forum sugestion

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about you guys make a sepred selection for nations so that we can speak frealy in our native toungs each can have 1 thread with it's won suport if posible, some may not speak english well this way we could help our contry man a lot

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
We had this discussion quite a while ago, but was kinda decided it was a bit hard to moderate for the moderators if they don't understand or speak the language. Which language did you had in mind? I myself don't mind Dutch as I can fully understand that. Same for German we got German people onboard. Not sure about other languages.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we could sight some on up to admin it's won nation ,I could Admin for romaina to be sure noting gose out of hand but just for my contry thread, there are other contry to , Brazilian , argetinian , hungarian, you could decice who will be admin for it's own thread

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hummm it would break up the current socializing for sure

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather not have people freely talk about other people and the mod in a different language when only a certain group of people can understand what you're saying.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im allso against it. It would turn to chaos.

That and 90% of the forum population would be mods >.>

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Summed up pretty well. Bad idea, unless I get my own section because I speak Australian and have a funny accent. =þ

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha.

Dibs on Admin for US side.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure we brought this idea to the team back in the middle of 2008, when I was approached by a new member asking for support sections in different languages.

As Sky said, the idea was voted down by the team in the face of it being way too difficult to moderate. I think they ended up adopting the mindset that, if absolutely necessary, a person could post their problem in the Help section in their native tongue, and someone else who knows that language can answer back. Generally, though, it's not a problem, as most new members seem to make at least some attempt to post in English.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure we brought this idea to the team back in the middle of 2008, when I was approached by a new member asking for support sections in different languages.

As Sky said, the idea was voted down by the team in the face of it being way too difficult to moderate. I think they ended up adopting the mindset that, if absolutely necessary, a person could post their problem in the Help section in their native tongue, and someone else who knows that language can answer back. Generally, though, it's not a problem, as most new members seem to make at least some attempt to post in English.

Yea. I mean since I started ESF back in 2003, I have kinda grown to people who do not know English very well and alot of it is understandable. I mean most of it is small mistakes and misspelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom