Future of graphics

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
on the same note, i dont see any real kids games where people see huge amounts of blood and guts and brains, even though the graphics of those games are becoming increasingly better.

overview: overly realistic graphics is fine, as long as its kept in context.
My sentiments precisely.

If you are young enough that playing a game where shooting someone in the face will be detailed enough to induce trauma...you shouldn't be playing a damn shooting game in the first place.

1) Parents of a chinese child went to a internet cafe to play WoW they left their child to die...

2) Some guy gave an other guy a sword in WoW just for testing, the second guy tought it was fun to sell the sword, the first guy killed the second guy (In real life, not in the game) because he couldnt get his sword back

Now if this happens with WoW what do you think that will happen to phsyco's? they will play the game, go mad, and then go into a murder spree because they dont know if they are still playing a game or if this is reality...these things will happen if graphics get too realistic..
Your argument here is terribly flawed. First any WoW player who's played for more than five minutes understands that you can't give people items 'just for testing'. I'd like to see the actual news story on this...

More importantly, your argument is inherently flawed because you picked WoW to make your point--the second cartooniest modern game I've ever seen. Graphic detail doesn't make us want to kill more; I have seen Jason rip out hot sluts' entrails like 50 times in the last ten years, that doesn't mean I'm going to go do it if it exceeds a minimal level of detail in the depiction of such acts.

Maybe disturbed minds may get ideas of what to do from video games, but I am of strong theory that such minds are disturbed in the first place. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are perfect examples--they were kids who were planning to shoot up their school, who played shooting games because of that fascination/compulsion/mental defect or whatever. They didn't start off normal and get turned into murderers by the game.

And those parents who let their kid die to play WoW are just morons. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah well i cant remember if it was for testing or something anyway....hmmm i shall try to find the magazine, anyway, the one guy traded a sword with the other guy for some reason and wanted it back later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom