Future Trunks UPL

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@J-Dude: I'm trying to help, i'm not crapping on your flow cuz its fun.
The reason why I didnt say anything about this guys polyflow is cuz he is doing this model for practice and will be cell-shaded. It takes some hard edges to get good shadows on cell-shaded models. Your model will probably move it its going to be in a 3d movie. So every wrong shadow will represent crappy flow, whilst with cell-shaded you can get away with it

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh dude...my model...IS...going to be...*cough* cell shaded...:D

Best answers
When I was modeling his pants, I used that image as visual ref...

As U can see, here thay are baggy... But well I could work a lil on pants polyflow... We'll see...

Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
Im not a fan of the polyflow either, the pants look rather messy in my opinion, folds are a tad unorginized.
I think he's pants are a bit too baggy too, Trunks didnt wear a gi or anything, just normal pants.
i cant agree, trunks had baggy pants, with lots of folds, and foldw are suposed to be unorganized : ]

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but your pants are way more baggy then the picture you posted above, and Nataku, if you dont agree about the folds being unorginized, check the picture Ravven posted himself.
Toriyama has a consistent style of folding as you can see it's like the shapes of a U and not a bunch of folds thrown out here and there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SV has a point, and J-Dude, Im getting kinda tired of seeing you reject C&C. Your model is just a bit bad, im trying to tell you whats so bad about it and you say that its the same <model>. So yeah, If you don't want it, i wont help you. Simple as that.. Good luck btw, if you keep rejecting C&C like this.

Sorry for the little off-topic post.
SV is kinda right, i didnt notice it but the folds dont look like Akira's style

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm i like this progress so far, only thing so far is bothering me are the forearms.
youll notice that when ya ll do the Hands.
anyway a nice tip to make costume folds with these ink n paint or final toon stuff ( ithink its almost the same, just the tactic you use it is important) make the folds like in smoothgroups. means, take any fold you want to get more shown by dark lines and smoothgroup it, in Lwo i would do simply cut the Polys and paste them withouth connecting them points.

hope it will help you, otherwise your pants look from the front like after the hips the legs got beefed up specialy.

just keep them flow down and the folds in the way of the pic wich was posted by ravven.

and just a note beside, J-dude, we never try to tell someone **** so he wont make that what he does anymore. accept or decline it, simpel a that ;D

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, a little proportion issue:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i might disagree with the pants porporations, because hte position is different, but it wouldnt hurt to match this pose to get 100% sure about this.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks has more cylindrical legs, in comparison to goku and baggy pants trunks's arent baggy at all. His chest should be smaller and more toned than bulky (my anatomy refs are too bulky for a character like trunks)

Hopefully this will help: http://spdbz.jp/character/trunks.html
Keep it up though, i like how its turning out so far.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's a grate model it look's like a tenkaichi model

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PiXel said:
i might disagree with the pants porporations, because hte position is different, but it wouldnt hurt to match this pose to get 100% sure about this.
Which means, fixing the model, and thats what I pointed out basically.

Best answers
-> SV
Yeah your probably right and maybe I'll remake them...
and the pic i posted wasn't the ref I was using ;)

->Davidskiwan
You mean that those body refs from gir's tut where yours??!! O_O I had no idea... One pice of great work!!
Guess what ref I'm using :]

Hmm I can see now that he is a bit to wide....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ShadyD said:
SV has a point, and J-Dude, Im getting kinda tired of seeing you reject C&C. Your model is just a bit bad, im trying to tell you whats so bad about it and you say that its the same <model>. So yeah, If you don't want it, i wont help you. Simple as that.. Good luck btw, if you keep rejecting C&C like this.

Sorry for the little off-topic post.
SV is kinda right, i didnt notice it but the folds dont look like Akira's style
*Ahem* I haven't "rejected" criticism one bit and have done nothing here to invoke such a response. I get frustrated when I don't know what people mean. I'm never saying errors aren't there, I'm sure there are, but I can't see exactly where. I'm a very specific person and I respond better to specifics.

My last post to you was just informing you that the model was not mean for smooth (regular)-shading, in case that was relevent to you. I have listened to every word of criticism, but I usually don't-like-to/can't act unless I know exactly what to fix. I'm very specific like I said. If YOU are specific as to say, which portions are problematic (or whch are the MOST problematic), then I am much more likely to be able to fix something.

I am open to whatever crits you have, I'm just not good at being broad.

Best answers
i Still dont agree with you SV : ] i saw many pics of trunks with lots of folds styles, and folds are suppose to be inorganized, couse they represent a meterial that s being changed with every movment of the leg, maybe they are diferent in the pic you posted, but they are still folds, and modeling them in a freestyle way is way more cool then replicating the ones from the pic

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sv isnt saying because "he" says is nataku =) he just says how its supossed to be originaly, if Ravven will listn to him is still his own opinion.

You may like more freestyle modeling, some like more precise modeling. Still everyones opinoin.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, ravven sorry for messing up your thread but this is my last off-topic post.
Basicly J-dude what you want is for someone to entirely chew out on how its supposed to be which is as wrong as you can get. You can look at other models but thats about it. If someone chews out for you what to do, than what have YOU really done? what have YOU really learned from it?
You're supposed to find out yourself a little on how its done, if u get frustrated by it than thats too bad. Just experiment, if you can't do it than you got an awfully long road to go.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, i thought it looked similar, however, i still think they're too baggy, and i agree with sv, also try to remember what trunk's build is like, those anatomy refs i did were very general trunks has quite unique poportions at that point, scince he's mid teens and we never see any other dbz character at that age (except for bulma and such) here's some refs for the trousers/pants, hopefully u can see what i mean better.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/8408/db34pg078sl0.gif
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6244/db34pg079ek7.gif
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3315/db34pg089cm2.gif

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol in that manga pic his legs are twice his torso ...
Isn't goten about his age in GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom