FPS in ESF 1.2, and how to overclock your vid card

Best answers
Ok I just bought a new video card a e-GeForce FX 5700LE 256MB. When I bought this I thought I would have better fps, but its like exactly the same really. Either its my Halflife or its ESF. I know in 1.1 I got better fps, but this is 1.2. Anyway I would like to know how to overclock my videocard.

Best answers
dont remember where but there is soem things you ahve to edit in HL/ESF that will let you get 100fs soimeone with help you with a link if not just search throw the sticks its on of the sticks. Or just pm a mod or killedwithsytle becasue they will know

Best answers
most of those tweaks rarely work for me. IF someone can help me set up a good Autoexec for me to be able to get better fps please do it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ermmm dont expect it only to be ur half life, ive heared alot of complaints about g-force FX5700 (or it was a different number, but it was somewhere in the 5000) they said it was a pretty bad vid card, it is better then the 4 Ti, but it still sux compared to the better cards these days *points at 9800 pro(Ati Radeon)* tho even the ati have some problems X-x like in some shooter games if u trow a flash bang u PC freezes o.o

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
Ok I just bought a new video card a e-GeForce FX 5700LE 256MB. When I bought this I thought I would have better fps, but its like exactly the same really. Either its my Halflife or its ESF. I know in 1.1 I got better fps, but this is 1.2. Anyway I would like to know how to overclock my videocard.
what kind of computer do you have?

I have a 1.7 ghz 37 gb hard drive 256 ram p4

I used to have a geforce mx 400 in 1.1 i got 100 fps.

in 1.2 i got 30 in most maps 50 if i was the only one in them with nothing destroyed.

then i got the ati radeon 9800 pro

still the same fps no different. I know someone with a Geforce 400 and they get 100 fps in 1.2 also they have a 3 ghz hard drive with like 100+ gb hard drive

its not just the card my friend its also your computer

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how much gb of memory do you have? because if its not a lot then i can understand why its not helping.

Best answers
i have like 40gb of memory, but for some reason my max only says 26.7gb, but like two years ago i did a Factory restore on my pc, but something happened and now i don't have a max of 40gb no more.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope, that's hard drive space o_O
He means RAM. He also should have said mb not gb =P

Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
512 SyncDRAM
there u go thats how much ram he has and thats pretty thats what i got let me think of some ways to help your fps get the lastest drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp install that then turn off vertical sync if you dont know how to do that right click then hit properties go to settings then click on advanced then click on where it says your video card name a menu should pop up on the left look for opengl settings click on that then find vertical sync set it to always off then hit apply then ok if that doesnt work i might be your computer and you said your computer wont go over 27 gb or something trying defraging it that could help maybe well thats all i got hope it helps its probally your computer i have a gefore 5200 fx get 100 fps all the time but then again my computer is a lot better then yours (not bragging or anything) lets see p4 3 ghz 512 ram 160 gb hd but i hope what i typed helps you :)

Best answers
it wouldnt be the ram, it would be the video cards capacity now his system memory.

Turn Vsync off
properties, settings, advanced, your cards name tab, open gl, vertical sync, always off.

Go into the console type, fps_max "110"

That should be it, if not try exiting out of some processes because both the game and proccesses take cpu power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom