn , sounds like a kickass idea!
In fact... Makes me wanna play ESF :O

Best answers
Great! Looks like many people likes this idea. If anyone have anything else to add, feel free to do so. Maybe this mode will get in ESF after all. Instead of CTDB mode which has been under experimental for many betas.

Ravendust : as for the Beam charging meter, we can put it somewhere else. Maybe, above the power war meter. Any suggestions from you? :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could have it on the score table screen (TAB) but I doubt you could get it animated in the same way the charge meters are now. You could also have it above the senzu-bean part of the HUD :)

EDIT: You'd have to have the meter work as a points spread, otherwise the meter would start at 0-0 and then as soon as one team got one point the meter would be full. You should be able to decide how much spread you want like you can wth frags in FFA. In this example I used a 4:1 point spread to illustrate 50%-50%, 25%-75% and 0%-100% on the meter:

Game starts:

Evil team soon get 75% more points as shown on the meter:

Evil team have got their 4:1 point spread and win the round.

This could lead to some long games, like 50-200 :O If the teams were equally matched the rounds would probably never end.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
You could have it on the score table screen (TAB) but I doubt you could get it animated in the same way the charge meters are now. You could also have it above the senzu-bean part of the HUD :)
Nice idea. Now how big would the meter be? Or how much would it move? Would it be 2 different colors? How long would it take to move the meter?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've posted some pics in my last post (edited) that should answer all your questions :)

DracoHeart, does it look like you imagined it?

Best answers
Ravendust said:
This could lead to some long games, like 50-200 :O If the teams were equally matched the rounds would probably never end.
Optional time limit ^_~
You can thank me later :p

Best answers
Ravendust said:
DracoHeart, does it look like you imagined it?
Maybe this will be a better idea for the locations of the beam meters.

Don't you think it is better for the Beam Charging Meter to be Vertical instead of Horizontal? Having the Beam Charging Vertically gives you the feeling of from 0% - 100% max. :]

So I did this little sketch using ms.paint. What do you think?

Once the power war meter is blue. The players in that team wins. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There has to be a difference between this mode and Team Deathmatch aside from a different display of 'who's winning'. Maybe the winning team get some advantages like increased PL gain.

Best answers
Well, the winning team shouldn't get anything. Just the score because as they are fighting, dealing damage, at the same time they will be earning PL. Besides, they can't die, so they won't have PL decrease. This mode perhaps will let every transform even faster than other modes like free for all or team vs team.

Best answers
how bout if you are hit you have a health like bar except it brings down your speed pl etc. that way you don't die but if your hurt your at a disadvantage

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom